“Very comfortable stay, will definitely use it again next time I'm in the area”

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The check-in process was smooth with no surprises other than the friendliness of the person on duty. He was very helpful, making sure I had a quiet, non-smoking room.
The room itself was very comfortable, a great bed and a well-supplied bath with plenty of hot water and water pressure for a shower.
This is an older property but has been well-maintained. It's my favorite hotel in this part of the US, hands down.
Room service was fast and the food was delicious, if a bit expensive. Besides the in-hotel restaurant there are no other convenient dining options.
I left late the next morning wishing I could stay longer...and hoping I'll be in the area again soon so I can stay here again. I highly recommend this for a business traveler, whether just an overnight en route or for an extended time.

Room Tip: Tell them what you want when you make the reservation, then follow up at check-in. I found reception...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank JVDonnant

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed there to attend a wedding. The bathroom was kind of small but it had a great shower with two heads. Very comfortable bed/bedding. There was also a 42" TV in the room although the reception was not high definition. The A/C was very precise and sensitive temperature changes. There is a lovely pool area with very comfortable chaise lounges. The pool was small but the area was very comfortable to relax, sun, or just read. There is a small health club with individual TVs. The one recumbent bike had a broken seat adjustment so was useless. It looks like they were renovating the rooms with new carpeting, and other changes so hopefully they will fix there equipment. By the way the price was very reasonable- we paid 109 for a group rate but I noticed that rate available on line also.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room which is larger.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My wedding was a day wedding on Saturday so I had about 20+ rooms booked Friday night and Saturday night but they only gave me a free room Saturday night which I didn't mind paying. Unfortunately, my junior suite (room 333) looked like a basement apartment. I was so busy greeting family & friends and doing last minute things for my wedding that I didn't notice how horrible the room looked until my photographer started to take my getting ready pictures. The window looks like a basement window facing a roof with a bunch of vents which made my getting ready pics terrible. When I returned to my room after my wedding, I could hear all the noise and music from a wedding that was going on that night(I even heard my wedding song clearly played in my room). The worse part was that I could also hear everything going on the room across from me which was not very pleasant. I didn't have time to complain about this because I was so exhausted from my own wedding. When I told my coordinator (Kelly) about my room, she told me that I should not have been put in that room and only gave me 10,000 starwood points (not sure how that will help). I booked my room block 8 months in advance so there should not have been a problem with me getting a better room. Another unpleasant experience is the lack of customer service from the front desk and the staff at my farewell breakfast. They were so concerned with counting the people at my breakfast and that failed to give us a heads up when the breakfast would end. We had a few people show up late for the breakfast that they didn't even have time to get a cup of coffee. My family would have paid extra or a fee if they were given the possibility to extend our farewell breakfast but they were so rude and took all the food away without our knowledge. My family was so embarrassed that they hosted this breakfast.I highly recommend brides & grooms who are having their wedding in the Morristown area to book their accomdations elsewhere. This hotel should be ashamed of themselves to have the Westin name. Also their hotel lobby smelled like sweaty feet so don't get impressed by their hotel lobby picture. The only thing they had was the Copeland but now that is gone. I hear the new restaurant is not even great. I would also like to point out that I had my dinner rehearsal at the Westin and a small after party at the Copeland which was hosted by my inlaws. My inlaws are very picky people and have high standards so all the customer service was given to them instead of the the Bride and my family. Guess I should have been a bridezilla inorder to get pretty service from them.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank wens21
Reviewed September 4, 2011

This hotel is nice, but nothing really special. The lobby is nice, the rooms are good, large flat screen TV. But the rooms are also small and the bathrooms are tiny. The front desk staff made a number of mistakes in my account some of which are still being sorted out. So, while it's clean, nice amenities, and in a nice area, it's not value for money for sure, and not someplace that I would recommend for the price.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I was very apprehensive about our upcoming stay after reading the reviews - we were switched to this hotel after the hotel we were going to stay in had air-conditioning issues. I had prepared myself for filth and poor customer service, but it never came to pass. In fact, the staff couldn't have been nicer nor could the room we stayed in be any newer or cleaner! We had a lovely time. We went to the pool, we enjoyed the fitness facilities, and had a wonderful night's sleep. If I had to complain about anything, it would be the size of the bathroom, but as long as it's clean (it was) and the shower has good water pressure (it did), I'm not that picky. The hotel is in the middle of renovating so there were some floors that seemed more aged than others and the elevators did appear in need of a face-lift, but from the experience that my husband and I had, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I'll start by saying I checked into the hotel and they promised mr no fee for the fridge, after checking out we had a bill for the fridge & other people room charges. Front desk manager Cynthia or something is one rude a$$. I wouldn't stay there again just because of her attitude.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This is one of those, where else can I stay in the area when I am on pharma business and want to earn SPG points. If you are in Morristown on business, then this place is OK. Cant imagine anyone wanting to stay here for a vacation. Place is a bit dated, but the lobby is nice. the bar/restaurant was sort of happening, last time I was here 6 months ago, but closed now.

Bottom line, for business ok, for pleasure no way.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Papa_Grande1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#2 of 6 in Whippany
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!