“FANTASTIC”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
“FANTASTIC”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had our 40th anniversary party in the Conservatory and stayed overnight at the hotel. The staff couldn't have been more accomodating to get us checked in and have a small room available for us to set up for the actual event. Joe Zimmerman, our coordinator was unbelievable. He was so kind and had everything planned out to the last detail. The front desk staff was exceptional! Can't say enough good things about this place. All of our guest were so impressed. Food was great as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Happy Anniversary!!! 40 YEARS? That is wonderful. Best wishes for many, many more. Thank you for sharing your special occasion with us. Joe and the front desk staff appreciate your comments and we are thrilled that all of your guests were impressed. We hope you visit us again and celebrate all of your special occcasions with us.

Scott McArthur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paradise, null, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have traveled the country for my job and stayed at all types of places. I loved this place! First of all it has character. It is not your typical mass-produced chain hotel where they all look and feel the same. It was classy, elegant, cool. From the courtyard to lobby to the restaurant Rod's Steakhouse and the new Casual Tavern. The service was top notch. We were checked in early by a wonderfully friendly staff member who got us in a King Sized room because the booking service I used had me in a handicapped room. Everyone we came in contact with in the establishment was great except for a grumpy morning desk clerk but Ill let that slide. The pool and hot tub was great. I loved the exercise room. Top quality gym equipment: two ellipticals, two treadmills and two bikes as well as weights and a sit up ball.The room was nice, the bed comfy. So what that there was a little wear that I noticed and an old style TV? Didn't bother me at all. The causal bar was great as we had shared a tasty appetizer platter and a beer from a fantastic draft list and a good selection of wine by the glass. The continental breakfast had fresh fruit,blueberries,cereal selections coffee and many other baked goodies that I do not eat but looked good. I left there feeling wonderful about my experience and wish I had that more often at places I stay.

Room Tip: It is a quiet area - you cant go wrong with wherever you stay.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about the Madison Hotel. I was happy to hear you found the hotel classy, elegant and cool with top notch service, nice rooms with comfy beds, a great hot tub, pool, restaurant and breakfast selection. We appreciate your business and hope we will have many more opportunities to leave you feeling wonderful about your experience after you leave.

San Diego, CA
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have a place in my heart for this hotel because I love historical hotels. Unlike business hotels, they are so homey and the staff are usually very nice and not pretentious. This would be 4 stars, except for the room that I got was a bit smelly with non-stop air conditioning. I felt the hallways were a bit cold too, there was just too much AC going on. The conservatory room is beautiful and the restaurant is top notch. It was kind of away from the downtown area of Morristown, but definitely very close to the train (although it would be faster to drive there from Newark than take the train). Bed was great and free breakfast was great.

A good place to stay, but there are a few better in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your business and for your comments. It was nice to see that you found the hotel homey with nice staff, great beds, a top notch restaurant and a nice complimentary cold breakfast buffet. Those items you mentioned as well as many others including complimentary wi-fi and local transportation is what makes us the number 1 ranked hotel on Trip Advisor in Morristown and one of only a very few 4.5 star full service hotels in our part of the state. I am sorry your room had a smell, we would have been happy to move you and I would love to hear more about the air conditioning. If you could either call or email me I would appreciate it. Were you not able to turn the unit off? That would have warmed the room up a bit. I look forward to speaking with you for more specifics and hope you will stay with us again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ. My contact info is listed below if you would not mind clarifying your comment about the air conditioning.

862-345-5500
smcarthur@themadisonhotel.com
Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This place is steps to the NJ Transit train if you are coming/going by public transport. The hotel is nice and has a lovely lobby/sitting area as well as a nice outdoor patio one can sit at/enjoy breakfast. The breakfast that is provided is good and substantial (hard boiled eggs, cereal, bagels, yogurt, fruit, etc). They have complimentary coffee and tea out all day.

The room was spacious and clean and the rooms have complimentary wi-fi.

The staff here is lovely and seem to go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. There is onsite dining at Rod's Steak & Seafood Grille (a more upscale option) and at the Red Dog Tavern (a more casual option). I enjoyed the food and hospitality at the Red Dog (I didn't eat at Rod's, but it looked great!) In addition, you can purchase snacks, waters, etc. at the front desk for very reasonable prices.

I know the weekend that I was there, they were hosting a wedding, but I enjoyed good night's sleep and if there were any loud guests or partygoers, I certainly didn't hear them (as one often does at other hotels!)

I did not go in the pool, but there is one on site and it looked clean from my vantage point and people were in it. It is not terribly big.

I would recommend a stay here if you are in the area, and if I found myself in this area again, I would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for posting comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. I am glad you said you would recommend us and would definitely return and appreciate your comments about our lobby, complimentary wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, clean spacious rooms and lovely staff. We look forward to you staying with us again.

General Manager.
Lima, Peru
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed in this hotel one night with my family being a very nice experience. 100% recommended!!!!. The surrounding area has spectacular views and a train station a few meters away. The atmosphere is very quiet and the facilities are of excellent quality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, we truly appreciate your business as well as your comments about our hotel. Thank you for recommending us 100% and for saying we have a great hotel with excellent quality. I hope you will stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel with a nice resturant and bar right on site. The customer sevice is exceptional. The rates are reasonable and you can catch the train to New York right behind the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Morristown area.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for saying we have a great hotel with a nice restaurant and exceptional service. That really means a lot. I appreciate you recommending us and hope you will stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Genera Manager
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was very impressed with The Madison--the staff, the accommodations, and the price. For way less than a decent Manhattan hotel, I got all the room and location amenities I wanted, including two nice restaurants and takeout galore, with only an hourlong trip directly into the City (with no stops if you time it right); the train station is literally a few steps away, and the New Jersey Transit schedule is easy to navigate and has a multitude of options in terms of times to leave and come back. I was able to stay an entire week, feel pampered and safe, and get all the extra towels and paper goods and pillows I annoyingly requested every day, and come back with more in my wallet than had I stayed 2-3 nights in Manhattan. The hotel is very nicely appointed, I found all the people who work there to be friendly and helpful, and I couldn't have been more pleased. Thank you, Madison! I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on a high floor away from the elevator on the church side of the hotel, which f...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Nicole G
Thank you for staying with us and for posting comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate it. I am glad you were able to take in the sights and sounds of NYC while you stayed with us. Our hotel truly is a bargain when compared to NYC prices and you were able to get the best of both worlds without the high costs of the city. Thank you for complimenting the staff and the hotel. We look forward to having you as a guest whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Scott McArthur
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
Hyatt Regency Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!