“Stellar Service”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
New Jersey
“Stellar Service”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I spent 2 nights at the Westin Governor Morris for a business conference. The first very pleasant surprise was the size of my room. I booked a standard room and got a very nice large room with a sitting area. The bathroom door was off the track and I told the front desk. It was fixed immediately. They could not be nicer.

The room was spotless and each day it was serviced the housekeeping staff did a lovely job.

The food and beverage service for the conference was excellent. It is generally hard for many hotels to provide high quality food and beverage for a large conference but not for the Westin. Everything was fresh, interesting choices and tasty.

The service at meals was excellent and they accommodated special requests.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for either business or pleasure. This is the second time I have stayed there for a business meeting and both times were wonderful.

Stay here. You will be very happy and sleep very well!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear MuseNJ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the conference. We are glad you enjoyed the spacious room and the food at the meeting. We are delighted that we were able to fix the bathroom door in a timely manner. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Colin Ankersen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I just celebrated our 40th Anniversary with an overnight stay at the Westin Governor Morris last night and I have to say it was an extraordinary experience, largely due to their outstanding staff and in particular Dianne Coogen. Dianne personally ensured that our stay was "special" and for that we can't thank her and the entire staff at the Governor Morris enough. Everyone we interacted with at the Governor Morris was professional, friendly, enthusiastic and caring. What else could someone want for an overnight (or extended) stay? I've traveled enough on business to immediately sense the "pulse" of the staff and for sure this team really has it together. In addition, our room and the entire facility was perfect.Thanks to everyone at the Governor Morris for making our anniversary night truly memorable.

Joe M.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Joe M.,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and Happy Anniversary to you and your wife. Thank you for also acknowledging one of our hardworking employees, Diane Coogen. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Westin Governor Morris is an absolutely outstanding and hotel. We stayed there for a week in August for our son’s wedding (held at a nearby venue) and arranged the block of rooms for our wedding guests at the hotel. The rooms and lobby are all very modern and beautifully done. I can’t praise highly enough the incredible service we received while organising the wedding block from Christina and the Westin Staff. It was always a pleasure to work with Christina and she made arranging everything completely stress-free – she is very detailed orientated and was on top of everything and very quick to respond to any query. We had about 30 rooms in our block and organized a pre-wedding lunch at the hotel. Our guests loved the hotel and its warm and friendly service and the lunch in their State Ballroom, organized by Tina, was amazing. We booked our event shuttles through the hotel and the service was flawless. Every request however small or big was dealt with a smile and the staff went out of their way to accommodate us. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone whether for a stay or a wedding.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Yasmin A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvior. We are delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for also pointing out one of our hard working Sales Manager, Christina. We are pleased to hear all the positive feedback about your stay. We hope to see you again a the Westin Governor Morris during your next stay in Morristown, NJ.

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We used the Westin Governor Morris in Morristown, NJ for our hotel block for our wedding over Labor Day weekend 2013. The brunch was great, the hotel staff was great, the Presidential Suite was great, and everyone had a great time. The hotel also surprised us with a wedding gift of champagne with glasses to keep and chocolate covered strawberries. We would recommend this hotel for this purpose to anyone getting married in the area.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jordan E.,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on Westin.com. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel, the distinguished Presidential Suite, and our Sunday Brunch in the Blue Morel. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Morristown, NJ.

New Jersey
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night with my two dogs. I am always amazed that Westin's allow dogs given how lovely their hotels are. The staff seem very used to dealing with dogs and helped me unload the car and check-in very quickly so I could get the dogs to my room and settled. I was given a room with a queen bed, very comfortable, with all amenities. I was very impressed with the bathroom, rather spa-like. As a woman travelling alone I was a little apprehensive about going down to the bar-area but it was fine, the bar/restaurant is upscale and pleasant. I used the gym, small but had everything I needed. Coffee and newspapers are in the lobby. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout my stay. I had no issues at all. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Magnus-Maximus,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on TripAdvisor. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel, the Blue Morel restaurant, our guestrooms, and out newly renovated the Westin Governor Morris Workout facility. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

My high school reunion
Was at this hotel in 1976

I do want this bad hotel experience with staff to tarnish my memories

Want general manager now back from vacation to make this right

I want to take pictures of hotel with him for Facebook and post that I had a Great Time
And all good things to my high school friends
Many still in area

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Njtrvl,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on TripAdvisor. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss your recent stay with us. I can be reached at 973- 539-7300. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Columbia, MD
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here for one night for a local wedding. When we arrived there was a huge line to check in with bridesmaids running around. I was presently surprised to be approached while in line by a managern who took my name and credit card and then brought back our keys in a few minutes. The room was clean and nicely decorated and then bathroom was nice but small. The only downside was that our room was near the elevator and the noise came right under the door as if we were sitting in the hall. If you can get away from the elevator I would stay here again when in the area. We did not eat at the hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Vacationisfun_8,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize about the noise you heard from the elevator. Please let us know if you ever return to the hotel we will be happy to ensure your room is away from any noise. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Colin Ankersen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston
Hanover Marriott
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!