“Continued excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Continued excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

We booked a larger regional meeting for our company this month because of the great service and upscale decor of the hotel. The ballroom is excellent for any event and the staff is courteous and professional. Close to the NJT Convent Station, it is convenient for anyone coming in from New York City. And Rod's, the restaurant attached to the hotel, is first class all the way.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty to The Madison Hotel, your business and comments are much appreciated. I am glad you continue to find courteous and professional staff providing great service because it shows that we are consistent in delivering our promise to our guests of providing the BEST service, cleanest hotel, and friendliest staff to everyone we come in contact with. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future whenever you visit NYC or northern New Jersey.

Scott McArthur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Warwick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Madison many times over the past year, and will continue to make this my first choice for a hotel while in NJ. There are very concrete obvious reasons... the cleanliness of rooms, the wonderful breakfast with fresh blueberries year round, the perfectly heated pool, and of course the access to Rod's Steak and Grille and the Red Dog which can be accessed right from the hotel. Mitch's piano playing only adds to the relaxed atmosphere in the bar.
However, there is an intangible aspect to the Madison that differentiates it from the rest. I had the unfortunate experience to fall ill during one of my stays. Alone, and out of state, this could have been a true emergency. However, the great staff went out of their way to assist me in obtaining medication. They called to check on me several times offering any assistance. That is the something you don't have elsewhere.... they care about their guests, well beyond our comfort and making sure we have towels.
I will never forget their kindness during my healthy and not so healthy moments.

Room Tip: I have stayed here and really couldn't select one room over the other. I have had wonderful expe...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
I trust and hope you have recovered from your illness. That being said, I could not be any happier with your review. Thank you!!! A hotel is just a building unless you fill it with truly caring, service oriented employees who consider the work they do more then just a job. I have been blessed with a truly extraordinary staff that has responded well to my established expectations and standards and in the process they have really created a special place to stay. You have stayed with us multiple times so by now you know it is genuine, thanks for recognizing it and please continue to stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Boynton Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

We loved the Madison Hotel near Madison, New Jersey. The staff were professional and very accommodating in all respects. The restaurants are top notch. Very well maintained and attractive. Easy access by train to all points in Northern NJ and NYC. We'll stay there again.

Room Tip: Courtyard view rooms are quiet and pleasant. Room service is expensive, but very good. The free brea...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. The team and I are thrilled that you find our hotel well maintained and attractive with top notch restaurants and very professional and accomodating employees. We take a tremendous amount of pride in maintaining our hotel and keeping it very clean as well as ensuring our staff is naturally very service oriented. Thank you for noticing it and for mentioning it. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Wanaque, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel. We selected it because of the connecting restaurant & lounge. The rooms are clean & comfortable. Our room was near the pool & had a slight odor of smoke & chlorine, next time I would ask for a room in a different location. We had dinner at Rod's & drinks later in the lounge. They have entertainment every weekend in the lounge. They've added a second more casual restaurant & lounge which we will try next time. They had several events going on while we were there but it didn't interfere with our stay at all. After the events ended the lounge got pretty busy which lead to a lot of laughs. The hotel offers a great free continental breakfast in their very comfortable lobby. I even noticed several iPads in the lobby available for use. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and for posting your comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. I was happy to hear you would recommend our hotel and glad you found the rooms clean and comfortable and thought the complimentary cold buffet breakfast was great. I hope you will continue to stay with us whenever you visit northern NJ or NYC and have a chance to try the Red Dog Tavern and use the Kindle Fire's available in the lobby for all to use.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed one night at the Madison Hotel. The lobby was very nice and facilities were well maintained. Room did not have a safe or refrigerator but was clean. The elevators were not working during my stay and inquired to employee who told me to take the stairs, very matter of the fact. I was on the 4th floor and luckily in decent shape so taking the stairs frequently was not a problem. View from room was of the roof of adjoining building. Room across from mine had employee's coming in and out frequently and the door was slamming constantly during the day. The desk was small for working but appreciated the free Wi-Fi. They did have a continental breakfast but it was overun by college kids, in the middle of the week?

Employees could use have more customer service skills but stay was decent. Room was clean and safe and price was good. I did use the treadmill in the gym area...glad to work out, besides taking the stairs!!

Room Tip: I would probably stay on the 3rd floor instead of the 4th so that you would not have the roof view.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for your business and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. I am glad you found the hotel nice, safe, well maintained with clean rooms and were able to take advantage of our complimentary wi-fi. Sorry you did not get a chance to enjoy our complimentary cold breakfast buffet. As you can see from other guests who have posted comments on Trip Advisor it is truly special with offerings much better then your standard complimentary continental breakfast offered at other hotels. I was working the day the elevators were not working and to clarify what happened, the surrounding area and part of the hotel (including the elevators) suffered a power outage due to an accident and when it happened we had hundred's of guests in our meeting rooms, dozens of guests in our two restaurants, and an unknown number of guests staying with us. The team quickly sprung into action and ensured that no one was stuck on the elevators, we handed out flashlights and other battery operated lighting fixtures to anyone in need and of course answered all the questions that come up when something like this happens at a busy property. I guess in the middle of all this one of the employees forgot their manners and for that I apologize. It is not acceptable and not normal as evidenced from the many postings on Trip Advisor praising our team. I hope you stay with us again whenever you visit northern NJ or NYC, I am sure you will have a better experience.

Danbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed overnight for a wedding. And the room we got was very close to the pool which was a good thing for us since we wanted to do some exercise before attending the wedding. The room had all the things we needed in a standard room. Everything was functioning well...the TV, the shower, the drain in the shower and sink, the lights and so forth. The only setback of the room is that you can easily here the sound of the train coming from the station nearby.
The food was a lot (in the wedding). The staff was also friendly enough during our stay. We had a complimentary breakfast also which had quite a bit of a selection I think. Not bad at all.

Room Tip: If you want less noise, I guess get a room on the upper levels.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank graceandmercy
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, I hope you enjoyed the wedding. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again whenever you visit northern NJ or NYC.

Manlius, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Have stayed at The Madison several times while visiting FDU. Staff is extremely friendly, rooms are clean, and the complimentary morning breakfast is incredible.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank steven W
Thank you for posting comments about your experience at the Madison Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you stay with us whenever you visit FDU and hope that you will continue. I was thrilled to read your comments about the hotel; extremely friendly staff, clean rooms and incredible complimentary breakfast. Thank you again for your business and please come back again.

Scott McArthur
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!