“netvigator” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stag and Hounds

Stag and Hounds
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Churchill
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ambleside, United Kingdom
“netvigator”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Visited twice during a stay just up the road.Service could be better but overall about the usual standard for this type of eatery.

• Visited April 2013

Yatton, United Kingdom
“Downhill fast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Was very disappointed with my last visit don't think I will be visiting in future unless things improve dramatically the stag and hounds was always a good place to visit with friends and food was always a good standard but this visit was a mistake won't be going back unless food and service improves so disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Yes it's 2 4 1, but prices are double than similar places”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We have been here on several occasions now. I feel it has gone downhill since we first visited, and as a consequence we haven't visited at all this year. We generally have steak, which I prefer rare. This has come out medium on more than one occasion, which isn't to my taste.

Yes it's 2 4 1 but mixed grills and steaks are on average £15-£17, whereas similar in somewhere like Whetherspoons or Hungry Horse is £8-£10. At this rate it's more like "buy one get one half price".

The staff are generally nice, drinks the usual price, and there's ample parking. I'd go here if I was in the area, but I wouldn't go out of my way to visit like I once would have.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Very Disappointing!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

After coming to the stag and hounds several times last year me and my partner knew that our food would be lovely. We returned tonight (1st march) thinking the food would be at the same standard. The menu had changed, alot less choice and was told that i coudn't have the dish i desired without cheese as they came prepared with cheese already inside it. Seeing as they were enchiladas i would of assumed that they were freshly made. I finally decided that i would have the sirloin steak which my partner also had. After waiting for our meals for over an hour our food turnt up. Chips boiling hot, onion rings freezing cold and our steaks lukewarm. Aswell as the steaks not being cooked correctly. To be fair to the manager he didnt charge us for the drink each that we had and as for thebfood he told us we didnt have to pay as we didnt touch it.. Absolutely apalling.. if your looking for a decent meal the nelson arms just down the road is absolutely delicious and serves home cooked food. DO NOT EAT AT THE STAG AND HOUND

“Never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I understand that 2-4-1 isn't going to be the highest of quality but still I was left very dissapointed with our visit. There is a sign saying 'please wait to be seated' so we waited and waited untill we just walked into the resturant and asked if we could have one of the avalible tables, The waitress just nodded and pointed at an empty table we were told at the bar that a waitress would take our drink order, so we had to wait to be able to get a drink even thought the lad on the bar was stood doing nothing, I found this very strange! When we finally ordered I had chicken and ribs my husband had mix grill the portions were exceptable being a 2-4-1 but the chicken was extreamly dry and the BBQ sauce over the ribs tasted burnt. My husbands mix grill was not very good the steak was meant to be medium rare but was well done again the chicken was dry and the veg didn't seem like it had even been cooked. Neither of us enjoyed the food or any part of our visit so never again for me!

• 2 of 5 bubbles