“wedding reception” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Acton Trussell
penkridge
“wedding reception”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have visited The Moat House on several occasions for various functions and it never fails to please It is a beautiful house in a wonderful setting The food has always been excellent and the staff very helpful and friendly I was delighted that my daughter and future son in law chose this venue for their wedding reception I knew that they would not be disappointed as the hotel has a good reputation locally in the neighbouring village of Penkridge The theme for the wedding was "Winter Wonderland" the decorations in the dining were excellent and in keeping with the occasion The lovely grounds were perfect for taking photographs with the snow still carpeting the lawns and ice still on the lake
This time I was fortunate to have an overnight stay I had a lovely large bedroom over looking the moat with views out to the canal The room was immaculate and the huge bed was clean and so comfortable The ensuite was spotless
The Wedding reception meal was good I had Sea Bass couldnt fault it... .excellent!.. ...
At breakfast the next morning the table was beautilully laid for twenty people the breakfast was also good I normally only have cereal and fruit but this time I was tempted to bacon and scrambled egg and it was perfect
I would like to express my thanks to the manager and staff who made my daughter and new son in law 's day so perfect and enjoyable I will continue to recommend you in the future

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Congleton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Since our visit to this hotel on the occasion of my sons wedding reception I have recommended it to everyone.My daughter and I found the room we were in comfortable and spotlessly clean with plenty of toiletries,tissues,soft white towels,tea ,coffee,biscuits and bottled water.The view from our window was wonderful and the grounds very pretty.The reception in the library before the meal was nice and we were served canapes by a pleasant girl who engaged in chat with everyone, and steadfastly holding the heavy tray refusing to put it on the table because that was what was expected of her! The evening meal was served in an oak- beamed room beautifully set up with an almost christmassy effect with good lighting effects.The table was set out with white linen, candles and sparkling glasses.About 32 guests were served by 3 waiters. The only complaint that I heard was from those who had opted for soup all saying it was rather bland. I can honestly say that we enjoyed a hot and tasty meal,our main course was chicken.The wine waiter came round on at least 5 occasions to top up our glasses if needed.After the meal we went to the library for the rest of the evening where a waiter came to ask for drink orders.The next morning 16 of the guests who had stayed over sat together for a lovely hot breafast. May I say that all staff were pleasant and helpful . I can recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms as stated by those who stayed with us could be recommeded.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband & I attended our dear friends wedding on the 26 th Jan 2013. It was a beautiful snowy day at The gorgeous Acton Trussell Moathouse. The room we had the meal in was just amazing with it's oak beams, crisp white linen and twinkly lights, it looked like a winter wonderland with white christmas trees candles and beautifully decorated. The staff were very professional, friendly & efficient. Gorgeous food very well presented & great timing between courses. My glass was never empty! Always topped up with out having to ask :-) the style is stylish & in keeping with the 14th century character, warm & cosy.
After the meal we retired to have a go on the casino table in a lovely private area, the library, which i believe the hotel offered free which was perfect to relax with Neil & dawns family & friends and have fun.
Although we were not staying over night we were lucky enough to join them, in the morning, for a gorgeous breakfast, which our taxi driver recommended!! & it didn't disappoint! I have worked in a wide range of hotels over 28 years and appreciate good service, good food & beautiful surroundings & this hotel has it all!! It was a pleasure to be a guest here & I'm sure the bride & groom will have wonderful memories of their special day :-) thank you!

Room Tip: We didn't stay as we only attended the wedding meal & breakfast, so that is why i can't...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susan F
northwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Mini reunion with friends for evening meal and overnight stay. No complaint whatsoever about the atmospheric restaurant, good food and faultless service. Groundlloor room was quiet and peaceful. Room was too hot overnight but windows opened easily to let in fresh air. Well situated from exit 13 on M6 for those wanting a comfortable overnight break.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with my granddaughter (13), the rooms were nicely furnished with en suite facilities. The bed was very comfortable and the room was lovely and warm. We had a great nights sleep. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic, there was so much food to choose from we were really spoilt for choice. All the staff were very friendly, from the minute we walked in to the minute we left we were very well looked after. Would highly recommend the hotel to everyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Have eaten Sunday lunch at the Moat House on a number of occasions and have found it one of the most consistent restaurants in both quality of food and service. More recently we had a Christmas party night which saw a large number of people seated at the same time. Again the service was very efficient. On the odd occasion where something was not quite right Luke and his team acted quickly to remedy the situation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at the Moat House as a wind down after Christmas and New Year (it is 1/2 way between families!). Never stayed here before but is was excellent. The hotel is very well appointed and maintained and during our stay offered a feeling of calm not always found even in 4* establishments.

We dined one night on the Two AA Rosette restaurant which was again excellent. If I was to be picky the main course could have been a little hotter on arrival at the table.

Second night we eat in the bar and again the standard of food and service was excellent and for the quality of food very good value for money

Room Tip: Executive room was very nice indeed and bathroom was very good. Beware some double rooms are twin zi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Premier Inn Stafford North (Hurricane) Hotel
Oak Farm Hotel
Oak Farm Hotel
#1 of 2 in Hatherton

Been to The Moat House? Share your experiences!