The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
HYATT house Morristown(Morristown)(Great Value!)
$132
Hyatt Regency Morristown(Morristown)(Great Value!)
$179
The Madison Hotel(Morristown)(Great Value!)
$179
Priceline
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn(Morristown)(Great Value!)
$157
$62
Priceline
$230
TripAdvisor
All reviewsblue morelheavenly bedpark savoyfarewell breakfastroom blockwedding guestsnice hotelpresidential suitehotel restaurantoutdoor poolwedding weekendshuttle servicefront desk stafffamily membersguest roomsworkout roomwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stay @ the Governor Morris 2-4 times a year. We are never disappointed with their clean spacious rooms, friendly cooperative staff, attention to requests and excellent restaurant. John the doorman adds an extra personal touch. Room service is an asset.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Nrhdkk

Thank you for your kind comments and for staying with us several times a year. We are please that you enjoy Blue Morel, we enjoy a lot of positive comments from our guests as well as the local area. I will share your comments with John, he is a great example of our customer service.

We look forward to having you and your wife back with us soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Spent two days in at this hotel in January. Great location and absolutely lovely property. The lack of other hotels in the area mean the hotel isn't driven by competition, but simply know how to run a top notch property. The restaurant and room service is great, the room are quiet, the lobby lounge very comfortable and the staff is cheerful, professional and very helpful.

The only drawback is the room size which seems more appropriate to an in-city hotel than a suburban property. The rooms are however, clean, well appointed and well maintained. I look forward to my next trip

Dear Greg_D_In_Cali

Thanks for you kind comments and for staying with us recently. We do enjoy a nice and relaxing location in the historical district of Morristown. We are pleased that you enjoyed Blue Morel restaurant we do get a lot of positive comments on Farm to Table menu and exceptional service.

We look forward to having you come back and stay with us when you travel to this area.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Always enjoy coming to the Governor Morris. I had a terrific dinner, hotel stay and find the staff to be very attentive. I find the rooms to be very comfortable and the person doing shoulder massages after work in the lobby is a great idea and appreciated.

Room Tip: Rooms are very cozy
1  Thank Kate111999

Dear U2Greek

Thank you for your kind comments on your recent stay with us. The Westin Heavenly beds are great , we get a lot of positive comments on how comfortable they are. I will make sure that I share your comments with John, he is good example of the commitment that we all have to meet and exceed lyour expectations when you are staying with us.

We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for over 10 years and I have always had an amazing experience. I have to say that the major reason for this, though, is one person. Dianne Coogen, a Service Express Agent that has been serving me since day one. She makes me feel right at home and does her very best to take care of everything I need during my stay. She is all about making her guests feel welcome and special. The rest of the staff has been great, too.

Dear Heb 123

We really appreciate your kind words and the fact that you have stayed with us for over 10 years. I am glad to hear that Dianne has helped make the Westin your home away from home since the begining. We have a great team of associates that have worked with us for years and are committed to providing excellent customer service.

We will see you soon again.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was redeeming mileage reward travel in November 2013, and this property was one of the few in the area that was not "2 stars" or less. However, while the hotel was overall a safe, clean and relatively pleasant place to stay I have rated it POOR as it is a Westin in name only. I question when this property was last (if ever) reviewed for its 4 stars. The condition of my room, and the property in general, was sad and dated, despite apparent attempts to add spit and polish to dress it up.

Having previously found Westin properties across the country consistent in their policies and hospitality, I assumed all were managed by Starwood. However, that's not the case. Through some Faustian deal,the Govenor Morris is managed by a Florida hotel management company called Island Hospitality Management. This appears to be the only Westin they manage in a portfolio that includes mostly Hampton Inns, Residence Inns, and the like. Let's just say that a rose by any other name might smell as sweet...."but this place ain't no rose."

Specifically -
1.) Failure to inform me in advance of my arrival of special additional charges ($50 per night, per pet) for my "pet friendly" room,
2.) Completely absurd and legally questionable damage waiver,
3.) HORRIBLE PHYSICAL CONDITION OF THE ROOM (making the above waiver even more ridiculous!) - don't take my word for it - take a look at the pics.
4.) Completely inadequate response by management when made aware of the issues during and following my stay.

Apologies are not remedies, and become insincere and trite when actions don't back them up, and explanations are only excuses for poor performance when they fail to fit the facts.

FAIL: FOR NICKEL AND DIME HOSPITALITY.
If you can't afford to sell a room at the rate you are selling it, raise your prices. Don't gauge me with ridiculous fees and explanations for them that are not supported by the facts.

FAIL: MANAGEMENT'S CLAIM OF ROOMS BEING SPECIALLY CLEANED TO REMOVE DOG
HAIR WHEN YOUR STAFF DOES NOT EVEN HAVE THE TIME OR RESOURCES TO CLEAN
AND FIX BASIC AMENITIES.
My room had cracked mirrors, leaking faucets, stained and mildewed tubs, dated and poorly installed bathroom fixtures, mismatched broken windows and trashed blinds, and an unplugged uncharged phone all undermined my sense of value, quality and overall cleanliness.

FAIL: MANAGEMENT'S RESPONSE TO MY DOCUMENTED COMPLAINT.
Corporate was gracious and apologetic in response to my concerns.
Local management offered rebuttle.
The Front Desk Supervisor claimed my concerns were the result of High Occupancy the week prior...
Seriously? YOU'RE A HOTEL!
These problems were the result of long term neglect and lack of attention to detail, not a busy week.
The problems in that room did not get that way in a week's, or even a month's time.
And even if that were the case?
Then take that room out of service...unless its no worse than every other room on site.

If management can't provide a room that measures up to the standard for proper cleaning and good repair, then shut down until it can....or drop the Westin name, and folks with 4 star expectations will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Westin in name only - better price and equal value to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mike S

Dear Mike S

Please let me appologize for your incoveniences and your dissapointing stay with us. We strive to meet and exceed your expectations and we are dissapointed as well when we fall short.

If you would like to reach out to me at cankersen@westinmorristown.com I would be happy to discuss this further wtih you and appologize in person.