The Madison Hotel
$152
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn(Morristown)(Great Value!)
$144
Hotels.com
Hyatt Regency Morristown(Morristown)(Great Value!)
$179
Hotels.com
HYATT house Morristown(Morristown)(Great Value!)
$199
$230
Hilton.com
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness center
All reviewscontinental breakfastconvent stationred dog tavernold worldhard boiled eggsrod's steak housedrew universitynew yorkbagelsturn down servicefresh fruitbeautiful hotelindoor poololder hotelnj transitwonderful stayinto nyc
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Got an excellent rate from Expedia to stay here on business and was glad I decided to follow through with it.

Only really interacted with the front desk and room service but everyone I spoke with was friendly, helpful and professional.

Room was in pretty good shape, A/C worked well, and the TV was fine (albiet a little outdated and limited channels). The wireless internet went down a few times for about an hour or so a few days of the ten but it was free and fast, in a day and age where top hotels charge for crummy wi-fi, free fast internet was much appreciated! The breakfast is decent enough, there's no hot options but the pastries and croissants are good and the coffee was a very nice brew. The location is okay, there are two decent restaurants on the property and it's just a bit of a saunter to Morristown proper or Chatham to find somewhere to eat.

Interior was lovely especially the lobby area and although it's near train tracks I only heard a train once and that was outside in the parking lot. The only "problems" I ran in to were on arrival in the room, the housekeeper forgot a wet washcloth that was hanging over the shower from the previous resident. Kind of gross but not a major issue. And there seems to be an incredible door slamming epidemic amongst the guests.

It was an enjoyable 10 days, and I'm disappointed about two things, the first that I didn't bring a swimsuit to enjoy the pool in, and second that the hotel was fully booked for next week when I'd be back and couldn't stay again because I certainly would be more than happy to stay at the Madison again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

We wish you could have stayed longer too. Thank you for you business and your kind words about the staff. Sorry we could not accomodate you again this week but we hope you will keep us in mind whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at The Madison Hotel over Labor Day weekend. Having planned to stay in NYC, but finding the rates rather staggering for any place I would consider staying, I called the Madison to find they had an awesome weekend rate. Plus, a train to NYC is just off premises. So I did get into New York to enjoy a show, dinner, and more. The train was comfortable and made for a stress-free journey into the city. The room at the hotel is clean, comfortable, and met my needs. A complementary continental breakfast is offered. Not liking a continental breakfast, I was pleasantly surprised by what was provided. My lady and I were happy we stayed at The Madison.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Journeyman55

Thank you for your business and for discovering what we consider one of our best qualities and that is our proximity to the train station. For a fraction of the cost to stay in NYC you can stay with us and avoid the hassles of driving and parking in NYC. In addition, we provide complimentary parking, wi-fi and breakfast (which you were pleasanty surprised by). We hope you will stay with us again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Very pretty historic hotel however the room we had felt like any other hotel room. The room was clean but a bit run-down (in terms of age). It's worth it to look at a map site and get good directions. We had quite a time looking for the place because we thought it was much closer to the main area of town.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for posting comments about your stay on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ. FYI, the train located directly behind our hotel will take you into NYC, Madison or Morristown in just a few minutes at a very reasonable cost.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had our 40th anniversary party in the Conservatory and stayed overnight at the hotel. The staff couldn't have been more accomodating to get us checked in and have a small room available for us to set up for the actual event. Joe Zimmerman, our coordinator was unbelievable. He was so kind and had everything planned out to the last detail. The front desk staff was exceptional! Can't say enough good things about this place. All of our guest were so impressed. Food was great as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Happy Anniversary!!! 40 YEARS? That is wonderful. Best wishes for many, many more. Thank you for sharing your special occasion with us. Joe and the front desk staff appreciate your comments and we are thrilled that all of your guests were impressed. We hope you visit us again and celebrate all of your special occcasions with us.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have traveled the country for my job and stayed at all types of places. I loved this place! First of all it has character. It is not your typical mass-produced chain hotel where they all look and feel the same. It was classy, elegant, cool. From the courtyard to lobby to the restaurant Rod's Steakhouse and the new Casual Tavern. The service was top notch. We were checked in early by a wonderfully friendly staff member who got us in a King Sized room because the booking service I used had me in a handicapped room. Everyone we came in contact with in the establishment was great except for a grumpy morning desk clerk but Ill let that slide. The pool and hot tub was great. I loved the exercise room. Top quality gym equipment: two ellipticals, two treadmills and two bikes as well as weights and a sit up ball.The room was nice, the bed comfy. So what that there was a little wear that I noticed and an old style TV? Didn't bother me at all. The causal bar was great as we had shared a tasty appetizer platter and a beer from a fantastic draft list and a good selection of wine by the glass. The continental breakfast had fresh fruit,blueberries,cereal selections coffee and many other baked goodies that I do not eat but looked good. I left there feeling wonderful about my experience and wish I had that more often at places I stay.

Room Tip: It is a quiet area - you cant go wrong with wherever you stay.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words about the Madison Hotel. I was happy to hear you found the hotel classy, elegant and cool with top notch service, nice rooms with comfy beds, a great hot tub, pool, restaurant and breakfast selection. We appreciate your business and hope we will have many more opportunities to leave you feeling wonderful about your experience after you leave.