“Great hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week with a friend and had a wonderful time. The room was quiet, clean and well appointed. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The hotel is in a great location and the staff is friendly and accommodating. I thorougly enjoyed the restaurant. The food was delicious and the entertainment was fantastic. I could have listened to the duo all night! I highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Hallerae, General Manager at Best Western Plus Morristown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you had time to experience all we have to offer including our fabulous restaurant, Hibiscus and their top notched jazz night. There are few spots in the area that still offer live music so I am glad you found us and will stay with us again the next time you visit Morristown. The staff and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Jim Hecox, GM

Reviewed July 19, 2012

It is a good choice for budget travel. I saw photos of the rooms and they looked spacious. However, it was not. The room would have been fine if I was traveling solo, but for a couple the room/bathroom was smaller than I like. Perhaps the photo was of a suite, but when I asked at the desk I was told that no larger rooms were available. The hotel is very convenient to the Morristown Memorial Hospital. But if you don't mind driving an extra mile then the Madison is much nicer, although a bit more expensive. On the plus side, the Morristown Inn includes breakfast with a made to order omelet -- a nice touch, and the rooms are clean and relatively quiet.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know about your experience. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the size of your room. We have many different room types and sizes but during the busy season, the larger rooms do have the tendency to sell out quickly. It sounds like this was the case during your stay. I am happy to hear that you found our location, breakfast and quiet environment pleasant as we do strive to make our guests comfortable.

If you should visit Morristown area, please feel free to contact me directly so I can ensure you are reserved in a more spacious room.

Jim Hecox, General Manager

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here this past weekend with a friend while on vacation. This hotel is charming and comfortable, not your typical Best Western. The rooms were quiet even though we were on a busy street and came with all the convienences. Great restaurant with live music. I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

It sounds like you and your friend had a great vacation in Morristown! I am happy you enjoyed our hotel, restaurant and amenities. Thanks for your great recommendation. We love to hear comments like yours. Hope you will visit us again during your next vacation to Morristown as it has so much to offer including our great history.

Jim Hecox, General Manager

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed here at both the beginning and end of a week (in DC for a conference in between), two nights on each end. Overally, I would say this is a quality hotel, and pretty standard for what would be expected of a Best Western.

The hotel is nothing fancy, but of course the Best Western name should tell you that already. In my first room, I found things a bit run-down and old...not sure if I was in an older section of the hotel, or what the deal was. The people at the front desk were prompt with my check in and getting me proper information.

They have very good high speed internet which is free, and also a free continental breakfast (the coffee was horrible, I'd recommend just getting Starbucks down the street). The website indicated they have a gym, which is technically not true, as they offer you a free pass at a local fitness studio - for me, this was not too convenient as I was leaving early and coming back late from work meetings.

When I came for the second stay, my room was much much nicer - bigger, better furniture, bigger bed, bigger bathroom. And I paid the same rate. The room I was in the second time faced the parking lots - maybe those are better? Not quite sure. But it seems that the rooms differ, so maybe ask to see one or two before you settle on a choice.

Would stay here again if in Morristown - quality stay and nice staff, to boot.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

We thank you for taking the time out to review us. We are terribly sorry that the first leg of your stay with us was less than satisfactory but am happy to hear your enjoyed your new room. Constructive criticism is always appreciated as it helps us improve and provide a better experience for our guests in the future. The hotel has been busy working on a guestroom refurbishment project for the past couple of years and we recognize that some of the rooms still need to be completed, hopefully by the beginning of next year. We apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the fitness center. In addition to our relationship with a state of the art fitness center, Lifetime Fitness, we have our own onsite exercise room located on our lower level. We will make sure the front desk explains this a little clearer in the future. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff as it is always a strong motivation for our team to be recognized. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Donna Malkowski
Director of Sales & Marketing
Boyle Hotels Management Group

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Took advantage of the special rate for NJ Jazzfest. I have fallen in love with downtown Morristown and this hotel makes it very accessible (if you're in good walking condition). While I don't have much to add that other reviewers haven't already said, I enjoyed our stay so much that we booked another getaway for August. The only thing that could make my stay any better was to have a refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

I first want to thank you for staying with us and I also thank you for your fantastic review! We are very pleased to hear you had so much fun while staying with us earlier this month and do appreciate you coming back in August. I personally attended Jazzfest and had a wonderful time as well. Additionally, thank you for your suggestion regarding putting refrigerators in the rooms. We hope to remedy this by the end of the year. If you would like to have a mini fridge in your room when you return in August, please let the front desk know so we can ensure we place one in your room. We look forward to seeing you again in August!

Donna Malkowski
Director of Sales & Marketing
Boyle Hotels Management Group

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel with my family when we all went to the Steve Tyrell concert. The rooms are spacious and the efficiency kitchens are perfect. I would certainly recommend this hotel to everyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful comments. The entire staff appreciates them. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the Steve Tyrell concert at the Mayo Theatre with your family. I heard from others that he put on a great show. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Morristown.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed recently at the Best Western Plus for business and was very pleased. The small "inn-like" atmosphere was very peaceful and accomodating. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we asked for restaurant recommendations. The hotel is located near a quaint downtown area. The FREE breakfast buffet was delicious.

The room was large and very clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very nice. Overall I have no complaints about my stay and would highly recommend this Best Western to anyone that is planning a trip to Morristown, NJ

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SoxfanCT63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#3 of 5 in Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Best Western Plus Morristown Inn? Share your experiences!