All reviewslambthe publeopard hillsspice routeen provenceparis roomroman roadfish and chipswine listwell worth a visitsteep stairslovely foodmade us feeltwo night staycooked breakfastlovely weekendfriday night
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We booked a table for two tonight as we have won a voucher in our little girls school event for the Wednesday night pie night. We went very open minded as I remember the pub from my school days and reading the older reviews on here, were not sure quite what to expect.
We were greeted by friendly staff and shown a table. Not the best position, but I'm glad we did book as it was packed.
Pie night brings visions of a couple of pastry heavy pies and chips. NOT HERE. There were approx 6 pies on the menu with some being pastry topped and mine cheesy mash topped.
Very well thought about, with the choice of two starters ( Both fish ), then the pies and two deserts.
I was full after, which is rare, and on a price point deal, usually these things are measured small. Not so. There was plenty, and lovely fresh, well cooked veg complimented the main well.
Not sure on the complimentary sangria ( Why? Half a pint or small wine would have been better )
Very good level of service, there but not bothering you. Very good food. Very good ambiance and very good beer.
We will be back, and will try the sister Wychwood pub down the road too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GreatFind_Cotswolds
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This lovely Inn, tucked away secretively up a little lane off the main road from Burford to Chipping Norton, is well worth the effort to find! Always service with a smile at the Lamb Inn in our experience, and the outside garden is wonderful on a balmy summer night!
The decor, ambience, service,food,real-ales,beers & wines are all superb, and it has remained so for a number of years that we have been calling in whilst passing. We really need to spend a night or two here, as I'm sure that it will be delightful also, and will plan this for our autumn tour of the Cotswolds.

Room Tip: We have not had the pleasure of staying here yet, however,I believe that any room at the Lamb Inn will ensure a wonderful night, as the area is secluded and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Room was excellent (French room) although there was insufficient hot water for a bath which was quite disappointing. Pub served excellent food and the breakfast was good. Nice location to be able to walk into the village and surrounds.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

What a great place, stayed in the Spice Route room. Very comfortable 4 post bed and nice decor. Room is above the bar so a little noise but quiet as soon as the bar closes. Fabulous food in the restaurant and good breakfast with cereal, fruit and cooked. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SteveGCardiff
Reviewed July 1, 2013

a very cozy place. I was there last weekend for 3 nights and it was execellent. I slept in the leopard room and it was very comfortable. breakfast was very good. one evening I had dinner at the pub and everything was delicious and they were so kind to prepare a special request meal for my daughter aged six /by the way there is also a children menu that is very good). the price for B&B is really ok! I would go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family