The Madison Hotel
$152
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn(Morristown)(Great Value!)
$144
Hotels.com
Hyatt Regency Morristown(Morristown)(Great Value!)
$179
HYATT house Morristown(Morristown)(Great Value!)
$199
Red Carpet Inn(Whippany)
$65
$57
$230
Hampton Inn Parsippany(Parsippany)(Great Value!)
$170
$159
All reviewscontinental breakfastconvent stationred dog tavernold worldhard boiled eggsrod's steak housedrew universitynew yorkbagelsturn down servicefresh fruitbeautiful hotelindoor poololder hotelnj transitwonderful stayinto nyc
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. My husband and I stayed over a Saturday night, and wished we had the time to stay much longer. We checked reviews before coming, and saw some that were not good. I don't know how anyone could ever say something bad about this hotel. Everything was perfect, especially the staff. We ate at the restaurant, Rod's Steakhouse. That too was a great experience. The food, the atmosphere, even the price was just right. And to top off our stay, the free continental breakfast was incredible, fresh fruit,delicious coffee, pastries, Danish, etc., all fresh and high quality. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank tess1114
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you from one former resident of Dutchess County, NY to a current resident. Thanks for making the trip down and staying with us. We all truly appreciate the business. No worries about a few negative comments, although we try to perfect for everyone sometimes we may fall short. In spite of that we have been voted by Trip Advisor guests the number one ranked full service hotel in Morristown for over three years now and we are the number ranked full service hotel in all of Morris County by a wide margin. Thank you for saying we are one of the nicest hotels you have stayed in, with an excellent staff and an incredible free breakfast with fresh, high quality food. In addition, it was great to hear that your dinner in our restaurant Rod's was a great experience. We look forward to you staying with us again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I travel frequently for work and have stayed in pretty much every chain hotel out there. This was a nice alternative to the name brand places. For a 75 year hotel, the rooms have been updated to suit most modern needs - enough power outlets, sound proofing, refreshed bathrooms, full spectrum TV listings (a small thing, but appreciated). On the downside, there were little things that prevented this from being a stellar experience for me: there was a bulb out in the bathroom that was never replaced during my 3 night stay, a dirty glass from room service that was never removed and the internal phone lines to the front desk/room service/etc did not work. As lovely as the hotel is, I'm not sure the high price was reflected in the overall experience. Lastly, as someone who works in emergency services, I have to admit I was not thrilled that the rooms have not been retrofitted with a sprinkler system. I'm sure the hotel is grandfathered in and the cost to retrofit would be excessive, but it's something that would likely keep me from returning - despite the other positives.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BettyS27

Thank you for your feedback. I agree and I apologize that your light bulb was not replaced and your dirty room service glass was not promptly removed. It is not acceptable for our property and I expect more from my team. I have spoken to the two employees involved and feel comfortable that they will not allow it to happen again. The great thing about the issue you brought up is that it is small enough and rare enough that it can be easily corrected. It does not involve cleanliness, service, product or even maintenance (light bulbs burn out at our homes all the time) it simply involves the attention to detail of two individuals. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, as I said as evidenced from all the positive comments the hotel has received it is rare and I feel very comfortable in saying it should not happen again. I was thrilled to hear you found the hotel a nice change from other hotels in our area and you found the rooms updated with adequate power outlets, sound proofing, refreshed bathrooms and many television channels. In regards to safety I myself was a loss prevention coordinator/inspector for a very large well known worldwide hotel chain and I can assure you the hotel is very safe. Our hotel is routinely inspected by local authorities as well as contracted companies that specialize in life safety and they have determined that we meet and or exceed all required safety standards. So please reconsider staying with us, I am sure you will enjoy yourself. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have stayed at the Madison Hotel three times and I love it! Wonderful place! The atmosphere is very peaceful and serene. I especially love ROD'S STEAK AND SEAFOOD GRILLE! Their cinnamon ice cream is to die for! :)

During my most recent stay, there was a lovely young lady at the front desk who made my stay even more enjoyable. Her name is Rebecca. She is awesome. You could not come upon a friendlier or a nicer person to greet you when you come in or to assist you with your needs. :)

Room Tip: In my opinion, the 4th floor is the best as it is the most quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Benjamin K
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We all appreciate your loyalty to the Madison Hotel and Rebecca appreciates the comments you made about her. We hope you will continue to stay with us and eating a Rod's (the cinnamon ice cream will be ready) whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I visited this hotel for a company holiday party. I must say the cocktail hour was EXCELLENT at the event. The dinner was a standard banquet menu/quality and the open bar was okay, premium liqours only for the last hour of the event (ie. cognacs etc.). The typical Captain, Bacardi, Skyy Vodka were served throughout the open bar. We rented a room since we knew about the open bar. I had a king room on the first floor. The bed was SOOO comfortable. Clean room with a nice bathroom and nice toiletry products (tarocco sp?). Old school TV, however, they had more channels than I think I have ever seen at a hotel, so that was great. Compliemtary continental breakfast was definitely a bonus. Didn't go swimming, but it was a nice size indoor pool open until 10pm. I would reccommend this hotel for the banquet/catering facilities and the rooms if you happen to be in the area. One more thing, there was a nice fireplace (real) in the lobby for a cute rustic photo opp.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for recommending our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed yourself and we hope you will stay with us again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Beautiful hotel! Clean, fantastic customer service! They were very helpful when we requested a room change, and did so with a smile. My only complaint is that the breakfast ended too early. Most hotels offer it until at least 11am. Especially since it is only a continental breakfast. And after seeing a show, we returned to the hotel bar (9:45pm) only to find that we could not order anything from the kitchen. Again, most hotels keep the kitchen open a bit longer. (Did not want to head to Rod's) The bartender Elvis was very attentive, and offered us a basket of bread as he knew that we were hungry. I would be reluctant to return for these reasons.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank nanrob2014

Based on your comments I am assuming you stayed with us on a Sunday night. Our two restaurants and room service close at 11PM Monday thru Saturday but due to a history of lack of business late Sunday night we do close at 10PM that one evening. I am sorry those hours did not work for you. I hope you will reconsider staying with us now that you know the hours and the fact you found the hotel beautiful and clean with fantastic customer service. Thank you for allowing me to clarify things for you and we hope to see you again.