“" Elvis Nights"”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2012

These evenings are a great way to have fun with friends. Set meal, loads to eat, very good price at £20. And you get "Elvis" singing from about 9 p.m at no extra cost. He's brilliant and a great entertainer. Try it.

There are newer reviews for Shadhona

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Great food, polite friendly staff, good atmosphere

1  Thank SarahDee81
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I had a layover in Stansted Airport and decided to find a curry house - I am not in England often and love the Indian food they serve there. So I went into nearby Bishop's Stortford specially for lunch. I chose a chicken korma and sag paneer, as I have never been disappointed by those dishes before.

Now, I have. The korma was granular and bland, and the chicken was dry, hard and unappetizing. The sag paneer was equally uninteresting. Add to this a rude service (I was eating alone, and this seemed to almost amuse the staff, who didn't bother to even ask me what I wanted to drink with my meal, I needed to tell them this myself when the food arrived.) All in all, a VERY disappointing visit.

3  Thank Tim132
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The food at Shadhona is fairly good and tasty. It's just the smell. Everytime I've been there the lingering smell of onions on your clothes several hours after is horrendous. Definitely not a place to go for a date. I think they need some kind of air filtering system.

1  Thank Sally G
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I have tried most curry houses in the local area and this one is consistently the best. The food is great and doesn't seem to change. I guess it is the same poor chef every time I go there. They do a really nice Sunday buffet which is good value.

I have used their take away as well and they give 10% off and a free bottle of beer! Parking isn't great but after 6.30 it's free parking. Also good for a cheeky curry before the pictures round the corner

1  Thank Gusman68