My friend and I stayed at this hotel on Thanksgiving weekend for 3 nights. (We forgot to post our review right away.)
The reason why we chose this hotel were:
1. #1 in Morristown on TA.
2. Looked beautiful on website
3. Excellent room rate of $99 including daily buffet breakfast for two, one free movie, sodas, snacks and popcorn. (Family Package)
1. The location (very convenient for shopping and dining)
2. Beautiful lobby (modern and trendy decor, lights on Christmas tree were on on day 1, but were off the rest of our stay.)
3. Wonderful bartender (she was great!)
4. View from room
5. Free parking
We did not like:
1. Front Desk
Upon checked in, a female front desk staff gave us a room key and a breakfast coupon, but did not say anything about sodas and snacks. We asked her how to get them. She told us to let us know later, but never heard from her.
On day 2, we asked another front desk staff, and she told us to call room service. When we called room service, they had no idea what Family Package was.
On day 3, we called room service again, and we were told that sodas and snacks will be delivered to our room which they did.
On day 4, when we checked out, the statement showed $60 for room service. We told a female front desk staff that this should be included in our room rate. A male front desk staff went to restaurant to check. After the female front staff received a call from him from restaurant, she apologized and deleted it from our statement. She said this is a new package and does not show in their computer. You don't know what kind of package you are selling?
There was a chest right afer we stepped into the room. So, if you are using it, you can't open the door. Bathroom was small, not enough counter space. Very inconvenient. A lot of dust on art works, on blinds and in the drawers of the chest. Have housekeeping ever cleaned them? Renovated room but paint job was poor and wall paper was sligtly peeled off in the bathroom.
3. Fitness Center
Website said ON SITE, so we thought it was located inside of the hotel. But it was not and was managed by totally different company. As previous review said you can not go there with swimming suit and bathrobe. We felt very uncomfortable that we had to walk through lobby, restaurant and movie theater every time we used it.
Sorry, we will stay at another hotel who got four diamond award from AAA next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of downtown Morristown, the Hyatt Regency Morristown puts you in the center of everything that our quaint town has to offer. Treat yourself to a stay in one of our 256 oversized guestrooms or Suites and experience the perfect balance of business and pleasure in our prime location. Stop by our Eclectic Grill Restaurant and enjoy culinary at its perfection or pass through our Eclectic Cup Coffee Bar and the chic Qube Lounge for a quick grab & go or for some relaxation with one of our signature beverages and appetizers. Get out and explore over 60 options of world class shopping, entertainment, and dining all within walking distance to the Hotel. Whether you are in town for social events and gatherings, formal or casual meetings, come on by and experience hospitality at its finest feel the Hyatt Touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Morristown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Morristown Hotel Morristown
- Morristown Hyatt