“Accomadating and Friendly”

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed there for a family wedding this past weekend and met Julia Stiles! Staff at the front desk were extremtly friendly and helpful in making sure everything went smooth. Rooms were very nice and of course the beds were just as great as everyone said they were. Hotel caters to all ages and nightlife isnt far at all.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms seem to be the best value as they can cater to a large audience.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Anthlen,
Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you loved our hotel, beds and service at the front desk. Please do come back and visit us again. Thank you again for your 5 star review.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The beds were wonderful....The restaurant inside the hotel the best I have been to...the servise was superb at the restaurant......nice breakfast included with price of the room....I will stay there again...

Room Tip: Do not get the corner on 6th floor...to much light inthe room and noisy due to air condition....clos...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear wonderful12345,
Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted with your excellent reviews and the fact that you loved our hotel, service and food at the restaurant and the breakfast as well. Thank you for mentioning that you will come back and visit us. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at the Westin Gov. Morris in 2011. If you can make a reservation (since it's often booked 3+ weeks in advance), it's a good hotel. It has all the features that make it a Westin, but the building is old (i.e. the bathrooms are a little small). Otherwise, it's the best option available if you are a Starwood traveler.

The restaurant is very nice with a decent beer list, but very expensive.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Dear bvalentine002,
Thank you for taking your time to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and recognizing us as the best Starwood hotel in the area. It does makes us feel special. Thank you for your continued loyalty and support. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I only stay at Starwood properties and I was excited to learn that there was a Westin in town when we were invited to Morristown for a wedding.

The location of the hotel was very convenient...right off the highway. I appreciated the abundance of free parking and the lobby was beautiful. Check-in was a little on the slow side, but we had multiple rooms so that was to be expected. It was very nice that our rooms were able to be blocked together. We appreciated that gesture since we were traveling with my elderly grandmother.

The room quality was hit or miss. The room I stayed in was nice for the most part. The bed was comfy and the TV was great! The bathroom, while clean, could have benefited from some repairs. Our faucet leaked all over the counter and the door was cracked. The toilet seemed to run much longer than it should but the cleanliness negated all of these issues. The room that one of my family members stayed in smelled like smoke and had a completely different toilet in the bathroom. Not a big deal, but the lack of uniformity was unusual. But then again, I don't often get to see multiple rooms in the hotel during one stay so many this is more common than I think.

The biggest negative was the noise. There was a large wedding in the hotel while we were there and they were loud and rude. There were children running through the hallways from seven in the morning until midnight and people loitering in the halls drinking and carrying on. I understand that wedding guests want to have fun but I don't know why the front desk doesn't anticipate this and block all the non-wedding guests away from the noise. It probably wouldn't be a perfect solution but it might help a little with the noise. An attempt to alert the front desk of the issue went unanswered. It was one o'clock in the morning and I didn't have the energy to keep trying.

The room block for the wedding I was staying at was at another hotel in Morristown and I couldn't help but thinking when we left that perhaps we should have stayed there surrounded by our family and friends who were on the same schedule we were. However, if I find myself in Morristown again I would be willing to give this hotel another chance...I would just make sure to ask for the most quiet room possible upon check-in.

Room Tip: If there is a wedding in-house and you're not a part of it ask to be put as far away from the we...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JLeigh2182

Dear JLeigh2182,
Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you liked most part of your stay. Please accept my apologies for the noise issues due to the wedding party. We are reviewing our security procedures to make sure situations are handled more efficiently in the future. We really hope you would give us another chance to redeem in the future. Please feel free to contact me personally if I may be of any further assistance.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I recently had my wedding reception at the Westin Governor Morris Hotel. The staff did an amazing job!!!!!! The food was incredible! The service was top notch. The staff took pride in their work and showed true professionalism. Their attention to detail was amazing. They were very patient throughout the wedding planning process. Our on site coordinator, Carrie, was so wonderful. She was so easy to work with and always responded to my inquires immediately. I always felt as though I was in good hands. My husband and I were so happy with the wedding reception. Our guests raved about the service. My husband and I have also stayed in a hotel room overnight at the Westin. The rooms are great. They are very clean and decoarated so nicely. The service was great! I highly recommend the Westin Governor Morris Hotel if you are checking out wedding venues as well as if you are looking for a nice hotel in the Morristown area. Thank you! Alley S.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite as an overnight room was great. Our wedding reception was held in the Governor'...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear AllisonS,
Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. It was a delight reading your raving review. We are overwhelmed with the positive feedback on our staff- Carrie, food and your whole experience with us. Thank you for recommending us as a wedding venue as well. Congratulations on your wedding and please do come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

The rooms were nice and big which we loved. The staff is very nice and friendly and they make you feel welcomed. The hotel is a few min drive from the street where all the bars are, awesome. The food was the big issue, very over priced and taste is worse than microwave food. We paid 16 dollars for a California sushi roll. They charged us 7 dollars for a glass of water (we did not pay for that in the end) we ordered a ceaser salad, it was a few slices of lettuce and bread, the lettuce was not chopped up! Do NOT order food when you go there, go to the local dinner the food is amazing, fresh, and well priced.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear dollysh,
Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the kind comments on our rooms and friendly staff. Please accept my sincerest apologies that our food options were not to your liking. We hope you would give us another chance in the future to redeem. Thank you again for staying with us. Let me know if I may be of any further service.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel has a nice old world charm. Huge property, in a quiet corner of Morristown. The lobby is very impressive. The rooms could do better. Though the bathrooms were clean and modern, the entry into it was a little narrow. Also the rest of the room was a little outdated. The rooms were very clean though. The beds were clean and heavenly as promised by starwood. Overall a mixed experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Vinod R

Dear Vinod R,
Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind comments on our lobby, cleanliness and heavenly beds. We do have some existing challenges with our bathroom size. But I am glad that overall you enjoyed our hotel and described it as a "nice old charm". Please do come and visit us again. Let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
Colin Ankersen.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany
2 mi away
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!