“I stay at Westins for the beds!!”

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
New York City, New York
“I stay at Westins for the beds!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Love this hotel. Bar is great, rooms are nice and the staff is awesome. Everyone is very accommodating. Only issue this trip was a small amount of trash was left in the waste basket in my room from the previous guest. The rest of the room looked clean, so I'm forgiving. Will certainly stay here again. It's the closest Westin in north jersey and I love the beds.

• Stayed April 2013
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Jig454nyu,

Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure reading the positive comments on our hotel, staff, heavenly beds and the Wine Bar in the Blue Morel Restaurant. Please accept my apology for the cleanliness of your room with the trash left in the waste basket. I will follow up with our Director of Housekeeping. We hope you would continue to come back and visit us again. Thank you for your loyalty and feedback.

Colin Ankersen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
new jersey
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here over December for a wedding. Great service. Room size was good, updated bathroom. Bathroom a bit small, but has the basics. Flat screen TV, IPOD docking station.

Location a little out of the way - you can't walk anywhere to go to a coffee shop, restaurant or bar. But the hotel has a good restaurant in the lobby - but it's your only option without a car.

Overall, good option, but need a car.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lc1113,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience in our hotel. i do apologize about the inconvenience of not being able to enjoy what Morristown has to offer. We do offer a complimentary shuttle within 5 miles of the hotel that includes shops, restaurant and historical sites. We hope that you would come and visit us again in the near future. Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

West Hartford, CT
Reviewed March 30, 2013

As a veteran traveler and already a fan of Starwood properties I have come to respect quality service. That's why I like Westin Hotels because I can expect quality rooms and service. My recent stay at this Westin in NJ exceeded my expectations in many ways but the front desk staff impressed me the most. I will go out of my way to stay here again and often.

Room Tip: The pool is on the third floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mike A,

Thank you for your kind comments and for your loyalty to our brand. Your positive comments on our staff members, the quality of service, and the hotel are the very reasons why we are in this business. We thrive on positive comments and exceeding our customers expectations.

We look forward to having you back with us soon again.

Be Well,
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We arrived for my cousins wedding and I asked if everyone in the party was on the same floor I was told yes. Everyone was separated and the elevators are extremely slow for a six floor building. After the wedding we were told the bar was goin to be open for us until 2. They called last call 10 to 1 and kicks us out at 120 when we were told it was till 2. A terrible experience and definitely will not book again

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Imtgetch4u,

Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback on our hotel facilities and rooms. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you received during your stay with us. We tried our best to try and keep the entire wedding party together while also trying to accommodate the numerous early check-ins for the group. I am sorry that you were unable to furthermore unwind and relax at our Wine Bar but we have to follow all township codes and ordinances. We really hope that you would give us another chance in the future to redeem. Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Red Bank, New Jersey
Reviewed March 22, 2013

From the moment you arrive everything is first class. The attention to detail is impeccable. My room was well appointed and very comfortable. I had a full day business meeting and everything went very well. The AV items all worked perfectly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Travelingman1212,

Thank you for taking your time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read your wonderful review on our hotel and our audio visual amenities. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Westin properties rarely disappoint, and this one is no exception. Heavenly bed, good bath products, charming lobby, attentive shuttle service, all great. Slight annoyance that they charge for Internet. It's 2013 for crying out loud.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Jenntgrab,

Thank you for taking your time to review us on Tripadvisor and you kind comments. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us and appreciate your comments on our Heavenly products, amenities, and the hotel lobby. Please accept my apologizes for your experience with our wireless internet. We now offer complementary wireless access to our guests. We hope that you would come and visit us again in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us.

Ogden, Utah
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is absolutely lovely. The service was excellent. The rooms are beautiful. The staff is very courteous. I visited the hotel for a wedding and the group rate was outstanding. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Livetoskiutah,

Thank you for taking your time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us and appreciate your comments on our customer service, hotel and accommodations. We hope that you would come and visit us again in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us.

Colin Ankersen.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!