“What a wonderful,relaxing experience”
Review of The Madison Hotel

The Madison Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I loved the Madison. We were invited to a conference in Morris township. The hotel was recommended by the conference host and we were not disappointed. The staff was very accommodating and Diana was the best. I felt like I was staying at a very homey mansion. As we had arrived by train we had no local transportation and staff provided a shuttle to the local Century 21.
My husband determined that attempting to take three trains back to JFk that we would need car service. Karen then arranged for us to be picked up. We have stayed at some very upscale hotels (kimpton, Hilton, Sheraton, etc.) but value for dollar I would have to say The Madison is a Hotel of Excellence.

• Stayed: July 2012
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for posting comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. I am glad you had a wonderful, relaxing experience and that you found the staff accomodating and Dianna the best. In addition, your comment that the Madison Hotel is a "Hotel of Excellence" is much appreciated. We hope you will stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I was at the hotel for 2 weeks and it was quite comfortable/ great workout facility/ wonderful staff/ free wi-fi/ always free, fresh coffee in the lobby/ spacious rooms/ very convenient to Drew University

Room Tip: I prefer first floor - easy access, and closer to spa!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your business and for posting comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate it. Over the two weeks you stayed with us you had many opportunities to experience all that our staff and facility had to offer and it was wonderful to read your qoute, "Great staff and service" because it means that we are consistently providing both a great product and great service which is obviously what we want to do. Thank you again and we look forward to having you as a guest whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at The Madison Hotel while attending an Archivists Conference at Drew University. It is a lovely small hotel with every service and comfort. It also is beautifully decorated and landscaped. The room was spacious and very comfortable.
While there on a Friday and Saturday night, I noted two weddings and was told by one of the guests that The Madison was a popular venue for weddings and anniversary parties. There are two very fine places to eat attached to the Hotel and the train station to Penn Station in New York is one block away at the back of the Hotel. There is a lovely indoor swimming pool and an exercise room. I especially enjoyed the breakfast in the Lobby area. And there are beautiful places to walk. THis hotel is located in a very nice residential area.
The service was friendly and efficient by all of the staff I encountered.
When I come back to the New York area, this is where I will come to stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate it. It was truly a pleasure reading about the things you enjoyed about our property. Thank you for sharing and we look forward to having you as a guest whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

If so, stay at the Madison in Morristown, New Jersey. Lovely hotel. Comfy beds. Quality breakfast with real flatware and dishes. Quiet, clean rooms. Friendly, helpful staff. The courtyard was fabulous, very relaxing and beautiful with lots of flowers and trees. We stayed 2 nights and it was definitely one of the top (if not the top) hotel experiences we've ever had. The pool area was very clean, but a little too warm. This hotel seemed to host lots of weddings, but we weren't bothered at all by the events. We'd definitely return if we're ever in the area again.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the beautiful courtyard. It was a pricey hotel, but we Loved it! There w...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for posting comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed our comfy beds, quality breakfast, quiet and clean rooms as well as our friendly, helpful staff. FYI, the courtyard is one of my favorite things about the property also. You should see it in the spring when the flowers first bloom. I am glad you had such a wonderful experience and look forward to your return if you ever visit NYC or northern NJ again.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We booked a two night stay at the Madison Hotel. My daughter lives in Morristown and the New Jersey transit stop is located just steps away from the hotel. The entrance to the hotel leads to a beautiful lobby, decorated with antiques and beautiful wood paneling. Staff is very friendly. Breakfast buffet is served each morning. You can sit in a lovely courtyard to eat. The room was comfortable, clean and had a complimentary bottle of water. The pool is indoor with lots of sunlight and very nice. The restaurants at the hotel are very good. Large banquet rooms, nice for weddings. My only comment is, walking to our room, the hall had a chemical type smell which is not good for people with asthma. It dissipated over time. The hotel must spay this during the weekends. The room did not have the smell. We enjoyed our stay so much that we decided to stay a third night. Highly recommend! Use Travelocity to book the room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business and your comments. I am glad you had a "Great Experience" and for saying you would highly recommend the Madison Hotel. Thank you for pointing out the clean, comfortable room, nice pool, good restaurants and large meeting rooms as well as mentioning how friendly the staff is. We do our best to make you feel like part of our family and hope you will stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ again.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

My mother and I recently stayed at the Madison Hotel (July, 2012 -- Morristown, N.J.), to attend a wedding. When I called for reservations, they were very friendly and also helpful because I had a number of questions concerning ease of getting into NYC. When I learned there's a train station a minute walk away, I knew it would be perfect.

When we arrived late morning, I was awed at how beautiful the architecture is. We were able to check in immediately - an unexpected bonus as there were a number of events scheduled there for the weekend! And we'd been selected as "Guest of the Day" and received a bag of goodies. The staff was friendly, most helpful with our luggage, and it was nice to be able to get settled in before we headed to the train station. AARP members 62 and up and military folks get a discount on tickets into NYC, by the way. We met up with our friend at Penn Station and enjoyed the rest of the day with her before heading back to the hotel. It was most convenient!

Our room was very nice...rich looking fabrics, extremely clean, Keurig coffee and tea, 24-hour coffee and tea in the lobby, bottles of water provided, beds (two queen) turned down with small chocolates. The lobby is beautiful, the fireplace mantle a centerpiece (mahogany, and one of only a few built by Louis Tiffany), and though we didn't have the opportunity to dine in their restaurant (Rod's), it is adorned with historical elements and the menu looked yummy! A great selection of foods for their continental breakfast (breads, danishes, croissants, pastries, bagels, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, hard-boiled eggs, coffee, tea, juice, milk) - I love a place that provides breakfast with your stay! They could use a few more tables as it gets busy in the morning, but many ate in the outside courtyard (quite nice!) where more tables are provided. I used the fitness center while I was there...the cycles and treadmills are of good quality and it was clean.

The wedding and reception were great....the conservatory is beautiful ... the wedding took place here and then was transformed for the reception while we went outside after the ceremony for appetizers. And how nice to just retire to our room when it was time! Beds most comfortable and slept well. Would recommend (in fact, already am!) to anyone and would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for posting comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate it. I am glad you had a "Great Stay" and thank you for recommending our hotel. We hope you will stay with us again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

A flood in our home in a neighboring town forced us to seek a night at a nearby hotel. We called the hotel, explained our situation and asked if there was a room available. We were greeted with pleasant, very compassionate help. We were given the last room available which was a lovely king bed room overlooking the courtyard. When we checked in we were asked if there was anything we needed since we had left our home so quickly. Upon checkout the next morning, again the staff suggested we keep our room until we could decide if we could return to our home. We returned and stayed two more nights. The continental breakfast was very nice but the highlight for sure was the staff. We are singing the praises of the Madison hotel to our friends and family! The hotel is a beautiful, historic gem.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

I am sorry you had to stay with us due to such an unfortunate occurance but I was happy we were able to help you out. More importantly, I hope your home is okay and you did not suffer too big of a loss. We appreciate your kind words about the hotel and staff as well as you "singing the praises" of the hotel to your friends and family and we hope you will be able to stay with us again under better circumstances.

Scott McArthur

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
HYATT house Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!