“Had a Great Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chef Fredy's Table

Chef Fredy's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Fredy's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 155 Restaurants in Morristown
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cattano Avenue
Description: Chef Fredy's Table in Morristown lives up to its reputation for serving excellent New American cuisine in an elegant and comfortable atmosphere. Our menu features many dishes that are beer influenced. The cuisine has very unique flavors and accents, ranging from simple dishes to elaborate creations of culinary art. The exotic tastes and dazzling presentations ensures your dining experience will be truly memorable.
Springfield, New Jersey
“Had a Great Time”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This evening my spouse and I dined at Tim Schafer's with friends of ours. Thanks to very good food, excellent and warm service, and a table in a nice quiet room, we had a wonderful night out. For starters, I had the South Western Style Duck Quesadilla, which was a delicious dish with smoked cheese, peppers, corn and duck confit on crispy tortillas, with a drizzle of Guinness Stout BBQ sauce. It was really very delicious and both creative and comforting. Our friend, Yolanda had semi boneless quail which looked and smelled outstanding. For my main course, I had the Creole Jambalaya with Shrimp & Sea Scallops. I love cajun food and I can easily state that this was the best jambalaya that I have eaten outside of Louisiana. It was spicy, hearty and very tasty. Jacki also thought that the her pork chops were very good. I ended my meal with the peanut butter crunch torte, which was nothing less than heavenly. We also enjoyed really good service and leisurely dined for two and a half hours on a Friday night without anyone trying to rush us in the slightest. I am happy to recommend this Morristown establishment.

• Visited July 2012

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“You haven't changed your decor yet?”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The food is great ambiance not so much. I's a BYOB whish is always nice.

Visited January 2012
Northern New Jersey
“If you love Fois Gras you'll love Tim Schafer's cuisine”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Tim Scafer's is a gem of a place for foodies.

The restaurant is small and nicely decorated. We usually make a reservation on the later side around 9:00. The wait staff in amazing!

As for the food. It's a foodies paradise and it's local- right in Morristown!

The Duck Quesadillas, Fois Gras, Quail, and Signature Calamari are outstanding appetizers. The short ribs are tasty and fall off the bone tender. The filet mignon wrapped with bacon and served with a cabernet demi is my husband's favorite. I am in love with the ahi tuna (rare) with wasabi mashed potatoes and roasted root veggies. Wow is all I can say!

They also have other meats like venison, bison, alligator, etc. The culinary specials change all the time, but are always a treat.

The only issue I have with the restaurant is their dessert menu. It is sub par for a restaurant that prides itself with such adventurous dishes. This is the only reason the restaurant is a four star for me. Besides that the food is first class! Give it a try and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2012
New York City, New York
“Great food, nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The food was great. Very creative dishes and very tasty. Loved the lump crab appetizer balls! I had talapia for entree...perfect, and very creatively presented. My colleagues thoroughly enjoyed their filet mignon. But the service.....although a sweet bunch of guys, the waiters were lacking in attentiveness. Nice atmosphere to well accommodate a group of friends, family or business meal.Oh, and if you want wine with your meal, Its BYOB. (But a Liquor Store is next door.)

• Visited March 2012
northern NJ
“In the Spirit of Its Founder”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Tim Shafer's continues with very good food, but the service is not as warm and helpful as it was when Tim was there...