“Superb Dining Experience”
Review of Chef Fredy's Table

Chef Fredy's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Fredy's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 160 Restaurants in Morristown
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cattano Avenue
Description: Chef Fredy's Table in Morristown lives up to its reputation for serving excellent New American cuisine in an elegant and comfortable atmosphere. Our menu features many dishes that are beer influenced. The cuisine has very unique flavors and accents, ranging from simple dishes to elaborate creations of culinary art. The exotic tastes and dazzling presentations ensures your dining experience will be truly memorable.
Reviewed December 22, 2013

My wife and I entered this restaurant thinking it was for "casual dining"---that's what the AAA TourBook said----but the linen tablecloths and napkins professionally folded and standing at attention on the table bespoke of a much more formal dining experience. But we were driving back home, it was a rather chilly Monday night, and we didn't get any dirty looks despite our rather casual attire, so we sat down. From that point, it was a wonderful dining experience. The menu is loaded with creatively prepared items, and it was difficult to choose. We shared a duck breast quesadilla as an appetizer, then each enjoyed a wonderful dinner. If I had any complaint, it was that the dessert menu was overproced (all items except gelato $8), and I had the gelato, which was inferior to most others. And the service was exquisite: our server took the time to answer our questions very professionally, and to ensure that we enjoyed our dining experience. Please make note that this is a B.Y.O.B. restaurant, whichj did not bother us a bit. Also note that, with no wine or alcohol, our tab, including tax and tip, came to $105 for two. Certainly this is a great spot for a romantic dinner, or for a special occasion. It's a bit of a drive for us---125 miles from home---but when we're going through Morristown, as we do from time to time, we'll be sure to stop for an outstanding meal.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

The service was excellent from the moment we stepped in the doorway to the moment we stepped out.

Interesting food on the menu including venison, quail, duck, and more. Also, the goat cheese whipped potatoes were unexpectedly delicious!

Great date night restaurant.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Small quaint, tasty preparation. Just enough atmosphere to enjoy everything about this place. Elegant dining experience

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I wanted a good restaurant to celebrate a special day, and Tim Schafer's fit the bill. I walked in with a high end cabernet sauvignon, and the waiter started recommending dishes that would pair well with the wine. I had the hardest time choosing as everything on the menu sounded wonderful. The ahi tuna over crisp wonton appetizer was amazing! I asked for no cucumber salad with the appetizer, and the kitchen adhered to my request. I walked in wanting the jambalaya after reviewing the menu on-line. The server said it would go great with the wine, and he was spot on. The jambalaya was chock full of seafood and sausage. Probably one of the best jambalaya dishes I've had. Service was spot on. Dinner took about 1.5 hours, which made it a leasurely paced evening. I hate being rushed at dinner, especially when you want an enjoyable evening. This was my first time there, and I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Being from out of town, we had really no clue about this restaurant except is was conveinent to our hotel (The Hyatt). We had a party of 6 and were celebrating a birthday which we mentioned to our server. Everyone's food was absolutely delicious. Our server Gerard was excellent and suggested entrees for each person individually. I had the short ribs which were falling off the bone tender and someone else in our party just raved about the salmon. Someone else in our party ordered the filet, rare, cooked perfectly, getting exactly what they wanted and said it was fork tender. Dessert, WOW! Our server brought the birthday boy out a special chocolate dessert with a lit candle. We also shared key lime pie which was also very good. The chef was very cute and said "good night" to our party on the way out. This restaurant is charming with quality food and we plan on going back there on our next visit to Morristown. I highly recommend Tim Schafer's.