“what an awesome hotel !!!”
Review of The Madison Hotel

The Madison Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Orlando, Florida
“what an awesome hotel !!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The Madison is simply a great hotel. Superb location, staff, decor, amenities, comfort, etc. The on premise dining options are simply outstanding. This hotel represents everything that you could want in a hotel and I enthusiastically recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay. We truly appreciate it and I cannot thank you enough for recommending us. We look forward to having you as a guest whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Scott McArthur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Madison, NJ
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stay here often. The staff doesn't turn over like it does in many chains, so when you walk in, there's usually someone there who remembers you.
One of the bonuses of this place is the facilities, from a gym, a pool and one of the best restaurants all in one building, it's a complete place to stay.

One of the things I truly enjoy is the staff. From the moment I check-in, till time to go, it's an effortless action. There are two people who work the front desk that I believe deserve a note of appreciation; Christine the Room Mgr and Nadia who seems to work 24 hours a day. These two have helped me in countless ways throughout multiple stays. One night in particular Nadia went above and beyond to get me a last minute meal from the chef - even though technically it was past the closing hour of the kitchen staff. Christine makes checking in a pleasurable experience while making me feel like I'm a co-owner. A nod to Megan too, she can find anything in that computer system, especially when blessed with a last name like mine that might be spelled in multiple ways.

Room service always shows up hot too! Now when was the last time you got hot food in a chain hotel?!

Thank you Madison Hotel Staff!

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far from the North Parking Lot if you want to sleep late on weekends or Restaurant...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful review, I cannot tell you how proud I am of ALL my team members and to read how beautifully you recognized Christine, Nadia and Megan made me even prouder. I will make sure each one of them gets a chance to read your review and I know they will be very happy and excited to see what you have to say. I cannot agree with you more in regards to The Madison Hotel, I am blessed with a beautiful product, with two outstanding restaurants, excellent amenities and a staff dedicated to making each and every one of our guests feel special, like they are at there home away from home. I don't understand why anyone would stay anywhere else! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to having you as a guest whenever you visit northern NJ or NYC.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very comfortable. The rooms are a nice size and offers a table and comfortable chair suitable for longer stays. The restaurants in the hotel are also very good and offers both fine dining as well as pub fair. My only critical comment is that the continental breakfast could be better to accommodate business travelers but overall this is a small complaint.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate it. We are glad you found the hotel comfortable, the rooms a nice size and the restaurants very good. For an alternative to our complimentary deluxe cold breakfast buffet we do serve breakfast in our fine dining restaurant for a nominal fee. We hope you will stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Tenafly, New Jersey
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The first thing that struck my husband and I was the charming exterior, which when lit up in the evening, is even more attractive. Once inside we were impressed by the beautiful lobby decor. Our room was comfortable, clean, and elegant. Best of all, was the friendly greeting and disposition of the staff. No request was too small or too large for them. The manager on duty, Ms. Scareon, was especially helpful and kind. This was our first visit to The Madison Hotel. We came to see a show at the Mayo Performing Arts Center (also a must-see theater). We plan to return often!! Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your business and your kind words. I showed your review to Nadia and she as well as I was very appreciative. I was thrilled to hear you found the lobby beautiful, and the guestroom clean, comfortable and elegant. We are very excited to hear you will return often and look forward to having you as a guest whenever you do.

Chatham, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The minute you enter the lobby your know that you are in a first class property. You will not be disappointed, the rooms are nicely decorated, clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel provides a nice continental plus breakfast. There are 2 restaurants at the hotel one which provides fine dining , and the other which has a bar menu with casual dining.

Room Tip: If the occasional sound of train whistle bothers you ask for a room where you will not hear the soun...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for saying we are a first class, nicely decorated property with clean and well maintained rooms, a good complimentary breakfast and helpful and friendly staff. We appreciate your business and kind words and look forward to having you as a guest whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Rockaway, New Jersey
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I recently stayed here for my birthday and got the birthday package, what a deal! When I walked in the hotel I was thrilled to see how beautiful it was. The fireplace was a nice touch. Because it was my birthday they upgraded me. The room was AMAZING! They had a huge continental breakfast and it was delicious. The staff was so friendly and Rebecca was great. I definitely will be returning again! No wonder why they are number one in the Morristown area!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Happy Birthday! I am glad to hear you chose to celebrate with us. It was a pleasure reading that you found the breakfast delicious, the room amazing and the staff friendly. I will be sure to make sure Rebecca sees your post. I know she will be very appreciative. We look forward to you returning and we hope to see you soon.

Canton, Georgia
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This 75 year old hotel has maintained all the warmth and hospitality of a bygone era, but has incorporated all the technology that our modern life demands. What a great weekend with superb food and service. Don't miss this outstanding establishment if you ever visit Morristown and its surrounds. Great venue for weddings!

Room Tip: All the rooms, especially on the fourth floor, are void of any traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your business and your kind words. We all really appreciate it. We look forward to having you as a guest whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Scott McArthur
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
Hyatt Regency Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!