“Satisfactory”

Hyatt Regency Morristown
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed March 5, 2010

My friend and I stayed at this hotel on Thanksgiving weekend for 3 nights. (We forgot to post our review right away.)

The reason why we chose this hotel were:

1. #1 in Morristown on TA.
2. Looked beautiful on website
3. Excellent room rate of $99 including daily buffet breakfast for two, one free movie, sodas, snacks and popcorn. (Family Package)

We loved:

1. The location (very convenient for shopping and dining)
2. Beautiful lobby (modern and trendy decor, lights on Christmas tree were on on day 1, but were off the rest of our stay.)
3. Wonderful bartender (she was great!)
4. View from room
5. Free parking

We did not like:

1. Front Desk
Upon checked in, a female front desk staff gave us a room key and a breakfast coupon, but did not say anything about sodas and snacks. We asked her how to get them. She told us to let us know later, but never heard from her.

On day 2, we asked another front desk staff, and she told us to call room service. When we called room service, they had no idea what Family Package was.

On day 3, we called room service again, and we were told that sodas and snacks will be delivered to our room which they did.

On day 4, when we checked out, the statement showed $60 for room service. We told a female front desk staff that this should be included in our room rate. A male front desk staff went to restaurant to check. After the female front staff received a call from him from restaurant, she apologized and deleted it from our statement. She said this is a new package and does not show in their computer. You don't know what kind of package you are selling?

2. Room
There was a chest right afer we stepped into the room. So, if you are using it, you can't open the door. Bathroom was small, not enough counter space. Very inconvenient. A lot of dust on art works, on blinds and in the drawers of the chest. Have housekeeping ever cleaned them? Renovated room but paint job was poor and wall paper was sligtly peeled off in the bathroom.

3. Fitness Center
Website said ON SITE, so we thought it was located inside of the hotel. But it was not and was managed by totally different company. As previous review said you can not go there with swimming suit and bathrobe. We felt very uncomfortable that we had to walk through lobby, restaurant and movie theater every time we used it.

Sorry, we will stay at another hotel who got four diamond award from AAA next time.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,035)

Reviewed February 26, 2010

I stayed there just for one night and I was happy I had chosen this Hyatt. Mayor plus is the free self parking in the garage! The hotel is attached to a complex with a cinema, offices and a health club/ pool shared with the hotel. Everything very late 70ies or 80ies, but keep in mind its Morristown. Nevertheless the hotel is renovated. Rooms are alright and the beds are very comfortable. I had a good rest. If you wanna use the pool or health club I simply advise you to go there fully dressed as you need to walk through the hotel and cinema lobby to reach it. No way to do so just with a bathrobe, but there are changing rooms available. Don't take any values with you as you need to bring your own lock for the lockers. We had room service once which was tasty and quick but a little pricey with all the surcharges. In the morning I picked up some coffee and pastries in the lobby, which I always do while in america.
Well I was satisfied so far and would stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2010

1) At check in the lobby was filled with the stench of cooked Fish! Overpowering - bad fish smell. I almost threw-up! The checkin assistant agreed.
2) Arrived at the room. I had to call downstairs to get a remote that I could adjust the sound on. They got that done quickly and professionally.
3) The room, Thin walls. I can hear the next door talking plainly.
4) The room, The desk is builtin. It is facing the window. TV and rest of the room is to my back. i.e. I can not look at the TV while working at the desk. The windows are cold. However, to work at the deks you must face the window.
5) The room, No curtains at the windows. Only blinds. I feel like I am sleeping at the office. Besides they offer not thermal protection.
6) The room, I have a light at the door (overhead). One dim light over the bed. One dim desklamp. The room is dark! I don't have enough light to read or work. I feel like I am in a cave. They spent alot of money upgrading the room, none of it was spent on lights.
7) The room, dirty! The lamp over the bed had dead bugs on the plastic cover. I touched the lamp and dust flew.

I will be recommending that my company change hotels. I will probably be leaving in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank zort2001
MorristownHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2010

We are very sorry to hear your first evening was not up to the standards you should rightfully expect from our hotel. There is no reason you should have encountered any dust or bugs in our rooms. We feel it is important to continue to have access to fresh air in the rooms with functioning windows and a consequence is that flying insects do find their way in. You are right to expect them to be removed before you arrive and I apologize that we failed to do so. We do appreciate your feedback on the design of our new rooms and as a result we are going back to each room and increasing the watts for each of the existing lights in the room. This will increase the lighting within the room by almost over 30% from what you experienced during your visit. We will have this complete prior to the end of February. We are excited to be able to offer this new design and will continue to make improvements based on practical feedback such as yours. Thank you for your assistance in our quest to improve our product and services.

Reviewed January 15, 2010

Monday when I went to bed, there was a long black hair on my pillow. There was no hot water when I took a shower Tuesday morning. I literally took a cold shower. Not even lukewarm. When I returned to my room Tuesday night my dirty underwear was gone. They were new. Wednesday morning I awoke to my neighbors’ cell phone ringing at 6AM. I couldn’t fall back to sleep so I decided to take a shower and there was no cold water. I like a hot shower but the water was third degree burn hot so I couldn’t take a shower.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank blibonate
MorristownHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2010

We are very sorry for the water temperature fluctuations and poor housekeeping you experienced during your visit. As we returned the final floor of rooms from our renovation the day of your arrival there was a plumbing issue as a result of the complete remodel of the bathroom in your guest room. We certainly should have discovered this issue prior to your arrival and I am particularly disappointed we were unable to address the concern to your satisfaction prior to your departure. I assure you that this concern has been corrected and that the cleanliness issue is an isolated incident not representative of the standard you should rightly expect of our hotel.

Reviewed January 6, 2010

We had 1 king bed on floor 8. The room was very trendy, had a couch, desk and large comfy bed. The furnishings are all very nice. There is a charge for wifi. The walls however were very thin and you can hear the room next door and anything happening outside your door. This is walkable distance (5-10mins) from the train station that takes you to NYC but it takes about 1 hr about $10.50 one way, the front desk can give you a train schedule and information. Across the street is century 21 department store, sushi place, closeby there is starbucks as well. This is a nice small town but it is too far going into nyc. I would choose to stay in newark if that is your intent. At night the town seems safe but not many folks walking around

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2010

My husband arranged our room block here for our May '09 wedding and the whole process with the sales department was easy and efficient. Our out-of-town guests (early 20s - grandparents) enjoyed staying here at a very affordable rate (reception was held elsewhere) and we had a great time catching up at the lobby bar for after-party drinks. The rooms were quite nice (before the renovation) and a bellman quickly put a refrigerator in our room, when we asked for it. Room service breakfast was prompt and delicious - if a tad pricey.

The staff (front desk, bellmen, bartenders) were all very pleasant and helpful during our entire stay (2 nights) - one of my picky friends noticed this also. Unfortunately, a couple of guys in our party had too much to drink and the bartenders had to cut them off - that was handled very graciously.

Around midnight, we headed over to SM23, a chill lounge (in the same building) where we enjoyed amazing martinis (grilled pineapple and cracked black pepper!) and awesome house music.We can't wait to go back for our 1-yr anniversary (comp room).

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2009

My father and I enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt, the rooms were really nice (and this was before they renovated) and had a good trip to north jersey... A couple little things: all of the restaurants in the hotel were very very pricey and the pool, though very nice, involved walking throught the lobby of the public movie theater, which was kinda weird walking past people in winter coats while wearing soaking trunks... plus the pool was far away but all indoors and really nice.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
MorristownHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2009

Thank you so much for the great comments regarding your stay with us. It is truly our pleasure to have you as our guest. We realize it is unconventional to have to walk through a public hallway to access the Health Club. We wanted our guests to have complimentary access to this great 40,000 square foot facility with an indoor pool and running track instead of the makeshift fitness rooms you find in most hotels. We provide robes upon request for all of our guests and the Health club does have full locker room facilities for changing as well. We hope to host you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#2 of 6 in Whippany
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
#7 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Hyatt Regency Morristown? Share your experiences!