“Poor service ”

Coach and Horses
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I have been here twice now. The first occasion was for Sunday lunch, and the second occasion was with my parents for a Saturday evening meal.

For Sunday lunch the food itself was very nice. However the service was terrible. Very slow to take our order, and even slower to bring the food to the table. The staff appear very young and inexperienced.
When we received the bill, we were charged for 2 orange and lemonades that we never received. We had to ask twice for these drinks. We were also charged for a coffee that again we never received. The staff took these items off the bill but there was no apology for over charging.

We came back, and believed that maybe the poor service was a one off. However, poor service seemed to repeat itself. Our drinks order was taken straight away, however we did not receive the drinks for nearly 20 mins. Our food order was taken and we received the starters quite quickly. The staff then Didn’t clear our table for 30 mins, and they only cleared it when my father asked them to clear it.
We then waited another 15 mins for our main courses. The food was ok, nothing very special. The staff then eventually came with a drinks order.
The staff seemed very disorganised, and there was a lack of attention to our table. After spending over £100, we expected a better service.

We will not be returning to this restaurant after 2 bad experiences.

Date of visit: September 2019
Coach H, Trainee Assistant Manager at Coach and Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Valued Customer

I am so sorry to hear that we have disappointed you again. We do take on board every comment that is made to us and we try to improve where we can.

I can only apologize for your disappointing visit with us, but I would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back again, so that you can see that we do take every comment personally, therefore please can I ask you to call me on 01279 710991 so that I can offer my apologies in person and try to entice you back.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Emma

Write a reviewReviews (718)

Reviewed September 11, 2019

My family and I booked for Sunday lunch and wow, they were glorious! The beef was cooked to perfection, in fact everything on the plate was. Our waitress was friendly and quick and the pub had a great feel. 10/10

1  Thank BaylissT1

Dear Valued Customer

Many thanks for such a lovely review and a much appreciated 5* award. Your comments are so well received by the whole team, it really does make a difference to us.

So thank you once again and we hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

As always a very pleasant Sunday lunch with friends. What's wrong with having pasta, it was fabulous and a nice change.
This is a large pub but because of the layout with a number of little sections it retains a cosy country feel.

1  Thank b5elfaro

Dear Valued Customer

Many thanks for firstly choosing us to dine at and secondly for such a lovely review and for taking the time to do this.

Such feedback always boosts the team morale and mine as well, so I deeply thank you for your comments and we hope that you will dine with us again soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

We called in for a roast dinner. We ordered one chicken and one beef. The huge yorkie was superb, a beautiful texture and with some gravy inside, so very tasty. The vegetables were plentiful and tasty especially the cauliflower with sauce. The gravy was also simply superb and just the right quantity so negating the need to ask for extra. In short, one of, if not, the tastiest Sunday roast I/we have had. We have dined at this pub/eatery many times and always been well pleased. The top quality of the food is consistent. On this occasion, it has simply surpassed expectations. We look forward very much to our next visit.

1  Thank 692kena

Dear Ken

WOW, what a lovely review. We are over the moon thanks to your kind words. Thank you so, so much.

We really appreciate the feedback as well as the amazing 5*'s, it really does mean a lot to us. So thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon.

Give a big kiss to your wonderful wife Annette from all of us.

Kindest regards

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

This is my local pub, but I haven’t eaten/visited here for a number of years. Now I know why.

Midweek dinner, group of friends. We ordered our food and after 25 minutes the waitress came back and told us two of the dishes were unavailable. This happened twice more. One of the items that was unavailable was a salad because they’d run out of tomatoes. I know the weather was hot and they’d probably had a ‘run’ on salads, but there is a large supermarket about a mile away, surely someone could have nipped up there and stocked up. Because of the continual rounds of the waitress coming back to tell us what wasn’t available, it took about an hour and fifteen minutes to get our food.

The food was only ok. Tables were sticky. My glass was dirty. Additionally the waitress kept plonking herself down at our table to chat. Friendly? No. Unprofessional.

I won’t be returning.