“A Pleasant Stay”

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for a nearby wedding we were attending. We found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. The room was great for a one or two night stay with a comfortable bed and sufficient storage space. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that needed to stay in this area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here and this visit was excellent. I really like this hotel. The reception staff were efficient and I was soon in my room. The room was big with a fantastic bed. I love the fact you can go for their "Green choice" which entails declining room cleaning for 500 star points. I went for this for the whole 4 night stay since it's very convenient and you can call for extra coffee which is brought quickly.

I also love the fact that wifi is free!!

I was there for a company conference and the food was excellent and varied.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were very pleased with this hotel. It was beautiful, the rooms were clean & the beds extremely comfortable. The amenities were lovely and different. The complimentary breakfast was much more than coffee & danishes; in addition to that, there were juices, cereal, fruit, waffles & more. They also provided coffee cups to take with you, and also had complimentary coffee all day long in the lobby,along with the newspaper. All in all, I would give this hotel an A Plus! If i'm ever in the area again, I would definitely stay there!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrs celia a r
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Although this hotel is quite old, a recent renovation makes it feel fresh and beautiful. The lobby is quite elegant, although during our stay there was a large party having an event there so we didn't spend much time there. Rooms are not large but are well appointed with extremely comfortable beds. There is just enough sparkle to make it feel like a local hotel rather than a generic chain.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Dlback,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris hotel on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to know you enjoyed your accomodations with your room with the well-known Westin Heavenly bed. We hope to see you again during your next stay in Morristown, NJ.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for a wedding. The staff is very professional and friendly, our room was very comfortable, LOVE that 'heavenly bed'! This is a very pretty place to visit, the town is beautiful and has lots to do. The hotel is easy to get to, in a quiet area, close to amenities.

Room Tip: We faced the front of the building, I thought that might be noisy but it wasn't. Choose a room f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Smaartone,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure reading your positive feeback about the hotel and the staff. I am glad yoy enjoyed the Westin Heavenly Bed. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed at the Governor Morris Inn last Friday night--everything was superb as was the food in the Blue Morel restaurant. Weekend price was very reasonable, too. It was right off highway 287 which made it easy access to continue our weekend travels, too.

Room Tip: Frankly I didn't look for Kids activities or the spa but this internet form won't let me sub...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear KathLor1927,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris hotel on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant, the Blue Morel. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Morristown, NJ.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

This hotel has been around for a while - a long while - but clearly renovation after renovation they have kept the building in decent shape. The desk staff was brilliant - one young many from Hungary at check in - reconized SPG status immediately and was pleasant yet not intrusive. Later desk staff went out of their way with numerous phone calls to find a restaurant I was looking for in town. Shuttle was made available and the driver was super. He managed to be humorous, pleasant and humble in one trip into town - tried to refuse a tip but we insisted. Nice. Room was clean (almost - signs of hair --- get one of those sticky things and do a last minute back out of the rooms sweep - but we ae all primates - so hair will occasionally stray). Complimentary water in room - nice. Restaurant staff was so-so - BAR great - but restaurant in general rather "automaton". No name tags on staff in restaurant - get them. Asked for limes for the room - PM person rather grupy to provide -- Starbucks staff in AM VERY friendly and pleasant. Location good. I noticed a review recently about oversold...if you did not get a reminder of your travel in 4 months - there is a red flag that you should call the hotel --- I travel a great deal and reminders come in electronically days before travel...occasionally we are all at technology trumped - trust but verify. Will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
5 mi away
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
#6 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!