“Check your credit card after you check out!!!!”

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Recently stayed here for a wedding - upon arrival, was told that the reservation system was down. Was asked to wait a bit - and watched two guys walk in and check in while I stood there- went to the lady at the other counter who then checked me in. Although system down-were still able to provide a room, but had to hand-write my credit card info on a piece of paper and said they would charge it later. I asked if I should return but they said nope, no worries.
Next morning- receive the check out statement with the wrong account info -this was for my father. They had been charged for my room- and I was told there were two rooms under my name. Both of this was incorrect. Upon speaking w/ the front desk-they said would fix it.
Come home-find the charge is $13 higher then the receipt-small amount, but why should it suddenly be higher? Then heard my dad and his sister were each charged for 2 rooms each, when they each had only one.
Understand systems will go down - but the back-up is hand writing credit card info and then charging everyone wrongly??
Truly sad that this clouded my judgement of Westin's - the room was great but it's frustrating to still be dealing with charge issues!

Room Tip: Pick a low floor so you can use the stairs- the elevators are ridiculously slow- weird w/ such quali...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nyajt
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear nyajt,
Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the billing issues encountered during your stay. I understand our Front Office Manager has resolved these discrepancies with you. It is definitely not the norm in the hotel to have such situations and was definitely unusual. We really hope that you would give us another chance in the future to redeem. Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Enjoyed my stay at the westin, they exceeded my expectations. The staff was super courteous and welcoming. Everyone from the front desk agent to the housekeepers were nice, greeting you with a smile. The rooms were very spacious and clean. I hand been driving for hours from Maryland and the agent that checked us in Omar was so nice recognized my fatigue, and offer to upgrade me to a deluxe room on the starwood preferred floor. So great to be recognized as a starwood member and treated like a valued customer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mary C,
Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and it exceeded your expectations. We do offer special recoginition to our Starwood Preferred Guests. We hope you would come back and visit us again in the near future. Let me know if I may be of any further service.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had an early morning business meeting with one of the many corporations based in the Morris County area, and this Westin is located close to my client's site. I arrived at the hotel the night before. Westin is part of the Starwood family of properties, and I'm fortunate to be a Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG in their terminology), and this facility provides a separate floor and fitness center for SPG's. I can report that both room and bathroom were spacious, clean and comfortable.

I wasn't expecting Sunday night dinner to be anything special, but I was pleasantly surprised. The menu was interesting, and the meal which I ordered was fresh and well-prepared. The following morning's breakfast was also excellent. I didn't have a lot of interaction with the hotel staff but it's been my experience that Westin service is always good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear T A R,
Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor.We are delighted to hear your kind comments on our service, staff and food. We are glad you were able to enjoy the privileges for a SPG member as well. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Westin did not desapointed us , we feel very home at any location, we live comfortable king room! The only note I have for some reason I reserved 3 rooms next to each other almost 2 months ahead and learned a week before arrival they had only one! So I had to go trough reservation again to make sure we have 3 rooms ! and then we arrived and system had only 2 rooms on our name, yes we got finally 3 rooms on one floor!! At last,far from each other but happy we were on the same floor! I do not get it why reservations keeps changing and you have to go back and check on it over and over again...hopefully there were some glitch and they can fix it ASAP !

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear 4to,
Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback and glad that you enjoyed our accommodations. Please accept apologies for the reservation issues you had during your check in process. We will definitely go back and look at the process to make sure this is not repeated. Thank you again for staying with us at the Westin and hope you would come and visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was about what you'd expect at Westin - clean and well appointed, not huge but big enough. Minor complaint was the tiny bathroom, which had a basic sink with almost zero counter space. This was manageable given I was traveling alone, but would have been a big problem if I'd been sharing the room with another person. The hotel itself doesn't seem to be close (walking distance) to anything in particular. A free shuttle service to nearby destinations is provided, but having a car would be advisable unless you intend to spend all of your time at the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear R O,
Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments on our friendly staff and nice rooms. We do understand the size of the bathroom been not to your liking. I am glad you gave us a high rating on your overall experience. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I've stayed in Westin hotels all over the place and this hotel is definitely in keeping with Westin's quality. The room was very clean and comfortable and I'm sure contributed to a great night's sleep. The bathroom was tiny and looked to be at least a decade behind other parts of the room in terms of renovation.

The restaurant in this hotel is phenomenal. If you're not one to normally eat at the hotel restaurant, I'd definitely give this a try.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear khcarlso,
Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear your positive comments on our hotel, rooms and restaurant. I do acknowledge your concern on the bathroom size. We appreciate the fact that you find our product and service consistent with Westin. Thank you again for your loyalty and we hope you would visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We really enjoyed spending time in the Westin hotel in Morristown. The rooms were beautiful, the service was great, and the pool was so enjoyable! We went with our 4 children and everyone had a super time! In particular, we would like to thank Omar (front desk service clerk) who went out of his way to accommodate our needs.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 226David
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear 226David,
Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your excellent 5 star review and for recognizing our associate- Omar. We will definitely pass on your kind comments to him. Please do come back and visit us again. Thank you again for your loyalty and business.
Colin Ankersen.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#2 of 6 in Whippany
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!