“Set the bar higher”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
West Hartford, CT
“Set the bar higher”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

As a veteran traveler and already a fan of Starwood properties I have come to respect quality service. That's why I like Westin Hotels because I can expect quality rooms and service. My recent stay at this Westin in NJ exceeded my expectations in many ways but the front desk staff impressed me the most. I will go out of my way to stay here again and often.

Room Tip: The pool is on the third floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Mike A,

Thank you for your kind comments and for your loyalty to our brand. Your positive comments on our staff members, the quality of service, and the hotel are the very reasons why we are in this business. We thrive on positive comments and exceeding our customers expectations.

We look forward to having you back with us soon again.

Be Well,
Colin Ankersen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We arrived for my cousins wedding and I asked if everyone in the party was on the same floor I was told yes. Everyone was separated and the elevators are extremely slow for a six floor building. After the wedding we were told the bar was goin to be open for us until 2. They called last call 10 to 1 and kicks us out at 120 when we were told it was till 2. A terrible experience and definitely will not book again

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Imtgetch4u,

Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback on our hotel facilities and rooms. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you received during your stay with us. We tried our best to try and keep the entire wedding party together while also trying to accommodate the numerous early check-ins for the group. I am sorry that you were unable to furthermore unwind and relax at our Wine Bar but we have to follow all township codes and ordinances. We really hope that you would give us another chance in the future to redeem. Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Colin Ankersen
Red Bank, New Jersey
Reviewed March 22, 2013

From the moment you arrive everything is first class. The attention to detail is impeccable. My room was well appointed and very comfortable. I had a full day business meeting and everything went very well. The AV items all worked perfectly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Travelingman1212,

Thank you for taking your time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read your wonderful review on our hotel and our audio visual amenities. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Westin properties rarely disappoint, and this one is no exception. Heavenly bed, good bath products, charming lobby, attentive shuttle service, all great. Slight annoyance that they charge for Internet. It's 2013 for crying out loud.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Jenntgrab,

Thank you for taking your time to review us on Tripadvisor and you kind comments. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us and appreciate your comments on our Heavenly products, amenities, and the hotel lobby. Please accept my apologizes for your experience with our wireless internet. We now offer complementary wireless access to our guests. We hope that you would come and visit us again in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us.

Ogden, Utah
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is absolutely lovely. The service was excellent. The rooms are beautiful. The staff is very courteous. I visited the hotel for a wedding and the group rate was outstanding. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Livetoskiutah,

Thank you for taking your time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us and appreciate your comments on our customer service, hotel and accommodations. We hope that you would come and visit us again in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us.

Burlington, NJ
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The hotel is on really pretty grounds and looks amazing as you drive up to it. Inside is equally beautiful. LOVED the bathrobe in the room. I want to purchase one!!! The attention to detail in the decor and the rooms were noticed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Carie M

Thank you very much for you kind feedback. You can actually purchase a Bathrobe and other Westin Heavenly products on Westin.com.

We hope to see you back soon.

Be Well
Cohasset, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We blocked out over 30 rooms for my daughter's wedding in February. The entire staff at the Westin helped make this an exceptionally memorable weekend. Everyone was friendly, attentive, and went out of their way to make sure my family and our guests had an enjoyable stay. They even upgraded my room which was a generous gesture. When we returned from my daughter's reception their was a lovely fruit and cheese tray waiting for my wife and myself. This is the only place to stay in the area, and I would highly reccommend for any business travelers also.
Also want to say how great John the doorman was to us. He is a true asset to the Westin!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear John I

Thank you for your kind comments and your business. We love weddings it is fun and special to be part of such a special occasion. I will also make sure that I share your comment with John our door man.

We lookforward to having you with us soon.

Be Well
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 1 in Short Hills
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!