“Great Place”

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This hotel is fine, not glamorous, but clean and hospitable. The front desk staff is great in person, but can be a bit spacy on the phone. There really aren't any restaurants outside the hotel within "walking distance" for most people. There are lots of places to eat within a mile but not across the street or a quick walk away. So plan on spending a great deal on food. The breakfast buffet is $20, but good. If you're staying in for dinner get the 36hour braised Short Ribs of beef, really good. If you're dinging alone, try sitting at the bar, the bar tending staff is exemplary.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank LA-Backdoc

Reviewed April 6, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at this Westin a couple of times. I find that the front desk is hit or miss. Either really friendly and helpful or kind of aloof and wrapped up in their own conversations.

Our room was nice, but the lighting was so dim especially in the bathroom. The bed was heavenly and I slept like a baby. We ordered room service for breakfast the next morning and it was really delicious (especially for room service).

Dinner at Copeland was just OK. Definitely not worth the cost. We were looking forward to eating there after hearing so much about it but everything was just a little off, either the fish was cooked in too much butter, or my husbands short-ribs were way too sweet, the appetizers too salty. It was pretty disappointing. The service was nice, but the food was below-average.

I would book here again for a one night stay if I got a great deal on a room. But I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2011

This hotel looks very nice. The lobby is very modern and trendy. The room is a decent size and clean. The bed is a "heavenly" bed so it was pretty comfortable. The bathroom was also very nice but small. I did love the double showerheads. We stayed here for one night and it was fine. I would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Please pay close attention to this review. I arrived on Monday, March 7th at 8p.m. tired … very tired and just wanted to crash. I stayed in room 567 and could hear the guest in the next room talking. I choose the Westin, as my last stay was wonderful. I ordered dinner from the restaurant and a few minutes later, I start hearing a friendly conversation in the next room, some laughing, maybe drinking. It was not their fault honestly. I did not want to call the front desk as I was already unpacked and was in my pj's. At first I thought it was people outside talking because the noise was so loud but after peeking outside I realized it was the guest next to me. I tried my best to fall asleep on and off with the guest next to me talking on the phone. I awoke around 12am by another guest talking. I mentioned this experience to the receptionist upon check out and she said, “Yes, we have received this feedback before.” I was stunned. If you have received this feedback before then do something about it! The hotel was not full so I don’t understand why The Westin would put a business traveler in this room during the week. .

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Should of read the reviews before booking here. If you want a place to stay for 1 night it's ok, but other than that, the staff here are not friendly and unhelpful. Would not recommend nor would I stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank wendy5o4
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I was at this hotel for 2 weeks for training for my job. It is a nice hotel, no it is not new but it was ok. It is a little out there when it comes to location, thank god it was still nice outside when we were there because a walk downtown was not far. Close to the train station which was good since NYC is only about an hour train ride away. The beds were VERY comfortable, the food in the hotel and at the meeting was good, and the exercise facilities were ok. The only gripe I guess would be the freakishly small bathrooms and I mean smalll! I would consider a stay here again if in the area. They do accept pets and I was tempted to take one of my dogs, but I didn't want to have to put him on a plane.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2011

The Westin Morristown is a beautiful hotel. I was in town on business, got a good rate on Priceline and decided to check it out. The lobby is incredible. I found myself spending quite a bit of time down there doing work and just relaxing. The room was a little small, as was the bathroom, but the fixtures in the bathroom were nice and modern. The TV was outdated for such an upscale hotel. I've stayed at a lot of hotels in that area of NJ for business, and this was by far the best. Decent room service, a nice lobby, clean rooms, and just generally a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany
2 mi away
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!