The Madison Hotel
$152
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn(Morristown)(Great Value!)
$144
Hyatt Regency Morristown(Morristown)(Great Value!)
$179
HYATT house Morristown(Morristown)(Great Value!)
$199
Red Carpet Inn(Whippany)
$65
$57
$230
Hampton Inn Parsippany(Parsippany)(Great Value!)
$159
Hampton.com
All reviewscontinental breakfastconvent stationred dog tavernold worldhard boiled eggsrod's steak housedrew universitynew yorkbagelsturn down servicefresh fruitbeautiful hotelindoor poololder hotelnj transitwonderful stayinto nyc
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I cannot say enough about the quality of this hotel. I have stayed here several times and continue to be amazed at the high standards this hotel has maintained over the years. They have recently renovated the guest rooms and they have done an outstanding job. The decor is beautiful, the bed is very comfortable and the shower head in the bathroom is fabulous. Commuting into Manhattan is so convenient because the train station is directly across the parking lot from the hotel. The complimentary breakfast is amazing with a great variety of items to choose from. The staff is very friendly and they could not be more accommodating. If you have an opportunity to eat in one of the two restaurants you will have a great dining experience. I would highly recommend staying at this property. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room at this hotel. The suites are very spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for the kind words, we are thrilled to hear you found the décor in the rooms beautiful, bed comfortable, shower head fabulous, complimentary breakfast amazing and the staff friendly. We appreciate you highly recommending us and hope you will stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ. As you said we are located adjacent to a train that quickly and at a reasonable cost delivers you into the heart of NYC. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I never heard of this hotel until the day I was arriving and I must say that this is one of the finest hotels I have ever been in (and I've been in many). The lobby itself is a beautiful romantic place with a fireplace. Actually, it has 2 of them. One in lobby and one outside in the back.

They really make you feel at home here with free complimentary breakfast for everyone and coffee, tea, hot water available 24/7. Aside from that, they also give cookies to you when you check in (I think Cookie Monster lurks here) however because I keep Kosher I couldn't have any. Suffice it to say, this is a service I have yet to see in other hotels even the well known ones.

The rooms are clean and nice. My room had some furniture in it (closets, draws) which I didn't expect and the AC/Heat worked a bit to well. The one caveat I have though is when I took a shower, the shower head fell off hitting me in the head. Not sure how that happened.

Also, the hotel had 2 weddings on the same day and yet they were still very accommodating to my needs which I appreciated I also liked the fact that when you get to the room, they have chocolate waiting for you on the pillows. (or Hershey's stuff in a basket if you get a suite)...

The outside of the hotel looks like it was designed during Colonial times which may explain the classy look but it is designed with that in mind while still keeping up with the times.

I would recommend this to anyone needing a quick place to stay. This hotel cares about you and really goes out of it's way to make you feel like you belong and aside from my one incident, I give kudos to a very well trained staff and management.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your business and we hope you will stay us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I would give The Madison Hotel 5 stars if we visited in any other season other than winter. The lobby is decorated with classic furniture. So is the room. The utilities and bath items are fragrant and cute. Lots of thick towels. Indoor pool, fitness center. Complimentary breakfast is healthy yet delicious. The best whole wheat toast and banana loaf I had ever. Very good coffee. Only thing I'd like to see improving is no central heating. The window unit does blow in hot air but I can't sleep with the noise and the wind. I had to turn the window unit off but by 4 am in the morning it did become too cold in the room.

The Madison is located in historical Morristown. Will be absolutely beautiful in other three seasons.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay. We appreciate your business and we hope you will stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Driving into the Madison for a first time guest will give an impression of a boutique hotel, but going through the reception and navigating the labyrinth of corridors to the various function rooms and restaurants quickly turns this to excitement.

The various 'coaches' used for private diners and meetings lend credence to the history behind the Madison. With efficient staff and good cuisine, the 2 day stay was indeed exciting. it could do though with an expansion of the Menu list and better arrangement for breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. I am glad you found the staff efficient, the food good and the property exciting. We hope you will stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ in the future.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

As a meeting organizer by trade, my expectations for a local hotel for a meeting group of less than 100 were minimal. The Madison Hotel was one of the most professional, effective, efficient and enjoyable venues I've come across in years.

From organizing months before with the event staff right through to check out after the 2 day meeting, there wasn't a minute that the staff, catering, banquet, front desk and facility services ever disappointed.

Room reservations were treated as a priority for our meeting attendees. Rooms were quiet, extremely comfortable and sparkling. Meeting facility reservations were painless right from the beginning. Setup, food, beverage, reception environment, speaker program room and audio visual ~ all flawless.

If there was a question or an unanticipated need or request (lighting, table changes, av revisions, etc) - any staff approached immediately resolved the issue or contacted the appropriate staff.

From check in to check out ~ this team was on task, willing, responsive and respectful of our group. Not to mention that in the two day time frame, there were constant and numerous other client events, regular hotel guests and a full functioning restaurant all operating at the same time. We never felt that we weren't the first priority and have to assume neither did any of the other groups.

Room Tip: I was in a suite - which I would recommend for size and comfort. With a small 'kitchen' area - offering microwave, automated single serve coffee, fridge and eating area ~ it was quite spacious. Lovely bed and linens with sitting area as well as desk area made the space complete.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stewart B
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for posting comments about your stay on Trip Advisor and for entrusting your group to the team at the hotel. I know how nerve racking that can be and I am thrilled that we not only met your expectations but exceeded them. Your comments were a pleasure to read and I hope you will trust your business with us in the future,