“Wonderful”
Review of The Moat House

The Moat House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Acton Trussell
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Attended a wedding here on the 3rd August. The setting is lovely, very well organised, lovely food and the staff were lovely. I took my grandson to look at the ducks and a member of staff saw us and offered to fetch us a slice of bread, she came back with half a loaf which we had great fun feeding to the ducks. Nothing was too much trouble, wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Moat House

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I visited the moat house for a birthday celebration as it was my daughters 50th. A family get together and expectations that this venue would be ideal . My feedback is I was not happy with the quality of the food . My starter was inedible a pate of some sort which I could not eat.... Most of the party had Staffordshire beef the emphasis was STAFFORDSHIRE was tough and the yorky nearly flew of the plate as I tried to cut into it. Prior to all this I might add I was required to give my dessert order as was the rest of the party . Why why why most establishments bring the dessert menu following the main course. The white wine I ordered was left in a wine bucket away from the table and we had to keep asking for it to be bought over by a very reluctant young lady. I was so annoyed but as is the way didn't want to make known my dissatisfaction in front of my quests. Very poor for such a rated venue

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a friends wedding, the hotel is set in lovely grounds and hotel itself has a very grand appearance. All of the staff I encountered were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble, this goes from the bar staff straight through to the receptionists and the cleaners. The whole event passed off without issue and was handled fantastically without being intrusive. The rooms thereselves are very nicely appointed including a very good standard of bathroom, very comfortable bed and the biggest wardrobes i think i have seen in a hotel. Only 1 small downside was lack of air conditioning in certain rooms as it was a rare sunny day in England. The food was of a very good standard and i do not think there was one complaint and also the drinks etc and very fairly priced for a hotel, less than £4 a pint for Stella Artois which is very rare.

All in all fantastic and would definately use again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My husband and I chose the Moat House due to their flexibility more than anything else. We wanted a traditional ceremony with a relaxed casual reception, no sit down meal and a hog roast. A lot of venues we visited 'ummed and ahhhed', but not Gaynor. From start to finish Gaynor worked with us to turn our ideas into reality. She was completely honest when she thought something wouldn't work and really thought about the logistics of our requests to make sure our day was perfect. She adapted to our style and made some excellent suggestions to enhance our day for our guests and she was always at the end of the phone happy to help with any questions I had during the planning.

On the actual day the team was headed by Ben who was always on hand but without being overbearing. Nothing was too much trouble and every guest commented on the excellent staff and service. I fully expected to need to help setting up on the day but when we arrived the night before everything for the wedding was whisked away and stored safely and when I came down the next morning it was all out and done!

We really could not have asked for more from Gaynor, Ben and all the team and we can't wait for our 1st anniversary when we will be returning for a meal in the restaurant.

Thank you all so much. Since the wedding I have made the move to work in weddings and every one I strive to offer our brides the same level of service as you offered me.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ELA1288
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This place is perfection itself. The location is wonderful. The staff have manners to burn and the food fits in nicely as the same superb high standard as the location and staff. I simply cannot fault this place. I have eaten here numerous times, always ask for food and wine paring - the staff know their job! I have not had even one slightly 'not as good' evening here yet! I wish more places would take a leaf out if their book. Perfection itself!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I have had a wonderful afternoon at the Moathouse. The place is always well presented and welcoming. The staff in the Bar and Orangery are really helpful and take pride in their work. The Afternoon tea was delicious and I would definitely recommend it. Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Went to the Moat House a week ago to celebrate my Father in law 60th. Alas I felt quite unwell upon arrival and requested a room to rest a bit.

The MD - Chris Lewis - could not be more obliging and efficient and I was promptly given a fresh room despite the hotel being fairly full with other events.

A few hours later, I went to reception to checkout (and pay whatever was owed) only to be told that the room was complimentary.

We were very impressed by the generosity and they quality of service. We will definitely book again for other events etc...

Truly charming and very gentlemanly.

Thank you.

#1 of 11 in Stafford
Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent
Travelodge Stafford Central Hotel

Been to The Moat House? Share your experiences!