“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orangery Restaurant

Orangery Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Droitwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I love this place. it takes an hour to get there from my house but it is well worth the trip. I manage to eat here about four times a year.

The restaurant is set in beautiful grounds with a lake which supports a variety of water birds. There is a canal right next to the restaurant with quite a lot of boats travelling by which adds to the interest.

The food is excellent and I have never had any trouble enjoying the vegetarian options which are inventive and interesting.

The service is very good and the staff are helpful and go out of their way to assist with special requests.

Given the setting and quality of food and service I consider the value for money to be excellent.
It is necessary to book ahead for Sunday lunch.

I recommend this place highly

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Hilary P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Lovely birthday meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

It was a pleasure to travel to this lovely restaurant and enjoy a first class meal in a contemporary setting. The staff were efficient and attentive and the food excellent, and having a linchtime meal found the price was very affordable for such fine fare. The only very slight negative comment was that because of some renovation work there was a view of a variety of builders and vehicles in sight of the restaurant, perhaps some temporary blinds might have been appropriate. My wife had taken me out on my 60th birthday and it was a delightful surprise. It was very nice to see the "signature" chef come out to congratulate another birthday party so we knew on the day it was his food we were eating which is not always the case at other high class signature restaurants.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Michael W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lucky find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We ate in the conservatory restaurant the other week after going on a day trip, we decided to stop here after searching for places half way on our journey home. we had had a quick look at reviews and it looked nice although the a la carte menu is not cheap we wanted a bit of a treat. we ended up being in time for the early bird menu (which actually runs till 19:30 when we went) opting for a full 3 courses, sorbet and coffee which is excellent value for the quality of food. staff were attentive and easy to talk to the general mood was calm and relaxed (we went mid week). we are definitely going to go back and take friends with us next time. i uploaded a couple of photos of my main and dessert!

1 Thank Alpha131313
Cannock, United Kingdom
“excellent service and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We do not live far from this restaurant and for some reason we had never been
We booked a table and the service was excellent, good choice on the menu and food was superb,
This is the closest you will get to a michelin star restaurant, with reasonable prices for the quality of food
We will certainly be going again

1 Thank steve_ann_11
ChrisLMilwich, Owner at Orangery Restaurant, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our Restaurant. Hopefully now you have found us you will come back again!
Chris Lewis
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Surprise Birthday dinner for my husband”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

For my husband’s 45th Birthday I wanted to something a little special. I have always known of the moat house, but never yet been.

I arranged for my guests to arrive, and had the restaurant arrange everything so that it would be a surprise for him, with our guests waiting in the bar and champagne on arrival, and it all went great, he had no idea at all, they were there.

I have eaten at many of the top restaurants in the country and overseas, and had high expectation, and I can honestly say I was not disappointed. The food was fantastic, I have goats cheese starter, and pork belly main which was cooked perfectly. The wine recommended to accompany was excellent too.

I have asked the restaurant to bake a cake for Martin and they, did, all iced and decorated, with candles too, lovely.

We had an odd number of guests 9, and this problem was solved by them giving us a round table which was perfect.

There was a wedding on at the same time, but you would not have know, there was no disturbance at all. The location is great, with lakes at the front as you enter and the canal at the back.

Over breakfast, it was lovely to watch the duck and boats go by.

All in all a super venue, and perfect evening and meal. Thank you Moat house, a special thank you Nikki on the desk that carefully organised everything for me too. Great effort.

1 Thank Sally_l911
Many thanks for taking the time to post your lovely review about your experience in our Restaurant. I will pass your comments on to the team and let Nikki know about her organisational skills!
I hope to welcome you back to The Moat House very soon.
Chris Lewis