I spent 1 evening at this Westin hotel since I had an early morning meeting just outside Morristown and didn't want to commute in from New York City even earlier the same day.
The Westin is in a suburban area (well, Morristown is basically a suburban city). There are no adjacent stores, etc. so you are relegated to what is on-site at the hotel. This was a bit of an issue as I had room service for dinner and ate at the buffet for breakfast. While I am the first to admit that room service is expensive to begin with and that my late check in prevented me from dining outside I still get annoyed with a $40 tab for a simple meal. Likewise the self-serve buffet breakfast, which I believe was close to $30 total. However, the service for both was just fine. I am not complaining about that aspect, just the cost of the food itself. Next time, for breakfast, I'll stick to the Starbucks counter that is present in the lobby for a coffee and scone.
Check in was quick and easy. The lobby is done in a modern-ish, understated decor as are the rooms. Mine was the last room at the end of the hall but the downside to that was that I was closest to the street, a somewhat main street, so street noise filtered into the room. The room itself was nice, quite large in space, with a flat screen TV, king bed, and a separate desk with outlet strip to power all of your accessories. The bathroom however was incredibly small. You had to step aside against the tub in order to close the door. There was no shelf upon which to put your toiletry kit either. I found this strange since the room itself was probably 40% larger than most average hotel rooms of similar construction.
The bed was comfortable, the TV worked, internet access was included in my rate (a bonus in my book, I can't stand hotel properties that charge for internet access), the HVAC was fine (via a widow unit, not "central"), it was clean, and everything was in working order. Overall the property is well maintained and run and, apart from the high cost of my meals, I believe it to be perfectly fine for my business needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Westin Governor Morris, Morristown. Our modern yet sophisticated "four-plus" star Morristown hotel offers spacious guest rooms & suites, with state-of-the-art amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown Hotel Morristown
- Westin Governor Morris Morristown
- Westin Morristown
- Morristown Westin