“Nicely maintained, nice staff”
Review of The Madison Hotel

The Madison Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Mendham, New Jersey
“Nicely maintained, nice staff”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Very nice staff. Very attentive. Clean and well maintained. Smallish pool, but nice overall. Close to train to NYC. Surprisingly large rooms, nice places to eat inside. Not disappointed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thabk you for staying with us and posting comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and feedback. Your comments about the very nice and attentive staff as well as the clean, well maintained, hotel with a nice pool and restaurants is much appreciated. Please stay with us whenever you visit northern NJ or NYC, we would love to have you as a guest again.

Scott McArthur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2012

This well maintained hotel offers well furnished, large rooms and an unusually nice continental breakfast. There are also two excellent restaurants on the property. The hotel is next to the Convent train station with direct service to New York's Penn Station. There are conference facilities. This would be an excellent place for a company retreat or meeting if meeting planners are looking to "away from it all."

The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor, we appreciate it. I am glad you found the hotel well maintained with well furnished large rooms and a nice continental breakfast and hope that you will stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern New Jersey.

Madison, NJ
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My son & I live in Madison, NJ which is right next to Morristown & stayed at the Madison Hotel due to an emergency medical evacuation - the mold in our basement is making my son ill & we needed to stay somewhere while the PROS did their job cleaning up the basement.
We really needed to stay 3 consecutive nights yet MH only had 2 nights yet made notes for subsequent shifts to "look out" for cancellations so that we could continue the stay.
The folks were more than kind in every way & expressed concern for my son's illness as well. Next time we./I go it will be for a much more fun reason!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SpecialKMadison
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for commenting about your stay on Trip Advisor. We look forward to having you and your family as our guests in the future. I hope your home was cleaned properly and that your son is feeling much better. When you are ready to return to the Madison Hotel please either email me or call me, I would like the opportunity to introduce myself.

862-345-5500
smcarthur@themadisonhotel.com
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We booked a larger regional meeting for our company this month because of the great service and upscale decor of the hotel. The ballroom is excellent for any event and the staff is courteous and professional. Close to the NJT Convent Station, it is convenient for anyone coming in from New York City. And Rod's, the restaurant attached to the hotel, is first class all the way.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty to The Madison Hotel, your business and comments are much appreciated. I am glad you continue to find courteous and professional staff providing great service because it shows that we are consistent in delivering our promise to our guests of providing the BEST service, cleanest hotel, and friendliest staff to everyone we come in contact with. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future whenever you visit NYC or northern New Jersey.

Warwick
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Madison many times over the past year, and will continue to make this my first choice for a hotel while in NJ. There are very concrete obvious reasons... the cleanliness of rooms, the wonderful breakfast with fresh blueberries year round, the perfectly heated pool, and of course the access to Rod's Steak and Grille and the Red Dog which can be accessed right from the hotel. Mitch's piano playing only adds to the relaxed atmosphere in the bar.
However, there is an intangible aspect to the Madison that differentiates it from the rest. I had the unfortunate experience to fall ill during one of my stays. Alone, and out of state, this could have been a true emergency. However, the great staff went out of their way to assist me in obtaining medication. They called to check on me several times offering any assistance. That is the something you don't have elsewhere.... they care about their guests, well beyond our comfort and making sure we have towels.
I will never forget their kindness during my healthy and not so healthy moments.

Room Tip: I have stayed here and really couldn't select one room over the other. I have had wonderful expe...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
I trust and hope you have recovered from your illness. That being said, I could not be any happier with your review. Thank you!!! A hotel is just a building unless you fill it with truly caring, service oriented employees who consider the work they do more then just a job. I have been blessed with a truly extraordinary staff that has responded well to my established expectations and standards and in the process they have really created a special place to stay. You have stayed with us multiple times so by now you know it is genuine, thanks for recognizing it and please continue to stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Boynton Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We loved the Madison Hotel near Madison, New Jersey. The staff were professional and very accommodating in all respects. The restaurants are top notch. Very well maintained and attractive. Easy access by train to all points in Northern NJ and NYC. We'll stay there again.

Room Tip: Courtyard view rooms are quiet and pleasant. Room service is expensive, but very good. The free brea...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. The team and I are thrilled that you find our hotel well maintained and attractive with top notch restaurants and very professional and accomodating employees. We take a tremendous amount of pride in maintaining our hotel and keeping it very clean as well as ensuring our staff is naturally very service oriented. Thank you for noticing it and for mentioning it. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Wanaque, NJ
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel. We selected it because of the connecting restaurant & lounge. The rooms are clean & comfortable. Our room was near the pool & had a slight odor of smoke & chlorine, next time I would ask for a room in a different location. We had dinner at Rod's & drinks later in the lounge. They have entertainment every weekend in the lounge. They've added a second more casual restaurant & lounge which we will try next time. They had several events going on while we were there but it didn't interfere with our stay at all. After the events ended the lounge got pretty busy which lead to a lot of laughs. The hotel offers a great free continental breakfast in their very comfortable lobby. I even noticed several iPads in the lobby available for use. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for posting your comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. I was happy to hear you would recommend our hotel and glad you found the rooms clean and comfortable and thought the complimentary cold buffet breakfast was great. I hope you will continue to stay with us whenever you visit northern NJ or NYC and have a chance to try the Red Dog Tavern and use the Kindle Fire's available in the lobby for all to use.

Scott McArthur
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
Hyatt Regency Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!