Stayed here for one night in May on the way to move to NYC. I arrived at 3am in the morning from a long drive from DC, so I was too tired to complain about the hotel and had nowhere else to go.
The hotel is just old, bottom line. I always try to stay at Westin hotels when travelling and unfortunately, this was my least favorite. When it comes to Westin hotels, I am used to nice, new, modern rooms but Westin Morristown just didn't have that appeal or standard of other Westin hotels visited. The elevator, hallways, doors, carpet, and windows were "old-fashioned" to me and I felt like they had been there since at least the 1940s.
But if you're not a Westin regular or don't go over your hotel rooms with a detailed eye, you probably won't mind staying here. I could also see this hotel appealing to an older crowd or people into old, vintage stuff.
The bathroom was tiny and hard to maneuver around in so I am glad it was just me. I'd recommend this hotel only if you are in a similar situation as I was and simply have nowhere else to stay or need a safe, open lot to park your car/truck/trailer in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Westin Governor Morris, Morristown. Our modern yet sophisticated "four-plus" star Morristown hotel offers spacious guest rooms & suites, with state-of-the-art amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown Hotel Morristown
- Westin Governor Morris Morristown
- Westin Morristown
- Morristown Westin