“Nice Hotel... Amazing Staff!!”

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on July 3rd and 4th for my wife's birthday and our Anniversary. The staff was amazing, they surprised us with champagne and strawberries, and made our stay really enjoyable. Brandon and Andrea at the front desk were very eager and willing to make our stay memorable. The pool was very nice and relaxing, but it didnt have the day bed in the pictures. We got upgraded to the suite which was very nice and big, it didnt have a kitchen area though and the bathroom was falling apart a little. The shower head was loose and the double head was kinda of pointless. The heavenly bed though was truly heavenly!

All in all it was a wonderful stay with a great staff and quite atmosphere, i would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We'd never stayed here before but found it through Starwood's website, as a hotel on our way. It is a very well-kept property, nice lobby and restaurant. The room was bigger than we expected, nicely furnished and clean. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful- everyone, from the minute we got there, seemed to go out of their way to be nice. We will certainly stay there again on our next stop through New Jersey.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights for a wedding weekend. I think there were at least 4 wedding groups staying at the hotel, so the place was hoppin'. The staff we encountered were helpful and polite, but there were some areas (the breakfast bar in the lobby, for example) that were only sporadically staffed. The disappointment came with the cleanliness of the rooms. I had the opportunity to be in several rooms over the 5 days, and noticed that the bathroom floors weren't clean in any of them (I noticed this at check-in in our room). I was in one of the rooms when the maid was there, and she didn't clean the glass countertops on the dresser and desk. Not a travesty, but I was surprised by it.

I filled out the questionnaire that was emailed to me after check-out, telling them the things I've just mentioned. I received a quick reply from Management, who apologized and responded as one would hope Westin Management would respond. My husband had occasion to speak to the Manager on the phone, and she was again apologetic and thankful for my comments, as they would help their hotel to improve.

The cleanliness issue has never been our experience at a Westin before, but because of the Manager's excellent response and customer service, we would give the Governor Morris another chance if we were in the area again.

The group rate was very good. I can't speak to the value of the regular room rates.

Room Tip: Since this is a restored, old hotel, many of the rooms are small. The suites are a nice size, though...
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stay at this hotel whenever I fly out of Morristown airport. The staff are always very professional and welcoming. Rooms are large and well appointed. Although I usually eat in NYC before heading to the hotel, the Blue Morel restaurant is really great and worth a visit. Likewise, the breakfast buffet is usually very good. It is a real pleasure to stay here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My family and I stayed here when we came to Jersey for a wedding. We absolutely loved this hotel. Not only were the rooms perfectly cleaned, the maid staff was always helpful if an accident accrued or if you just needed more towels. The restaurant was amazing. I would completely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Check-in area is very calm, nice ambiance and Jerry who assisted me is very friendly and stress person "thumbs up with you Jerry! Room is very comfy, clean and relaxing. Room service is fast and food is great. The restaurant is excellent and the bar is very interesting. Will definitely come back just to escape the city!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The restaurant was excellent and the bar scene fun. The hotel was also beautiful and the whole staff made it a wonderful weekend escape from NYC! It is also just a five minute ride from the train station to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#2 of 6 in Whippany
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!