“Where do I sign to Move In?”
Review of The Madison Hotel

The Madison Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I will be basically a "snow" bird visiting this hotel 1- 2x a month for business as well as for future pleasure. I cannot even begin to explain the "difference" between this place and others. I have stayed at many a hotel and I have to say the customer service, ambiance, food, and amenities are just exceptional. Looking forward to moving in part time here and getting to know all the staff. Highly recommend to ANYONE...Kudos to the owners and Cyndee Sales Director and Scott General Manager for an amazing partnership xoxo

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
smcarthur, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2011

I cannot thank you enough for your comments and for taking the time to post them on Trip Advisor. I am truly happy that you found our food, service, amenities and ambiance exceptional. That is high praise coming from someone who travels often on business. The team and I look forward to working with you often in the coming months. Thanks again for highly recommending us for everyone. Travel Safe.

Reviewed March 10, 2011

I travel for business and we have chosen The Madison Hotel as our "Home away from home". Not only is it charming but the service and food is great. The rooms are spacious and very clean with a desk and internet for my business needs. Rod's Steak and Seafood Grill is attached to the hotel which makes it very convenient to have a wonderful meal any time of the day or evening. I can't say enough about the managers who go the extra mile in every detail to make sure your stay is perfect. I will be back again soon.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
smcarthur, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor and for choosing The Madison Hotel as your "home away from home". I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your meal and the service we provided as well as your sleeping room. The team and I look forward to working with you again and being even better then we have been before. Welcome Home!!

Reviewed March 2, 2011

Nice Lobby, very good continental breakfast, below average room service, large rooms but decorations are tired and out of date bordering on shabby.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
smcarthur, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2011

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you found our lobby nice, rooms large and our continental breakfast very good we appreciatte you taking the time to let us know how you feel. Feel free to visit again soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2011

My husband and I just returned from an overnight stay at The Madison Hotel for our anniversary. We discovered this gem when visiting Drew University for a basketball game. After looking it up and visiting the website, we decided that would be the place we would try for our anniversary.......we were not disappointed!! The staff is extremely friendly and the atmosphere was warm and inviting, the fireplace, oatmeal cookies and warm apple cider may also have had something to do with that. Even though a friend recommended a highly rated restaurant not too far, we decided (after looking at the photos online) to stay and have dinner at Rod's. We are so glad we did. The staff was very attentive and the food was delicious. We truly enjoyed out entire evening and are already looking forward to our next visit to The Madison Hotel with our children......maybe!

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
smcarthur, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to visit TripAdvisor and entering your comments. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed not only your stay (we do our best to ensure everyone finds our property warm and inviting by treating our customers more like friends visiting our home ie. warm welcome, roaring fireplace, soft music, fresh baked cookies and a hot beverage on a cold evening) but also your meal in our award winning steakhouse, Rod's Steak and Seafood. I hope you return often and by all means bring the kids. Our hotel is located in a very historic area and is only a short train ride away from NYC (the train station is directly behind our hotel). In addition to our great location we do have a indoor heated swimming pool and we are adding a new casual restaurant (GK's Red Dog Tavern - opening in April) to go along with our fine dining restaurant. Thanks again for making your comments and please visit again.

Reviewed February 16, 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at the Madison Hotel in February 2011. It was a pleasure to be there. It was clean, nicely maintained throughout and tastefully appointed. Additionally, the staff was customer friendly, customer focused and
most accommodating. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
smcarthur, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor and most importantly thank you for staying with us and highly recommending our hotel. I am glad you found the hotel clean and tastefully appointed. Your comment reminded me of another guest who wrote, it is nice to pull up and stay in a hotel that does not look like every other hotel. We are special both in structure and service as evidenced by the service you received and commented on saying that they are customer focused, friendly and accommodating. We take extra care in the interview process to ensure we hire people with the "hospitality gene" who have the personality for our industry and then we train the skill set needed for the position. I am glad you enjoyed your experience and invite you to come back whenever you are in our area.

Reviewed February 8, 2011

My wife & I atayed in Madison Hotel Morristown for 3 nights in Feb 2011.
we had come for Medical treatment & our mood was generally very down. but our experience in the Madison made us really feel at home.
the staff were so well behaved & mannered, always there to help us is any way we needed, the environment of thelobby of the hotel is so relaxing with very confortable leather sofa's in front of a beatiful fire place with real wood fire throughout the day & night.
to charm you they a lucky draw every day for those who had checked in the previous day.
the room was absolutely clean, ( my wife is very fussy about cleanliness & when she was happy it really mean )
the location is little bit away from town but in a walkable distance, at the same time the hotel is just by the side of the Convent railway station which has regular trains almost every 1/2 hr to the newyork City and to the morristown also
the hotel has a free shuttle which you can reserve on week days & do to the nearby places.
they have free wi-fi wireless internet, for the guests, even the colour print outs are also free in the business center!!
well the only things that the management may improve in such a freindly hotel is the breakfast. they serve only cold breakfast in the main lobby. I feel just adding a few eggs & some sausages to the breakfast & placing it in one of the many halls that they have in the first floor will make it just perfect.
also the room which we had did not have a refrigrator which I feel it should be there in every hotel room.
I really recommend this as the best place in morristown to stay

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
smcarthur, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2011

Thank you for staying with us, taking the time to provide us with your feedback and recommending our hotel to anyone visiting our beautiful part of NJ which is so close to NYC and very convenient to the city via the train station directly behind our hotel. Most importantly though we hope that whatever medical treatment you underwent was successful and that you our feeling better. I hope it was pleasurable and relaxing to sink into one of the comfortable chairs by the glowing wood fireplace with a cup of tea or hot chocolate and a book taken from our hotel's library after a long day of visiting with doctors (hopefully for a short time your worries drifted away). I am glad you found our staff well mannered, well behaved and always willing to help. I also am glad you found the environment of the hotel appealing and your wife found everything very clean. We do take pride in our great housekeeping team. You had mentioned that you would like a hot breakfast in order to make the property even greater then it is and I took your idea under consideration and we now provide a hot breakfast in our hotel restaurant for a nominal fee if guests would prefer that over the luxurious deluxe continental breakfast which includes fresh cut fruit, fresh whole fruit, fresh pastries made on sight by our bakery staff, fresh bagels, yogurt, granola bars, etc. that we do provide free of charge in the hotel lobby.
Please come back and visit us again and we hope you are feeling better.

Reviewed January 22, 2011

I stayed at the Madison Hotel in November 2010 for four nights. The hotel was very beautiful and very clean. My hotel room was very clean and comfortable. I loved the turn down service every night in the hotel. I think the service was excellent and is one of the reasons I would highly recommend this hotel. The train station to NYC is right across the street from the hotel and is very convient for visiting the city. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
smcarthur, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2011

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to tell us about it. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel clean and comfortable. The turndown service is something that I think is very important to a great hotel and I am glad you enjoyed it. Not every hotel offers that service anymore and I think it is a shame. I would go out of my way for that service especially if the room rates are comparable. I also am happy you found the train station convenient, it is a great amenity knowing you can stay at our property with our rates in the suburbs and still be in NYC within 55-70 minutes for less then $25 and not have to worry about paying NYC room rates, driving, traffic, paying for parking, paying tolls, etc. It truly is a bargain. Thank you for staying with us and please come back again.

862-345-5500

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
HYATT house Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!