“Affordable and comfortable”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Portland, Oregon
“Affordable and comfortable”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is much cheaper than other local choices. The rooms are very nice although the beds are a little firm for my liking. For the price, you get a great value. When I checked in, they had wine tastings available from a local winery. Staff is courteous and the free breakfast was good as well. I would recommend this if you just need a low cost option. The hotel was very loud due to the road noise - that is probably the only downside.

• Stayed September 2012
Hallerae, General Manager at Best Western Plus Morristown Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts on our hotel. In addition to our fim beds, we offer very plush pillowtop beds that most of our guest seem to really enjoy. The next time you are here please request a room with a pillowtop bed. We're glad you enjoyed the wine tasting and breakfast. In case you are not aware, this New Jersey wine has won many awards in blind tastings against some French wines. Hope to see you again on your next trip.
Jim Hecox
Best Western Morristown Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Southlake, Texas
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I recently stayed at the Best Western Morristown Inn for a business and get-away trip. The staff was friendly and helpful. One employee seemed to always be on the phone, but she put her calls on hold to help. Originally, the hotel could only confirm 2 nights of my 3 night trip. They worked with me to make sure I got first option if they had a cancellation. They called me to confirm I could have the room for the 3rd night. My room was comfortable, clean and attractive. Breakfast each morning had good options including omelets, waffles and quicker service items. Staff were really helpful and nice. I loved the location. It was a few blocks to the main area of town with restaurants, shops, a large park - great to go for a walk after work, sit outside and have dinner in a charming area. It was sometimes hard to park as there is construction underway, but, once it is finished, the changes will be good. This hotel is an excellent choice if you enjoy the things listed above.

Room Tip: I was close to the elevator and storage closets. It was a bit noisy one morning. Suggest staying at...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KathySL
new york, ny
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed her while attending a family reunion in Morristown. When we checked in, the woman behind the desk looked like she would rather kill herself than actually help us. In fact, she ignored us for several minutes (granted, she was on the phone) until another employee came to the front desk to help us. The first woman never even acknowledged us. The second individual, despite being very slow, was at least pleasant and trying to help us. The room was standard, but it was clean. Bathroom could be updated and the hot water kept turning cold during both mine & my husband's showers. The room did come with a free breakfast buffet, which we were excited about. There was an omelette station & a belgian waffle maker, which was nice, but it was overall lackluster.
If we had to stay in Morristown again, I would perhaps look elsewhere, but if in a pinch, this hotel will suffice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hallerae, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Morristown Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us. It is very disappointing to hear your experience with us did not meet your expectations. Although we invest alot of time training our staff on how to acknowledge the guest when they are busy assisting another guest, we clearly missed our mark with your check in. We sincerely apologize for this and hope you would consider giving us another chance the next time you come to Morristown. I am glad you felt the room was clean. We are very proud of our high Best Western inspection scores and have recently been given the "ultra clean" designation. Please feel free to contact me directly if you decide to return to the area and I will be happy to upgrade you to one of our deluxe rooms.

Regards,
Donna Malkowski
Director of Sales & Marketing
BoyleHotels Management Group
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I picked this hotel as a central point where old friends could get together and have alot of fun within walking distance..... and this hotel fit exactly. The town is just down the street and it has a great night life with dinner, clubs, entertainment, and a great outdoor atmosphere. I really liked the staff they were friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed the breakfast ...I was really impressed with the service and the quality of the food .. I will definately be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hallerae, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Morristown Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
I am happy to hear you and your friends had such a great time while visiting Morristown. It really is a wonderful town and I do appreciate you giving us such nice compliments. Your experience is exactly what we hope every guest has during their stay with us. I agree with you about the downtown restaurants and nightlife but if you should come back to Morristown again, I hope you can try our very own Hibiscus Restaurant. They offer authentic caribbean and american cuisine and a great jazz line up if you happen to like that type of music.

Looking forward to having you as our guest again.
Donna Malkowski
Director of Sales & Marketing
Boyle Hotels Management Group
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Decided to stay in Morristown because this hotel was at the right price point and the nearby town looked good. There were both good points and bad points with this Best Western . The room was a bit dated - furniture, carpet in room and corridor, bed, walls look like they could use a revamp. Service at the front desk was good though, so were things like free internet and parking and location.

The breakfast staff could really use some improvement though. There was never any staff around, so although there looked to be an egg (?) station or waffle station, no one was ever around to serve them. That left things like freezer burnt english muffins and cereals to eat, nothing too exciting (and bad coffee). When there was staff around, they were completely rude with the clients and sat around doing nothing. Change the breakfast + breakfast staff and this hotel would be much better!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jfbibeau
Hallerae, General Manager at Best Western Plus Morristown Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay although it upsets me to hear your feelings about our breakfast selections and attendants as this is one of the areas we always score very high on. Your comments clearly show we were understaffed and that we need to immediately take a good look at the quality of our products. I do appreciate you complimenting our front desk staff as this is a great motivator for them.

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance the next time you visit Morristown.

Jim Hecox, GM
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel last week with a friend and had a wonderful time. The room was quiet, clean and well appointed. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The hotel is in a great location and the staff is friendly and accommodating. I thorougly enjoyed the restaurant. The food was delicious and the entertainment was fantastic. I could have listened to the duo all night! I highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you had time to experience all we have to offer including our fabulous restaurant, Hibiscus and their top notched jazz night. There are few spots in the area that still offer live music so I am glad you found us and will stay with us again the next time you visit Morristown. The staff and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Jim Hecox, GM
Southern California
Reviewed July 19, 2012

It is a good choice for budget travel. I saw photos of the rooms and they looked spacious. However, it was not. The room would have been fine if I was traveling solo, but for a couple the room/bathroom was smaller than I like. Perhaps the photo was of a suite, but when I asked at the desk I was told that no larger rooms were available. The hotel is very convenient to the Morristown Memorial Hospital. But if you don't mind driving an extra mile then the Madison is much nicer, although a bit more expensive. On the plus side, the Morristown Inn includes breakfast with a made to order omelet -- a nice touch, and the rooms are clean and relatively quiet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know about your experience. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the size of your room. We have many different room types and sizes but during the busy season, the larger rooms do have the tendency to sell out quickly. It sounds like this was the case during your stay. I am happy to hear that you found our location, breakfast and quiet environment pleasant as we do strive to make our guests comfortable.

If you should visit Morristown area, please feel free to contact me directly so I can ensure you are reserved in a more spacious room.

Jim Hecox, General Manager
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#5 of 5 in Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany

Been to Best Western Plus Morristown Inn? Share your experiences!