“Lively place”

Baroosh
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Baroosh bar & kitchen is about you. We have five beautiful venues that are located in prime, high street locations in affluent towns and cities around the Home Counties. We focus on fresh food, wine, craft beers and classic cocktails from around the world. We try to do the simple things exceptionally well, striving to exceed expectations, whenever possible. The Baroosh vision is to provide an environment that will make you feel great and stay for longer! Our teams are rated by guests as friendly, attentive, interested & knowledgeable. We use renowned bar designer, Philip Harrison to ensure every bar welcomes you into a warm, relaxed and contemporary space. Edyta, Manager.
Cambridge UK
“Lively place”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

In my opinion, whether Baroosh is good or bad depends on what you are expecting from it and the purpose of your visit. When I've eaten there, there have been times when a waiter has been particularly nice and there is a dish I have especially liked and I've come away feeling "that was OK", and on another occasion a waiter was very slow, food mediocre and I've come away disappointed. After half a dozen visits I've now come to the conclusion that probably I will not bother to eat there again. But, as a meeting place for a group of friends, a place to have a drink (or two) amidst a lively and trendy atmosphere with, maybe, a few interesting nibbles before the whole group gets together and then goes on to the cinema, the theatre or even to another local restaurant where the atmosphere is a little quieter, less crowded, more intimate then it is ideal. So yes, it's great for that but it wouldn't be my first choice locally for dinner!

• Visited March 2013

Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
“Baroosh, all you need in one place.”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have visited Baroosh on several occasions. Their are two roomy areas to sit, either on the comfy couches and booths, or tables for all sizes of party. Great designer decor. Usually visit around 5.30 and have a few drinks, always served with a friendly smile. Stopped in one morning with girl friends to find the place filled with the morning coffee crowd. On another occasion had lunch and shared 3 items on a platter from the 'nibbly sharing menu'. Fat juicy sausages, freshly cooked fingers of fresh mackerel, and a pot of fish pate....great portions more than enough for 2 - couldn't actually finish it. All for £10 plus drinks. So Baroosh has several different faces, morning coffee shop, lunch , afternoon tea, wine bar, restaurant and I am sure a great night out. Don't know about the evening/nightclub scene - 'fraid my clubing days are over!! - I can highly recommend Baroosh.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank travelswithfun
London, United Kingdom
“Ideal for a lunchwith friends”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

From working very close to Barrosh I would often pay it a visit at lunchtime when dining with a friend. I thought the food was nice and the staff friendly but a little slow sometimes, it is a little over priced but the decor and atmosphere are very up to date. A popular lunchtime choice and I would recommend it for a bite to eat.

• Visited October 2012
Bishops Stortford
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I've visited Baroosh in the evening but this was the first time at lunch. Really enjoyed it! The food was tasty and well presented - had a choice of sharing dishes and they were top quality. The place had a good laid-back atmosphere - plenty of people, good background music, no children and the service was excellent. Will return!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank moonpool
London
“Tried to eat here twice - gave up twice”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Well on 2 occasions I have tried to eat here for breakfast on a Saturday and given up and left twice. We have eaten there in the past and found it passable but not memorable.
The decor and feel is wonderfulk and elegant but once we sat down ourselves (no maitre D to show or greet you) we sat for about 10 minutes and no one came by or near with a menue or for drinks. The first time we just left, with no one challenging or asking why.
The second time the place was a quater full with no one actually eating. Again we waited for a menu and eventually I went for one myself. As I picked up a menu a rude staff member barked "if youre thinking of ordering coffee's or food it will be about 20 minutes to half an hour". I dont know what else I was going to order in a bar at 10.30. Again we got up, dressed and left along with another couple who were waiting before us.
No one seemed to be in charge and there was little to no customer service. The place appears to be more style than substance and I doubt they will get a third chance to impress me. So many bars and restaurants open and close in Stortford, I think this wont last with this poor attitude and service.

• Visited January 2013