“Recent visit”
Review of Cafe Masala

Cafe Masala
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian and Bengali street food cafe restaurant / contemporary Indian menu,family run business,ample car parking at rear .
Reviewed July 8, 2012

A great Indian restaurant not too expensive and well ccoked food and they serve alcohol free beer.

1  Thank David S

Reviewed April 22, 2012

My husband and I frequent Cafe Masala on a regular basis, as well as having take aways as they are very local to where we live. We always look forward to coming home from holiday and having a curry the same evening as we have always like to support it being only a small restaurant and the food is good. On the 12th April we visited the restaurant, having travelled back from theCanary Islands that day. The restaurant was not over busy and we ordered and had our meal, which on this occasion was disappointing as they had changed the menu and we had chosen the wrong dishes. (Our fault). It was when a waiter walked past us and ended (accidentally) throwing 3 plates of left over curry etc all over my husband. He covered from head to toe. The waiter apologised and we were sympathetic but all he seemd concerned about was the state of the carpet, the rice and curry on the floor. Upon standing up, I discovered the whole of my right leg was also covered. My husband 's shirt and trousers were ruined, yet no one seemed concerned, not even the manager. Other customers looked on astonished and embarrassed. We were offered another seating place but no real apology. We decided to go home as it had been a long day travelling and this was a disasterous finish to our holiday. Upon receiving the bill, can you believe we were not given any compensation for what happened,so, we quietly paid the bill and walked out disgusted,vowing never to go back. if this is how waiters are trained to deal with such incidents I am appalled. Customer care is clearly not a consideration and they have lost not only us as customers but many friends whom we have met there and also live locally. It has left us feeling very let down and disappointed. Despite calling the restaurant the following evening and speaking to the manager/owner,who, knew nothoing about the incident, and, reassured me he would look into it and get back to me,10 days later I have heard nothing!!!!!

1  Thank TizerHerts
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Me and my family went here for my 30th the service was tremendous it was a saturday night they were busy but service remained 5* throughout the night! And the was just mouth watering hats off to the chef well presented as well as delicious. Without doubt one of the top indians in town

1  Thank Davidcru
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Great menu, great service, its our favourite curry house!

2  Thank Looba1
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Dined at Cafe masala with my wife. Menu choice was very good and the maitre de was even happy to recommend dishes 'off menu' depending on your taste.
I asked about a starter that wasn't on the menu and they were happy to oblige.
The food, both starter and main course, was excellent and the service was prompt. The bill for the evening was just over £50 including beers, wine and coffee so good value for money. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes good indian food.

2  Thank Hertsowl