“Lovely Food, Excellent Service”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Bishops Stortford offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We visit Pizza Express frequently. We have eaten there at both lunch and dinner, as a couple and with the family. The service is always excellent, friendly and efficient and the food is consistently very good.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

The door was locked when I arrived at 12.30 for lunch. I exchanged 'pleasantries' with the waitress who was neither pleasant or friendly. The inside is dated & dirty, dusty radiators & window ledges - has the floor ever been cleaned? When my pizza arrived it was overcooked, chewy & like a piece of leather. I should have sent it back but on a lunch hour how long would this have taken? And my friend would have finished while I started, so I soldiered on. Couldn't manage it all - my jaw ached. I mentioned the toughness to the waitress who didn't apologise but spat out "well you should have returned it". Frankly, I'll never return here. Worst restaurant pizza I've ever had.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I love Pizza Express and I have been to quite a few but this one really let me down. The first thing that caught my attention was the terrible décor, it looked like a cross between a barn and a construction site, something from the 70's and the chairs were really uncomfortable. There were radiators around the restaurant and not one of them was turned on, I was absolutely freezing. The glasses were filthy and looked like someone had washed paint brushes inside them....

Before I placed my order I advised the waitress that I had a tastecard. She told me that I couldn't use it on a Sunday, I had to inform her that when I made the booking I told the person on the other end of the phone that I have a tastecard and it clearly states that it can't be used on a Saturday and Friday evening only. Embarrassed she apologised.

My wine arrived and it tasted like a glass of chilled vinegar....

The starter was ok, my pizza however was just soggy bread with too much tomato and not enough toppings, when I picked up a piece of pizza everything just slid of like a mud slide.

The only highlight to the meal was the background music. I definitely will not be returning to this Pizza Express.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We waited for an eternity for substandard food. The place is tired & dirty. The staff are uninterested. This is by far the worse pizza express I have been to. I must admit that every other one I have been to have been of very good quality, I can't imagine why this one has gone so terribly wrong. Never again.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I don't eat frozen or chilled pizzas but I have always loved Pizza Express. Sadly today changed my mind. I asked for the La Reine Pizza with the olives replaced by more mushrooms (well the olives didn't appear ... but neither did the extra mushrooms). As this is a favourite of mine, I was suprised by its appearance when it arrived! The edges were close to being burnt and the topping looked like lunar landscape. The cheese had an odd chewy texture and was not as I remember it (from 2 weeks ago). I don't like complaining, but I waited for the 'is everything ok for you?' visit from the waiter/waitress - this didn't come until I had finished my meal (leaving a substantial amount on the plate) When asked 'was everything ok for you' I replied "not really, it was not as tasty as I expected and was overcooked" to which the waitress response was - "oh I am sorry". However, I still received the full bill with no other comment. Sorry Pizza Express - I won't be visiting your Bishop's Stortford restaurant again!