All reviews lamb the pub leopard hills spice route en provence paris room roman road fish and chips wine list well worth a visit steep stairs lovely food made us feel two night stay cooked breakfast lovely weekend friday night
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I always enjoy a trip to the Lamb Inn -good food and friendly service. Just need a longer visit next time to try a few of their beers and wines...The food is hearty and tasty ,well worth a visit if you are in this lovely part of the world.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CornishMorgans
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Lovely pub with great food. Stayed here when they had a absolutely full restaurant 40 people and had to sit at the only table left (it was nearly Xmas). great meal and service was good. Room was fine except no heating but that was fine for me. remember this is a village pub with great food and rooms above the pub so can be quite noisy but again nothing to worry about.
Wednesday night was pie night so I had pie which was wonderful. My only complaint would be they only start breakfast at 8.30 but offered a continental instead. Must be lovely in the summer.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2013

There was a slight mix up with our room when we arrived and we had to spend the night in another room. We were compensated for this and moved to another room the next day. Not the end of the world.

The location is great for touring around and the village itself is very pretty.

The food was OK. My husband loved his so I think maybe it was just that I made bad choices for myself.

The staff, without exception are charming and couldn't do enough for you.

Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid the Spice route room. Its above the bar and very noisy. Leopard room is the best for peace and quiet.
1  Thank Sally L
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Had supper at the lamb last night and it was fantastic .On arrival was greeted by Tracey the owner lovely lady and could not more to make you welcome well done. After a few drinks we were taken to our table by one of the staff who was very polite . After a few minutes she came back and took our order and ask if we would like to see the wine list, we looked but went for a larger and a wine and soda which was brought to the table very quickly. I ordered steak medium rare and my partner the pork , after 15 minutes the food arrived piping hot the steak was fantastic perfect (Tim the chef knows what medium rare is!!) my partner said how fantastic the pork tasted again down to the chefs thank you .Through our the staff asked twice if every thing was ok which was really nice well done staff . After the fantastic meal we sat at the bar and had some more drinks and we were warmly welcomed by the staff , we met Tim and thank him for our experience 5* . All in all a must for a visit food perfect staff excellent beer tasted fantastic well done Paul ! . I went to the Lamb earlier in the week at lunch time or a beer again lovely but about 2 o clock a local chap came in and started to speak Derek was his name came across as if he was the local bobby !!! moaning about the price of beer local people etc . After 20 minutes I could take no more boring Said goodbye to DEREK and finished my drink , on putting on my coat Derek asked for a lift home as he had a bad knee but told him I was walking , he grumbled something and I left. Again 5*** to Tracy , Tim and all the staff will be seeing you again soon thank you.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Whilst touring the cotswolds we were looking for a nice place for lunch. After reading mixed reviews mainly good, we tried the lamb inn in our way back from Burford. We walked in to be greeted by a pleasant lady who, after checking her watch, said that we would be fine for food as they serve until half 2 and it was quarter past. The place was virtually empty so we had our choice of where we wanted to sit. We ordered at the bar before deciding on a table. I went for a tuna pepper melt baguette and my fiancé went for the coronation chicken sandwich. Whilst sitting at our table we were admiring the bar area. The owner / some of the regulars seem to be NH horse racing fans as there are many pictures and pieces of memorabilia from Cheltenham festivals of years gone by. The food arrived a short time after. The food was pleasant enough without being anything special, served with a pleasant salad and parsnip crisps. It seems to be a regulars sort of pub. An older gentleman at the bar kept belching which was a little off putting. Next time we are travelling through the area we would definitely try there again as it is a nice pub in a nice location and the lady behind the bar was pleasant.