“Fantastic”

Coach and Horses
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

All the staff were very welcoming and food was delicious. It wasn't overly busy but we were made a fuss of by the staff which made us feel even more welcome. The food choices on the main menu is limited but they offer a wide range of specials that my friends and myself chose from. The Coach and horses is by far the best pub restaurant to go to in bishops stortford. We shall defiantly be going back

1  Thank Joan B

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was working in Bishops Stortford today and had lunch here with some colleagues and really enjoyed the meal. We all ordered different dishes from the menu and none of us were disappointed. There portions are a good size, served piping hot and presented really well. The food offers good value for money and the staff were friendly, polite and helpful.

I personally chose the gammon steak as a main and was it was cooked to perfection, very tasty, juicy and succulent. For dessert, I ordered lemon meringue pie, served with raspberry coulis, which was also delicious.

I will go back to sample other items on the menu when I am next in the local area.

2  Thank chunkie
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've not had a bad meal here. Service is good and they are family friendly. When friends and family come from out of town we often come here.

1  Thank Gogotraveling
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We returned here for Sunday Lunch after a break of several months. Unfortunately the experience food wise was not good. Three small half potatoes and a small dish of raw vegetables were all we were given with out meat and Yorkshire puddings. The vegetables were so raw that the knives would not cut through them, even the cauliflower cheese.

A couple sitting near us sent their vegetables back for more cooking but still did not eat them once they were returned.

The pub in itself is good as was the service, if anything they were over attentive despite being quite full. My only criticism on this was the noise, but it was Sunday Lunchtime and several children were in there.

I have read Merrile's review and cannot believe the difference in our experiences as we definitely did not get 'lots of fresh vegetables and roast potatoes'.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is our second Monday lunch time visit recently since the new owners Dave & Natalie have taken over and wow what quality food is now being served since their arrival. Previously we were frustrated at such a lovely pub in such a prime location serving such drab food, but not anymore.
It's the little things that count like finding a table and ordering your drinks and food at you table. The service was fast and friendly. The menu caters for all tastes and we started with their soup of the day, a spicy tomato soup which was superb. Then my wife had the liver & bacon with mustard potatoes and onion gravy and i had the butterflied chicken spiced with cajun, chips and vegetables (instead of the salad which was on the menu). The liver & bacon was cooked to perfection. The chicken was so juicy, tender and tasty that it almost fell apart. It was good to see that they could vary the menu to cater for slightly different tastes.
The new owners Dave & Natalie have really turned around the service and food in this pub and finally it'll be great to have a local pub to turn to every now and then for a treat out with such good food at a reasonable price.

1  Thank waller50