“Excellent business hotel, room layout problems.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Morristown

Hyatt Regency Morristown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
San Francisco
“Excellent business hotel, room layout problems.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was my first stay at this hotel. Overall it was very good. The lobby and rooms were clean, fresh, and comfortable. The front desk was always well-staffed and check-in was quick. I was upgraded to a view room on the 15th floor, which was very nice.
The room was well appointed but had a few layout flaws. There was not enough light in shower area of the bathroom. It's a common problem in many hotels but still annoys me. I don't like showering in the dark. The desk area near the window is very nice and spacious but the placement of the AC unit in the desk is really terrible. It shoots out a lot of cold air that freezes you and anything on the desk while you're trying to work. In fact, it caused water to condense on my laptop and Blackberry. Not cool (no pun intended). What makes this doubly annoying is that I love AC and the room is too hot when it's not on, but I can't work with that blizzard in my face!
The lunch buffet was probably the best lunch buffet I've ever had at a business hotel. They even had pine nuts in the salad bar. And it was only $12.
Overall, I would definitely stay here again, but I'll have to do my work in bed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Maryland Line, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The entrance of the hotel was beautiful. Nice lounge with excellent food at the hotel restaurant. My husband and I booked this hotel at a discount, so for the price paid, the hotel and amenities were great. I would not pay full price, however, because of the dated bathroom. It appears that the entire hotel was updated, except for the original dated tub/shower combo. Our drain kept getting clogged, however, for a one night discounted stay, we did not complain.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MorristownHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Morristown, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
We appreciate your taking the time to provide us feedback on TripAdvisor from your recent stay. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed the layout of the hotel and the food and beverage options. We are very sorry that you encountered challenges with the tub in your room and apologize for any inconvenience this caused. All of our bathrooms were refurbished at the same time as our guest rooms. We chose to keep the shower tub combination at the time of our refurbishment to allow our guests the continued opportunity to make their own choice between a bath and a shower. Many of our travelers are passionate about making this decision for themselves. Thank you again for choosing the Hyatt Morristown and if I may ever be of an assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

Stayed here from 09/05 to 09/09/11; was a bit underwhelmed.

First, the good: it is a nice and modern hotel with all the amenities, freshly renovated with a crisp, interior design. It sports a very expansive lobby with spiffy decor and a cool-looking lounge and bar. The rooms are in that new urban Hyatt style I admire with a comfortable bed, a long work desk that spans the entire wall on one end (which I love) and a big bathroom. Best of all, it is walking distance to a whole bunch of neighborhood resturants and a few blocks from the train station that takes you directly to NYC for $13 if Morristown becomes a bit dull after a day or two.

The bad, one word: the service is mediocre! While Matt who checked me in was wonderful, it went downhill from there. The bartenders are nice but absentminded and need a little more manners, the breakfast buffet server who waited on me was really surly and housekeeping kept on forgetting to replenish my toiletries consistently...worse, the towels need replacement in general. Every batch delivered to my room had some unmentionable stain on them...ewww! And the toilet bowl spat out a gurgling sound every now and then that pointed to a plumbing problem somewhere.

I am a big fan of the Hyatt chain..however this one has some catching up to do when it comes to delivering the Hyatt standard I'm a bit more accustomed to around the world. One more thing, no free wifi in the lobby. Really?!

Room Tip: Get a view room, the landscape is srenely lush outside your window!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
MorristownHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Morristown, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thank you for providing us an opportunity to improve our service by posting your experience. Although I am very disappointed that our overall service performance was below expectations, it was great to hear that your appreciation of our room design and our outstanding location. We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests in every aspect of their visit. I am very sorry that you encountered service challenges during your stay with us, we certainly appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt. I hope you will not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss further or if I may ever be of any assistance.
Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

I wasn't sure what to expect b/c the price I got was so terrific...especially when you factor in the discount and free breakfast that came with the AAA rate. But the room was lovely, and the service we got at the front desk was cheerful, efficient, and thoughtful. We told the manager (who checked us in) that we were just getting away from the kids for a night, and a few minutes later she sent strawberries and champagne to our room with her best wishes for a relaxing stay. The breakfast buffet was really great...lots of fresh fruit, including some of the biggest fresh raspberries I've ever seen, plus your standard eggs, potatoes, and sausage, stuffed french toast, mini belgian waffles, cereals, pastries...really nice. The hotel is only a few minutes' walk from tons of restaurants and boutique-y shops. Oddly, half of them were closed for Labor Day weekend, but I'd like to go back sometime and check out a few. We had a wonderful time and will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stayed here on a Friday night in August, on our way to New York. They offerd a AAA rate of $89 which included a FULL hot and cold buffet breakfast for two people (at least a $30 value--they had smoked salmon and bagels, and fresh berries to go along with the eggs, bacon, sausage, quiche, waffles, and cheeses). The self-parking was free with validation. We had no complaints. If you're on the road and need to get off and just find a nice clean place to sleep, this place was a GREAT discovery. Way better than a Holiday Inn Express !

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
dnpinva
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

This hotel is nicely remodeled and shows off some trendy and comfortable touches. It deserves a 4.5 star-rating - close to a 5-star. A few things worth pointing out :

The bathroom is terrific, but the light could be a little brighter closer to the mirror.
Shower tiling is gorgeous.
Rooms are large.
TV is superb.
AC is effective and quiet.
Shutters added a touch of class to the room.
Lobby is exquisite.
There is free, covered parking.
Location is superb and within walking distance to train to NYC.
Wifi is for a fee but is quite fast.
Staff is super helpful.
Great location!
Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MorristownHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Morristown, responded to this review, August 28, 2011
We greatly appreciate your taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor. Your kind words are tremendous motivation for our team of associates. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again very soon.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

Hyatt Morristown is one of the perfect hotels in services and quality. Extremely courteous staff and will do anything possible to help you. Location is the huge factor for this hotel amidst the happening part of the town. It has also a huge gym with indoor swimming pool and a multiplex too. Complimentary breakfast is the sumptuous. Smart and beautiful ladies at the front-desk will impress you like anything. Ambiance is superb and at the end of a hard day in office you will like to chillax at their lounge with Starbucks coffee or drinks. Provide you complimentary option to print your air-ticket or boarding pass. Also have a ATM in the lobby. Haven't tried the dinner menu though but they have variety. No price in guessing they ought to be expensive. Only drawback I found is absence of kitchenette rooms for extended stay guests.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of hills over Morristown. Amazing sunset you can witness.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Souvik25
MorristownHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Morristown, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you on your next visit to the Morristown area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Hanover Marriott
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany

Been to Hyatt Regency Morristown? Share your experiences!