“Second stay - very comfortable”

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
“Second stay - very comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a very spacious room. Room was clean and ready on check in. The staff was kind. Very busy weekend when I was there (four weddings and a bar mitzvah) and the staff handled it well. Abundant parking. Restaurant over priced. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear YBtravel,

We have read your review and are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Westin Governor Morris. We are please to know you enjoyed your room accommodations and the hotel amenities. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Colin Ankersen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I expected a lot from a Westin hotel but were disappointed. After checking in we felt hot and noticed that the room temperature was high and the air conditioner controls seemed to have no effect.The hallway was very hot. We complained and were given a different room. We were not the only ones to switch rooms for the same problem, as we found out afterwards. Our new room was better but the a/c controls did not seem to work properly and the temperature stayed at 75 most of the time. We did not want to move again so we put up with this.

The worst part of the stay however was the rudeness of the staff Friday evening. I was shocked when one of them made a nasty comment to my wife and then said "we are not here to serve you" - kind of ironic for a 4 star hotel in the hospitality business. My wife and I travel quite a bit and have never encountered such hostility. I must say that the rest of the staff were much friendlier and helpful during the rest of our stay.

Room Tip: Avoid the 6th floor on hot days. It is right under the roof and the a/c in the building seems faulty...
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nissan47,

We apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay with us. It was a very hot weekend and we are happy that we finally got another room to move you to while we repaired the A/C unit in the original room. We hope that you will enjoy our good will that we extended to you that has the value of one free night for your inconvenience. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Being on a long term work assignment for 6+ months, I'll be staying at this property every week this month and most weeks the rest of the year. My first week here, I was given a regular room. Small room, desk electricity outlet didn't work, and the room was on the dark side. Last week, Chris upgraded me to a "deluxe king", which is a great corner room with lots of windows, lots of outlets, and lots of space. I thanked Chris for the nice upgrade later in the week, and I asked him if I could have the room again this week. When I checked in a few minutes ago, he warmly welcomed me back and told me that my preferred room was available and promptly checked me in. I'm just another platinum SPG guest, but the extra touches make business travel more enjoyable. Spending 150+ nights on the road each year, its nice having a routine. Friendly folks at the check-in desk and an upgraded room are two of life's simple pleasures. Thanks Chris for the excellent service! As for hotel amenities, nice updated fitness center that was never too busy. Excellent restaurant. Lots of free parking. Heavenly Bed.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgraded room as the regular rooms feel more like a dorm room, mainly because its an o...
Dear SPG-BA,

Thank you for your review and your loyalty to the Westin Governor Morris. We are pleased to hear that your last stay with us was wonderful. It was nice to hear all the positive comments about the hotel and comments about out staff members, in particular Chris. We look forward to your next arrival.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel has issues with their ac. It was really hot in the room - there were a lot of ppl complaining about this issue. The hotel staff moved us to another room. However there was already someone else in that room. This is very unprofessional.

They treated us like we were the ones with the issue and spoke to us with tremendous disrespect. When we told them that they were treating us with disrespect, they told us to file a police report ( Joseph the manager - really tactless).

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Travelerfrogger
Dear Travelerfrogger,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I do apologize about the inconveniences you received during your last stay with us. I would like for you to contact me directly so we could have to opportunity to make it right. Please feel free to reach out to me by calling the hotel directly (973) 539- 7300 or e-mail at cankersen@westinmorristown.com. We hope to see you again in the future.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stay pretty regularly at the Westin Governor Morris -- 21 nights in 2012! I think it is a great hotel. The location is excellent, near the key corporate centers on the Route 287 corridor. It is an historic building which has been nicely renovated, so you don’t feel like you are staying in a sterile, chain hotel. And of course it has the usual nice Westin features i.e. heavenly bed, double showers, etc. And, there is a coffee bar near the lobby which serves Starbucks. The staff is well trained and very friendly and helpful.

However, what really sets it apart for me is the in-house restaurant – the Blue Morel – which is an outstanding restaurant with locally-sourced ingredients and an imaginative menu. I think it is one of the best restaurants in the entire area -- it is unusual (to say the least) to have such a high quality venue right in the hotel. It has a great atmosphere, and there is a quiet section for more formal dining and also a very light and bright bar area where you can get the same menu.

Most recently the hotel significantly upgraded the exercise facility, which has a new room and new equipment -- very comfortable.

Highly recommended!

Dear Rooster1234,

Thank you for your review and your loyalty to the Westin Governor Morris. It was wonderful to hear all your positive feedback in regards to the hotel renovations, amenity, Westin Workout facility, and our Blue Morel restaurant. We look forward to your next arrival.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Recently stayed at the Governor Morris on business travel.

I've stayed at other SPG properties in the surrounding area as I do business in Basking Ridge and Piscataway, and this is hands-down the nicest hotel I've stayed at.

The facility itself is very nicely appointed, very clean, with new/modern rooms and common areas. Am SPG Gold and was upgraded to a mini suite, which was very nice and spacious - "living room" area with two couches and an armchair, walk in closet, and a separate desk/office area. Bathroom was nice sized and well laid out. Bed was the usual Heavenly Bed and was great. I'll admit I don't get the double-showerhead "heavenly shower," but it had it for whatever that's worth.

Hotel restaurant is well managed and food is quite good. Its definitely not cheap, but the quality and service are outstanding.

Upon checkin, one of my colleagues was crossing the border to his "Gold status" stay, and the clerk was nice enough to notice, congratulate him, and hook him up with a congratulatory cocktail, which I thought was a nice touch.

All in all, the best choice in this part of Jersey, at least that I've come across.

Dear MrHao,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood brand as well as the Westin Governor Morris. It was a delight to read all your positive comments. We hope you enjoyed your upgraded room. We look forward to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The list of good things seem to generally outweigh the minor annoyances.

Good: friendly staff, quiet neighborhood, proximity to a lot of corporate campuses that is convenient for most business travelers. The rooms are modern and recently renovated.

Not so great: lack of a club room found in most Sheratons and Westins, which could be an annoyance to some business travelers. No real options for food in walking distance. (Not really the hotels fault or concern) and i have a general personal annoyance to hotels without electrical outlets hear the bed. Here the outlets are behind the headboard which makes having a cell phone charging near you with a working alarm a bit of an annoyance. One suggestion for the hotel is to get lamps with a plug port in it for the next renovations

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston
Hanover Marriott
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!