“Very good homestyle italian”

Guerriero's Ristorante
Ranked #16 of 172 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2012

The food is what brings me back. Its always very good and the service is warm and friendly. The decor could use some help but i can overlook that as long as the food stays this good.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Always busy, great food and good service. Owner is very friendly and couldn't be any nicer. All the locals love this place. Note that it is cash only! We have eaten here 10 times in the last 12 months.

Date of visit: January 2012
Reviewed December 22, 2011

You definitely have to try Guerriero's. The food is amazing. Michael the waiter is awesome and listen to his recommendations. Jack Guerriero is the owner that makes you feel like family. We always enjoy his company as he walks by to chat. A real gentleman and a great place for Italian food. The roasted garlic in olive oil with peccorino Romano they give with the bread is amazingly delicious. Eduardo of Clifton.

Date of visit: December 2011
1  Thank EduardoOfClifton
Reviewed August 19, 2011

New to Morristown area and chose Guerriero's just by chance. A good find. Food is solid home cooking. Service is VERY good. The EVOO was seasoned perfectly. Just wish the bread was a little better.

Date of visit: August 2011
1  Thank ladydeexyz011
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We "found" Guerriero's just over a year ago and it has easily become our favorite restaurant. We've been there many times now and have never had a bad dish. Usually, I want to go back again the next day - we don't of course, but I am still remembering the meal for one or two days later. This is the only restaurant I rave to our friend and family about. I almost didn't write a review because I don't want it to get too popular so that we have trouble getting in - that's how consistenly good it is. I honestly don't have any connection with the restaurant, the owners or the staff other than they have always been friently and welcoming whenever we've been there. The owner makes a point to come around to every table for a minute or so to talk with everyone in a very pleasant and welcoming way. Two things to be aware of is that they don't take reservations for 2 people, but are always able to seat you fairly quickly. Also they don't take credit cards - this is the big thing to be aware of and they should do a better job of informing people since that's not typical. Otherwise the food and atmosphere are fantastic.

On our recent dining experience, we split the mussels appetizer which was in a garlic, tomato and white-wine broth which was excellent. I especially recommend dipping the bread from the table in the broth for a great treat. I had the blank ink pasta with seafood which I've had before and was fantastic again. My wfie had the pasta bolonese with a great flavorful meaty heartiness. Both portions were generous and we ended up taking the leftovers home to enjoy again the next day. Just writing this review makes me want to go there tonight.

Date of visit: August 2011