OK, a very good hotel. Friendly and accommodating staff, great food at the bar, quick check in, they waived the wireless fee, the place is beautiful, and they have a good shuttle service, which I used. No parking fees. But it is one of the stranger hotels I have visited in many years of travel:
- the bathroom was not only incredibly small, but had a huge set of shelves in the middle, making it very difficult to climb in and out of the tub
- the room itself did not have drawers for clothing (I was there several days) but recessed shelves which required a flashlight to use
- chairs in public areas were for five year olds; so close to the ground that a fairly tall person like me could not use them
- bar chairs were so low one's chin virtually rested on the bar (later I learned there were bar stools at another part of the bar)
My other quibble is that it took almost two days for the air conditioner to purge the room of humidity. I could find no adjustments. Hmmm. And, it sure would have been nice to have an indoor pool. The outdoor one was closed for the rest of the year
I did enjoy my stay, but I do think someone was drunk in the design phase.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Westin Governor Morris, Morristown. Our modern yet sophisticated "four-plus" star Morristown hotel offers spacious guest rooms & suites, with state-of-the-art amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown Hotel Morristown
- Westin Governor Morris Morristown
- Westin Morristown
- Morristown Westin