“Just what bishops stortford needs”
Review of Coach and Horses

Coach and Horses
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Hi guys just wanting to let you all know we (6) had a fantastic meal and service on sunday, the pub was packed and we went later in the day to advoid all the rush but they must be busy all the time. service was good and the food was tasty and pipping hot, thanks to all the staff who made our visit enjoyable and my other half said the veggie meal was tasty too which she said she finds hard when eating out. Oh yeah and my son said thankyou for giveing him the advise on what he can eat (nut allergy) .
And im glad you had spaces left for mothers day see you then if not before. xx thanks again to all.

1  Thank trebor0107
There are newer reviews for Coach and Horses

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Having eaten at The Coach and Horses only lunch times mid week since Dave & Natalie took over last year we decided to try a meal on a busy Saturday lunch time and i must say that they and their staff managed very well.
What was even more impressive was that they had a large group of people celebrating a birthday, coupled with an almost full pub of other diners and yet the service and standard of food was just as good as when they are quieter.
We both started with the thick minted pea soup and then my wife had the cajun chicken burger, chips and salad whilst i had the beef and ale pie with mashed potatoes, carrots and mange tout (as i'm not a fan of brassicas) and all of which were superb.
Whilst eating we were asked several times if everything was alright and whether we needed anything else despite the managers and staff being very busy.
All of the above went down so well with a lovely bottle of house red wine and we were so full that we didn't have our tea until much later that evening.
This really is the best pub restaurant in Bishop's Stortford and would recommend it to anyone for great fresh cooked food.

1  Thank waller50
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We're a Roast on Sunday family but sometimes I just can't be bothered to cook it myself. The Coach and Horses provides you with home cooked style roast without the bother. When I say Home Cooked Style, that is exactly what it is. Home made Yorkshire Pudds, Cauliflour cheese, Roaties and proper roast meats. Not the cheaper pre-sliced options that some places serve up. Also the Coach & Horses do lots of other themed events well is good, Pie weeks, Mothers day, pancake day menus. Staff are attentive and we've always been asked if everything is to order but what we presume are the owners/managers which is a nice touch.

1  Thank Stepb4U
Reviewed January 9, 2013

All the staff were very welcoming and food was delicious. It wasn't overly busy but we were made a fuss of by the staff which made us feel even more welcome. The food choices on the main menu is limited but they offer a wide range of specials that my friends and myself chose from. The Coach and horses is by far the best pub restaurant to go to in bishops stortford. We shall defiantly be going back

1  Thank Joan B
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was working in Bishops Stortford today and had lunch here with some colleagues and really enjoyed the meal. We all ordered different dishes from the menu and none of us were disappointed. There portions are a good size, served piping hot and presented really well. The food offers good value for money and the staff were friendly, polite and helpful.

I personally chose the gammon steak as a main and was it was cooked to perfection, very tasty, juicy and succulent. For dessert, I ordered lemon meringue pie, served with raspberry coulis, which was also delicious.

I will go back to sample other items on the menu when I am next in the local area.

2  Thank chunkie