My wife & I attended a large family affair in the main ballroom. About 300 guests at a sit-down dinner with a dance band. The 2 bartenders were sullen and unfriendly; they were just doing their job. Dinner service was awful. Dishes were served out of order. The salads came out first. No bread yet. The menu stated that the salads would contain pears, but there was no pear in sight. And no dressing on the salads; just mixed greens and some slices of fennel.Then came the appetizers. Finally some bread. A glass of wine was poured for each guest. Some tables were later to get a refill on the wine, but not our table, and we were never offered or served coffee, although there were cups and saucers on the table. I noticed several intervals when there were no servers to be seen anywhere in the entire room. Nobody was removing dirty dishes or serving anything to anyone. During one of these down times, I went to the bar to get a refill on the wine, and the two dining room "supervisors" were standing at the bar chatting with the bartenders while nothing else was going on. Worst service I have ever experienced. If you're planning an affair, don't plan on going here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Westin Governor Morris, Morristown. Our modern yet sophisticated "four-plus" star Morristown hotel offers spacious guest rooms & suites, with state-of-the-art amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown Hotel Morristown
- Westin Governor Morris Morristown
- Westin Morristown
- Morristown Westin