“Lucky find”

Orangery Restaurant
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We ate in the conservatory restaurant the other week after going on a day trip, we decided to stop here after searching for places half way on our journey home. we had had a quick look at reviews and it looked nice although the a la carte menu is not cheap we wanted a bit of a treat. we ended up being in time for the early bird menu (which actually runs till 19:30 when we went) opting for a full 3 courses, sorbet and coffee which is excellent value for the quality of food. staff were attentive and easy to talk to the general mood was calm and relaxed (we went mid week). we are definitely going to go back and take friends with us next time. i uploaded a couple of photos of my main and dessert!

1  Thank Alpha131313

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We do not live far from this restaurant and for some reason we had never been
We booked a table and the service was excellent, good choice on the menu and food was superb,
This is the closest you will get to a michelin star restaurant, with reasonable prices for the quality of food
We will certainly be going again

1  Thank steve_ann_11
ChrisLMilwich, Owner at Orangery Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our Restaurant. Hopefully now you have found us you will come back again!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

For my husband’s 45th Birthday I wanted to something a little special. I have always known of the moat house, but never yet been.

I arranged for my guests to arrive, and had the restaurant arrange everything so that it would be a surprise for him, with our guests waiting in the bar and champagne on arrival, and it all went great, he had no idea at all, they were there.

I have eaten at many of the top restaurants in the country and overseas, and had high expectation, and I can honestly say I was not disappointed. The food was fantastic, I have goats cheese starter, and pork belly main which was cooked perfectly. The wine recommended to accompany was excellent too.

I have asked the restaurant to bake a cake for Martin and they, did, all iced and decorated, with candles too, lovely.

We had an odd number of guests 9, and this problem was solved by them giving us a round table which was perfect.

There was a wedding on at the same time, but you would not have know, there was no disturbance at all. The location is great, with lakes at the front as you enter and the canal at the back.

Over breakfast, it was lovely to watch the duck and boats go by.

All in all a super venue, and perfect evening and meal. Thank you Moat house, a special thank you Nikki on the desk that carefully organised everything for me too. Great effort.

1  Thank Sally_l911

Many thanks for taking the time to post your lovely review about your experience in our Restaurant. I will pass your comments on to the team and let Nikki know about her organisational skills!
I hope to welcome you back to The Moat House very soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Too many reviews on this website seem to classify the "Good' as "Excellent" but in this case The Moat House does, in my view, really deserve this accolade. It is one of the few establishments I have visited in England where I can say that the service was fully up to the best continental standards. The staff were cheery, polite and had obviously been trained in customer service, an essential that far too many places seem to regard as something that is not required. Even if the food had not been up to standard the performance of the restaurant team on the Sunday of our visit would have given this place a good mark. As it was the food too deserved to be marked as excellent. The good choice on offer was well prepared and well presented. There was just one tiny niggle. If you are going to put roast beef on the menu please make sure you have enough horse radish sauce to be able to offer it to everyone! We lingered over a long lunch with friends but at no time were we pressurised to eat-up or move-on. Yes, one word summed up our experience - Excellent.

2  Thank SandyMaidstone

Thank you for your excellent review for our Restaurant at The Moat House. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the experience. I will be passing your comments on to our team especially about the lack of horseradish for your beef dish!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were entertained to Sunday lunch here by some very good friends who were celebrating their fortieth wedding anniversary. The food and service was excellent and we will definitely return again under our own steam. Just one small niggle - it was Sunday lunch and roast beef featured on the menu but by 1.45 the restaurant had run out of horseradish sauce - unbelievable!

1  Thank MrWisty

Thank you for your lovely review about our Restaurant at The Moat House. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience. I will look into the matter regarding the lack of horseradish by 1.45 pm!! I agree that this is not good enough. I hope to welcome you back very soon.