“Staff ok, food dreadful”

Zizzi - Bishops Stortford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.If you venture out on to the top of the High Street you’ll find our Zizzi Bishops Stortford situation in the historic market square. Featuring illustrations inspired by the market town, this restaurant is cosy, quaint and stunning. Close to all the shops, its location couldn't be more convenient for a quick bite to eat or a romantic dinner in the evening.Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

One of the worst chains (and there really isn't a good one!). I had the Zizzi antipasti which was average followed by the fish stew which had been baked to death. Completely tasteless and very poor value for money - avoid !

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Friday night as group of four. Service friendly and revamped decor appealing. Great atmosphere on ground floor Upstairs dead (put in a cut through gallery?). Ladies loo had busted lock. Menu limited and drinks expensive.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have visited the Zizzi in Bishops Stortford a few times in the past and it has always been a great experience, the food is lovely, the staff friendly and efficient. I have recommended this restaurant to our friends and the online booking facility makes it so easy to find a time slot to suit your needs

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I decided to go here with a friend without booking. We managed to walk in and get a table straight away. Service was very attentive but at times felt like the waitresses are too 'in your face' asking every minute 'are you ready to order?' Which slightly made me feel like they wanted you in and out as quick as possible. The food order came through extremely quick and tasted lovely. I would go back here especially as I can use a tastecard and use vouchers. Only down side is how close all the tables are to each other. I felt like everyone could listen into your conversations and vice versa.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have liked Zizzi restaurants everywhere else, other towns but the one in Stortford has been a huge disappointment.
Visited with my family on Saturday for the first time...
We had to wait half hour for just a drinks order to be taken. Wine was delivered warm. Waitress was rude and seemed like definitely is not happy being there (should find another job then!). Food arrived after 40 mins and was luke warm... Not to mention, even when we asked for the bill, it never arrived and in the end we had to go look for waitress to get it.
Overall unbelievable experience. Will not be going back.