“something completely different”
Review of The Lamb Inn

Reviewed July 28, 2010

As enterinng the inn i did not know what to expect, as i drove trough the coutryside all i could see was pitoresk houses and my satnav guided me to the lamb inn.

As i entered i got a real warm welcome and got offered a nice room above the bar. the Spice room, the room is just awesome in style and with the woodcarvings everywhere you realy feel your suite is special.

The bar downstairs is real nice, all the people here are warm and allways up for a chat.
ofcourse if you would like to go to bed early (<22:00) the bar is still full of people and you might hear some chatting and laughing, but that did not bother me at all.

I'm used to some running in the morning and the barkeeper gave me a great lap to run at 7:00 i was the only one awake ofcourse i had to let myself out at that time :) ... and when i got back the breakfast was allmost ready to serve.

1 small issue was the internet no working and the 3G connection in this area isnt what it should be. so i couldnt do a lot of additional work after business hours.
but they're solving the problem as we speak so it will be up and running again.

if your looking for a realy nice place to stay in this part of the country i would love to recoment the lamb inn. at least for a day or two.. you have to taste the food, made with love and passion. and there are some nice beers to taste.

I've stayed for 4 nights. and i loved this place. tomorrow going back to holland and i have to say this is one of my finest stays in england so far...

Have fun at this inn and i hope you will have such a good time as i had..

thnx to all the staff.

ps : the spicy fries that go with the steak are the best i ever had..

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed May 16, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights to celebrate my birthday with partner.
We stayed in the China Seas room and was very comfortable.
Had meal there Friday night and had a brilliant meal at a reasonable price.
Loved the sun trap patio as had the good weather yesterday to sit there and relax with nice glass of wine. Loved the fact they had Stowford Press cider as that also went down nicely.
Very good atmosphere and has a lot of business from the locals which is always a good sign. The hen party last night did seem to enjoy themselves but the noise was not bad at all. Is defintely a pub to eat in (due to its size) and not the space to relax in sofas with a drink but that gave us a good excuse to take our drink to our room which is unusual and enjoyable.
Breakfast perfect and very good quality food used throughout. Very clean room - so clean they removed my half of the lush bubble bar. Would def recommend and would def return given any excuse.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2010

Where to start? The staff at the Lamb Inn could not be more hospitable. A very relaxing stay away from the daily hustle and bustle of our life in London. The locals are very friendly and made us feel very welcome. We opted for the Roman Road room which is just above the bar but the lovely Tracey told us this when we booked. The sounds of chat and laughter did not bother us even after we retired to our room. A beautiful room and an extremely comfortable bed. The Lamb Inn is a gastro pub in the cotswolds which serves Peroni and Extra Cold Guiness on tap - much to the delight of my husband. I would sum the Lamb Inn as the perfect country retreat for a brow-beaten London PA like myself. As for the food - absolutely exquisite! How fantastic to find such a 'Gold Mine' as the Lamb Inn. This is a very family run business and I personally felt I was treated like royalty. The staff are so friendly, especially 'Sam' she is a little star! We visited the nearby villages which are really quaint and nearby Witney for cinema and shopping. There are lots of lovely local pubs to eat in and a little less expensive but the food at the Lamb is very hard to beat and is much more than value for money - I would recommend trying as many options on the menu as your stay permits, as everything that we ordered was hot, fresh and extremely delicious. I am looking forward to returning for a long weekend and staying in one of the other themed rooms such as the Paris. I would highly recommend The Lamb Inn without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2010

I was looking for a village retreat, which I certainly got. Lovely village with three pubs and two hotels and that's about it. Great place to go and just do nothing.

The hotel is essentially above a pub. The rooms are themed a various countries and are large, clean and comfy.

Food in the pub was lovely and the real ales were great too.

The down sides are the expense and the young, snooty bar staff. Oh, and noise.

£120 a night is way too much for what it is. The young bar staff are indicative of the young middle classes of today. Lethargic, couldn't care less attitude, and you will be made to feel as though you are intruding. It's a bit like the "townie v country" thing.

Still, in truth it didn't spoil a lovely weekend in the country.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gazpacho68
Reviewed November 29, 2009

We stayed here for a night with friends and had a super time. The rooms are lovely and good value. There was good parking, The food was great (particularly the breakfast).
The staff couldnt have been more attentive and looked after us well. The cost of the room was good for the Cotswolds.
Would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Found this charming Inn while driving by. Excellent food (not your usual pub grub)-- fabulous local lamb, of course!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My wife has worked for an airline for more than 20 years so we are used to travelling and staying at different places. Although The Lamb Inn isn't a new luxury 5 star hotel with all the gadgets, it's sure worth visiting. Our stay was one of our more memorable stays we had in a long time. It's certainly in our favourite top 5 places to stay!
So what is so special about this place? The secret is in the total package and the details.
First of all we got a warm and welcome reception by Paul (the barman). He really knows how to make you feel welcome at the Inn. The Lamb Inn is a family run business where Tracey and her son Paul and the staff are all focussed to put the customer first. Paul’s uncle is the chef and he surprised use with excellent food (not what we are used to in England) I had a mouth watering Lambs rack which was cooked to perfection. My wife enjoyed here 30 day hung Sirloin Steak. Starters and dessert were very good too. The sticky toffee Pudding was excellent. On the Wednesday we enjoyed the Pie Night (good food for very little money). The pub and restaurant were packed but the atmosphere was excellent and the service did not suffer.
Summary:
• Clean room with comfortable bed and "power" shower (Leopards Hills)
• Excellent food (breakfast and dinner)
• Very good wines (which you can order by the glass)
• Nice bar
• Perfect atmosphere
• Good location for exploring the Cotswold
• Excellent service
• Just off the road through the village. Noise level not to bad.
• Just over half an hour from Bicester Village (outlet shopping) Great according to my wife. I am still recovering.

We will certainly be back!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
#1 of 8 in Burford
The Bull at Burford
The Bull at Burford
#4 of 8 in Burford

Been to The Lamb Inn? Share your experiences!