“Perfectly Fine for Business”

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
New York, New York
“Perfectly Fine for Business”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I spent 1 evening at this Westin hotel since I had an early morning meeting just outside Morristown and didn't want to commute in from New York City even earlier the same day.

The Westin is in a suburban area (well, Morristown is basically a suburban city). There are no adjacent stores, etc. so you are relegated to what is on-site at the hotel. This was a bit of an issue as I had room service for dinner and ate at the buffet for breakfast. While I am the first to admit that room service is expensive to begin with and that my late check in prevented me from dining outside I still get annoyed with a $40 tab for a simple meal. Likewise the self-serve buffet breakfast, which I believe was close to $30 total. However, the service for both was just fine. I am not complaining about that aspect, just the cost of the food itself. Next time, for breakfast, I'll stick to the Starbucks counter that is present in the lobby for a coffee and scone.

Check in was quick and easy. The lobby is done in a modern-ish, understated decor as are the rooms. Mine was the last room at the end of the hall but the downside to that was that I was closest to the street, a somewhat main street, so street noise filtered into the room. The room itself was nice, quite large in space, with a flat screen TV, king bed, and a separate desk with outlet strip to power all of your accessories. The bathroom however was incredibly small. You had to step aside against the tub in order to close the door. There was no shelf upon which to put your toiletry kit either. I found this strange since the room itself was probably 40% larger than most average hotel rooms of similar construction.

The bed was comfortable, the TV worked, internet access was included in my rate (a bonus in my book, I can't stand hotel properties that charge for internet access), the HVAC was fine (via a widow unit, not "central"), it was clean, and everything was in working order. Overall the property is well maintained and run and, apart from the high cost of my meals, I believe it to be perfectly fine for my business needs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Blue Spinnaker

Thanks forstaying with us. We appreciate your comments and I will share your comments with the management team and take them into consideration.

We lookforward to having your back with us soon.

Be Well

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Broadlands
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have stayed here several times during the holidays over the past few years. We keep coming back because it is a fabulous hotel! The rooms are very clean and a great size to accommodate a family of 5. Can not miss with the heavenly beds and pillows! The staff is always polite. We had an awesome breakfast in the restaurant and the staff was very attentive. We will definitely be back! Highly recommend!

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Friend and I stayed here with a group for a wedding .... We were flooored by how large the room was ... Very quiet, sunny, and the most comfortable beds ever

Great shuttle service by friendly driver to the njtransit station down the road

Only only minor minor minor complaint was the Starbucks coffee we ordered in the lobby was wicked expensive (5 bucks for a venti I think?) However, there was free Starbucks coffee in our room ... Our bad

• Stayed November 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed for a business trip and the service was great. Forgot a couple things and the staff went out of their way to ensure I was able to get what I needed. The rooms were large and clean with great beds. Location couldn't be beat for getting around in north central Jersey. Definitely the place I'll be staying going forward.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very friendly. The beds are very comfortable and the pillows are wonderful. The rooms are a great size. There was plenty of room for me, my husband and my 3 children. We checked in a few days before Christmas and stayed until 26th. The staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. I would highly recommend this hotel.

sparta
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I wanted to plan a special night for me and my honey for our 1 yr anniversary and from the second the person at the front desk picked up the phone - I knew we would have a fantastic time!! I requested a specific type of room and Omar Hamilton exceeded all of my expectations! We had a gorgeous spacious room and the night could not be more perfect from the champagne and strawberris that he was able to send for us to the yummy dinner at the restaurant!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and dont forget to ask for Omar!! Hes the best!!! :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Could not have imagined my stay and room would be this great! I have already recommended this hotel!......I didnt have the opportunity to utilize all the place had to offer but would consider returning just to do so! I was there overnight for a wedding.......The rooms are spacious, contemporary, spotless and service was wonderful (all except that i went to tell the desk that i needed a wake up call and a gentelman in the hallway said that he would take care of it and didn't. I learned a lesson, make the call or go straight to the desk, that is a part of their responsibility.)

Room Tip: I stayed in room 641. It was an oddly shaped corner room but spacious and wonderful!