“Beautiful Property” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Hainesport, New Jersey
“Beautiful Property”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

The property is well maintained with a gorgeous lobby. The room was large with a robe, mini bar and an extremely comfortable bed. Definately upscale with an upscale price. The mini bar prices were extremely high and there are no vending machines in the hotel. The bar had good food with a limited menu which was on the fancier side. Prices were in line for the area. Ate their twice and both times was pleased. The reason for the average rating was the noise. There was an event on the floor below and you could here the music in the bathroom like you were there. Bangs from the housekeep closet next door at all hours. You could also here noise from the floors above.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevators. Also, handicap accessible rooms do not have a full closet...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear curry49ers,
Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us esp. the food and the overall accommodations. We apologize for the noise issues you encountered. We will definitely discuss this with our Security staff to prevent this in the future. We hope that you would give us another chance and come back and visit us soon. Let me know if I may be of any further service.
Colin Ankersen.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at the Westin Governor Morris over Labor Day Weekend for a wedding and had a few very expensive and important belongings go "missing" from our room during our stay. We are usually very careful at hotels but assumed that we were safe at a Westin. I called to report the incident and was told that someone would follow up - which never happened. When I called a month later to check in, I was told that they did not even look into the matter, simply monitored the lost and found in case something turned up. The hotel manager was not helpful or accommodating and made no effort to resolve the situation. I would have expected more from a Westin and am very disappointed. I've learned my lesson and hope others will learn from this as well.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank betsyjanehead
Dear betsyjanehead,
Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor. Please accept my apologies for the experience. We did reflect back on the situation with the missing items and resolved the issue with the help of our Security Manager. Hope the resolution was to your satisfaction and you would give us another chance in the future. Let me know if I may be of any further service.
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Check-in was quick and the reservation clerk extremely pleasant and helpful. The room was extremely comfortable and had everything I needed for a short stay. Yes, it's showing a little bit of wear in places but the combination of location and great service are worth it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Barbara,
Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our service. We will definitely share your feedback with our staff. We hope that you would come and visit us again in the near future. Let me know if I may be of any further service.
new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Recently stayed here for a wedding - upon arrival, was told that the reservation system was down. Was asked to wait a bit - and watched two guys walk in and check in while I stood there- went to the lady at the other counter who then checked me in. Although system down-were still able to provide a room, but had to hand-write my credit card info on a piece of paper and said they would charge it later. I asked if I should return but they said nope, no worries.
Next morning- receive the check out statement with the wrong account info -this was for my father. They had been charged for my room- and I was told there were two rooms under my name. Both of this was incorrect. Upon speaking w/ the front desk-they said would fix it.
Come home-find the charge is $13 higher then the receipt-small amount, but why should it suddenly be higher? Then heard my dad and his sister were each charged for 2 rooms each, when they each had only one.
Understand systems will go down - but the back-up is hand writing credit card info and then charging everyone wrongly??
Truly sad that this clouded my judgement of Westin's - the room was great but it's frustrating to still be dealing with charge issues!

Room Tip: Pick a low floor so you can use the stairs- the elevators are ridiculously slow- weird w/ such quali...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nyajt
Dear nyajt,
Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the billing issues encountered during your stay. I understand our Front Office Manager has resolved these discrepancies with you. It is definitely not the norm in the hotel to have such situations and was definitely unusual. We really hope that you would give us another chance in the future to redeem. Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Enjoyed my stay at the westin, they exceeded my expectations. The staff was super courteous and welcoming. Everyone from the front desk agent to the housekeepers were nice, greeting you with a smile. The rooms were very spacious and clean. I hand been driving for hours from Maryland and the agent that checked us in Omar was so nice recognized my fatigue, and offer to upgrade me to a deluxe room on the starwood preferred floor. So great to be recognized as a starwood member and treated like a valued customer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mary C,
Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and it exceeded your expectations. We do offer special recoginition to our Starwood Preferred Guests. We hope you would come back and visit us again in the near future. Let me know if I may be of any further service.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had an early morning business meeting with one of the many corporations based in the Morris County area, and this Westin is located close to my client's site. I arrived at the hotel the night before. Westin is part of the Starwood family of properties, and I'm fortunate to be a Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG in their terminology), and this facility provides a separate floor and fitness center for SPG's. I can report that both room and bathroom were spacious, clean and comfortable.

I wasn't expecting Sunday night dinner to be anything special, but I was pleasantly surprised. The menu was interesting, and the meal which I ordered was fresh and well-prepared. The following morning's breakfast was also excellent. I didn't have a lot of interaction with the hotel staff but it's been my experience that Westin service is always good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear T A R,
Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor.We are delighted to hear your kind comments on our service, staff and food. We are glad you were able to enjoy the privileges for a SPG member as well. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Westin did not desapointed us , we feel very home at any location, we live comfortable king room! The only note I have for some reason I reserved 3 rooms next to each other almost 2 months ahead and learned a week before arrival they had only one! So I had to go trough reservation again to make sure we have 3 rooms ! and then we arrived and system had only 2 rooms on our name, yes we got finally 3 rooms on one floor!! At last,far from each other but happy we were on the same floor! I do not get it why reservations keeps changing and you have to go back and check on it over and over again...hopefully there were some glitch and they can fix it ASAP !

• Stayed September 2012
Dear 4to,
Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback and glad that you enjoyed our accommodations. Please accept apologies for the reservation issues you had during your check in process. We will definitely go back and look at the process to make sure this is not repeated. Thank you again for staying with us at the Westin and hope you would come and visit us again in the near future.
Colin Ankersen.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston
Hanover Marriott
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!