“A Perfect 20th anniversary thanks to the Madison Hotel”
Review of The Madison Hotel

The Madison Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Rod's (1890's then) Steakhouse a few days before our wedding to exchange gifts. That was 2003. For our 20th anniversary we returned, and included a one-night stay at the hotel.
On arrival in the beautiful lobby, we were greeted by very cheerful and professional staff. Our room must have been recently refurbished because it was flawless.
We were pleasantly surprised to find it was still happy hour at the Red Dog Tavern and enjoyed a drink and a tasty snack.
At dinner in the breathtaking dining room we were transported back 20 years; it was amazing. The food was unbelievable. Escargot, beef tenderloin and rack of lamb were all fantastic. When in doubt between medium and medium rare; go with medium rare, I did. Our waiter and even the manager were very welcoming and took the time to make us feel special.
We will be back again but won't wait 20 years to do it. Our son turns 16 this month and loves rack of lamb.
Thanks for a great experience.
Don

Room Tip: Renovations are in progress. We were lucky; ask for an updated room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Happy Anniversary, I am thrilled that we were able to be such a big part of your families life. I also would like to wish your son a happy birthday. Let him know the rack of lamb is waiting for him. It was nice to hear you found the newly renovated bathrooms flawless and the food unbelievable. We appreciate your comments and look forward to having you and your family as our guests much more in the future.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We have stayed at this beautiful hotel many times and it is always a treat. But we noticed (and so have fellow Trip Advisor reviewers) that the rooms, and especially the bathrooms, needed a facelift. Happy to report the bathrooms are being renovated. We were fortunate to have stayed recently in a redone room. Great shower! Such an improvement. Keep it up, Madison Hotel. See you again, soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Although not quite "Fernando's Hideaway" I was thrilled to see that you loved our new bathrooms and especially the shower experience. Thank you again for being loyal to The Madison Hotel and we look forward to having you as a guest whenever you need to escape NYC for a night away or a great meal. Don't forget we are only a short train ride away. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We attended a wedding held there on a Sunday afternoon into evening. The ceremony and reception were held in a most beautiful glass catering room they call The Conservatory with a cocktail hour in between in an adjacent room meticulously appointed in dark wood. The food and service were outstanding. The room in which we spent the evening was beautiful with a king bed that was one of the most comfortable in which I've ever slept. The room also had great wifi broadband and not just a flat screen TV, but a hi-definition signal also; which doesn't seem to happen too many times in other hotels. The restaurants were MAGNIFICENT. They were decorated with a Roaring 20's charm that made you feel like a Vanderbilt or a Rockefeller. The Menu was outstanding at Rod's Steak and Seafood Grill. The lobby is warm and inviting and the staff is attentive. Coffee is available there all day and a free breakfast till 10:00 Although I did not have the opportunity to use it, the glass enclosed swimming pool too, was very attractive and well maintained. If this hotel is within a comfortable distance to your destination I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for highly recommending The Madison Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the bed and found our two restaurants magnificent. I hope you will stay with us again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Madison from Monday the 22nd until Sunday the 28th. From beginning to end we were treated great. Scott the GM is very much in tune with the guests and that goes a long way with me(thanks for the baseball schedule Scott). The place was clean,elegant and quiet.the remodeled bathrooms were very nice. The continental breakfast was great. The pool and fitness area was nice and always clean. Our room was always cleaned in a timely manner and it was done right. If I was forced to come up with one complaint it would be the lack of vending machines but to me that's a small thing when compared to the absolutely wonderful experience that Scott and the rest of the staff gave us. We will be back and I strongly recommend anyone looking to stay in the area to give this fantastic hotel a try. Thanks for everything Scott and staff.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your kind words and thank you for staying with us. It was a pleasure meeting you two and hopefully we will see each other again in the near future or whenever you feel the need to visit NYC or northern NJ. I am sorry you did not get to see the Somerset Patriots but if you let me know when you are coming again I can let you know what is going on in the area. Travel safe, see you soon and if you need anything just let me know.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Beautiful building, the room was spacious and equipped with everything the traveller might need. The staff were very polite and helpful. Breakfast was good. We spent one night there and did not have much time for more impressions. Wish I had stayed longer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you found the hotel "Great" and hope that you will stay with us again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ. The next time we also hope you can stay a little longer.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

On July 12, 2013 our wedding was held at the Madison Hotel. Everything was perfect. They staff was amazing and very very helpful and the rooms was beautiful. Most of the people who were coming to our wedding were staying at the hotel and they enjoyed their stay as well.
The breakfast in the morning was great!

LOVED the madison hotel. I would recommend anyone who is considering on a wedding to pick this location cause everything was just fantastic :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words and more importantly thank you for allowing us to be a part of your celebration. Congratulations and best wishes for a healthy and happy life together. Please remember we are here for you and hope you will visit us again whenever you need a place to eat, celebrate or just get away. Thank you again, we look forward to having you as a guest again in the near future.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great building, nice room. Door man served business people, since we were visiting a near by college we apparently did not deserve help with our bags. Restaurant on premise which is nice, as well as a nice pool. Clean room, beautiful lobby. So so breakfast.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. I apologize for my door persons behavior. That is not acceptable. However, I am glad you enjoyed the building, room, lobby and restaurant. If you would be so kind to let me know what night you stayed with us I will address it with the door person that was on duty. Thanks again and I hope you will stay with us again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Scott McArthur

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
Hyatt Regency Morristown
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!