“If only I were still there...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Portscatho
Pollaughan Holiday Cottages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Portscatho
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My family had an absolutely wonderful stay at Pollaughan farms. Even though the weather didn't cooperate for our trip, the farm was still beautiful and relaxing. The two toddlers on our trip absolutely loved feeding the animals every morning (so did I!) and are still talking about Farmer Tim. Though I usually find myself homesick at the end of a long vacation, I actually found myself feeling a little heartbroken have to leave Pollaughan and go home! I loved being greeted by sheep bleating and chickens clucking, and watching out for the little ducklings that wandered about freely outside our cottage.

Our group took up 3 of the cottages (Willows, Meadows, and Fallow) and each house looked just as pictured on their website. Plus, the cottages were stocked with tons of children's toys and books and little potties for our currently potty training tikes. I had brought books and toys with me, but I didn't even take them out of the suitcase.

It is difficult to find child-friendly accommodations especially for such a large group as ours (16 in total!) and we considered ourselves extremely lucky to find such a gem at such a great price. I would absolutely stay here again, though unfortunately because it is such a long journey from the US, this might not be any time soon. Sigh.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank askmonkey

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We had the most fabulous holiday here, could not fault it. The cottage was perfect for both adults and children, we had all the equipment and toys we needed for the two babies and little girl in our party and Tim and Valerie were so helpful throughout our stay. The finishing touches when we arrived were lovely and thoughtful, plus the cottage was spotless and the bed was so comfortable we considered taking it home with us! I loved the green ethos of the Farm, made easy with separate bins concealed in the kitchen, the provision of eco friendly detergents and a recycling area on site. Everything was extremely well thought out, the children being catered for with the animal feeding and the safe garden to play in, where as the adults get the benefit of the lovely kitchen and living space to relax in. The Roseland is a beautiful part of the world and we loved exploring the local beaches. We felt as if it was a home from home and can highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanne H
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Just had our 7th - or is it 8th - trip to Pollaughan and realised that we had never shared our experiences. We are lucky enough to be extremely well travelled - both for business reasons and by having family based in many continents - but there is something very special that brings us back here time and time again. As others have said there is the quality & comfort of the accommodation, the location and the eco-credentials. But more than that, it's the ideal balance of attention to detail, the little personal touches, noticing what is important to you plus a remarkable ability to leave you to your own devices in just the right way that make Tim, Valerie and Lowenna the most charming of hosts. (not to mention Mungo, Dottie and other friendly animals)
Our two children have grown up with Pollaughan: This is a great - and safe - location for children to wander, potter, play and explore - for our city centre kids to be out of sight somewhere in a field, on a trampoline or on the tennis court is a core part of this holiday. Each visit brings something new - often on a recommendation from Tim and Valerie - and the opportunity to repeat our favourites.
This last trip was made even more enjoyable by the Jubilee garden party complete with our own flotilla on the duck pond (bring your own boat made from recycled materials!)
Comfort, community and constant attention to detail make this a top recommendation

Room Tip: All 3 barns are lovely and have their own charms
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EdwardsInc
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We cannot recommend Pollaughan Farm enough. The barns are beautifully decorated, well equipped and extremely comfortable, especially the beds. We have been staying here at least once a year for several years now and always have a fantastic time. The only difference on the last two visits is that we took our baby daughter. The first time she was just 2 months old. This time she was almost 7 months. Valerie and Tim always provide lots of baby equipment so you don't have to use up valuable space in your car. This time there was a cot, a three wheeler buggy, a highchair, changing mat, baby bath, reclining chair AND lots of toys. They really think of everything.
It's those little touches that make this place so special. Another great thing if you have small kids is the morning animal feed run. Farmer Tim feeds the ducks, chickens and goats every morning and your little ones can help. Even though our daughter is too small we still went along as she loved watching. And we were lucky enough to see two lambs that had been born just 3 hours earlier.
Valerie and Tim are very welcoming and the farm is situated in one of the most beautiful parts of Cornwall with so much to do nearby from gardens to beaches. The barn we stayed in also has a lovely garden which is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the splendid view.
We had a fantastic week with sunshine every day. We'll definately be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mopster99
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My fiancée and I have just had a thoroughly enjoyable 1 week break at this wonderful place. What a find! From the off, I felt this was going to be a very special holiday and I was not disappointed as the stay progressed. Tim and Valerie were extremely welcoming and accommodating and it's clear they are doing something very right. The set up was just gorgeous - everything that previous reviewers have commented on is true. It really is an up-lifting experience to wake up in such beautiful surroundings and to feel so alive. An added plus was that we were able to take our little dog (a miniature schnauzer) which made all the difference. All the more so because dogs are allowed onto the local beaches during low season (until Easter). The location of the farm is perfect as a launch pad into the immediate vicinity and further afield. Cornwall really has something for everyone - a county that must be one of the most idyllic in England. It's obviously a long drive from London but so worth the effort. We were without children but I cannot imagine a better place to come as a family (+/- pet/s). It appeared to me that there are several other B&Bs and farm-based accommodations in the area but I did not feel the need or desire to check them out. When you hit upon something so good, there's just no point really. I would definitely return - with or without children. My one and only gripe and I feel almost blasphemous in saying this, is that I found the bed in Meadows rather too soft and insufficiently supportive for my back. I do suffer with intermittent back pain and I need a really firm mattress. Unfortunately, I did wake up on occasions with a rather sore aching back as a result. However, this soon passed as we started our daily activity of coastal path walking etc. So just one tip: perhaps it's time to replace the mattress and/or entire bed in Meadows. I can't speak for the other cottages obviously. As I say, a minor gripe and this did not detract from the overall fantastic experience we had, in no small part due to Tim and Valerie's special brand of local Cornish magic. They truly deserve their success. The proof of the pudding is that my Finnish fiancée (currently living in Helsinki) now officially loves Cornwall and wants to move/live there! PS: I've deliberately left an Impossipuzzle in Meadows. Have a go. I did it in about 1.5 hours.... :-)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Capri_lover2010
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed at Pollaughan for a long weekend and were delighted. We have stayed in many holiday cottages and Pollaughan stands out for many reasons: the quality of the accommodation, furnishings, beds, bathrooms but above all for the warm welcome (and I don't just mean the home-made cream tea on arrival!) We felt we had superior customer service to friends who stayed in expensive hotels in the area..I would recommend to anyone, families and couples, with or without children.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JVBNorthamptonshire
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Pollaughan farm is THE BEST cottage we have ever stayed in. Tim and Valerie have got it very right.
Please do book here if you would like a holiday that will live with you for ever.

Room Tip: There all good
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portscatho
Driftwood Hotel
#1 of 9 in St Austell
The Alverton
The Alverton
#1 of 4 in Truro

Been to Pollaughan Holiday Cottages? Share your experiences!